Slimming World And Why We Do It? (other Slimming Organisations Are Available ;))

• Thread starter Emmal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
  • Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
N

No longer with us

I lost nearly four stone with Slimming World about five years ago and was happier than ever
I then decided I would give up smoking, I smoked 30 a day for over 30 years
It was alot easier than I thought it would be
This was nearly three years ago now and I haven't had one cigarette but the weight has crept back on
It was so easy before, if I got bored or peckish I would just have a cup of tea and a cigarette but now I just can't seem to stick to it.
I'm not happy with myself and don't think I ever will be while I'm bigger
Mr Him and close friends always tell me I'm gawgus and sexy but I am constantly beating myself up about it xxx

D

Deleted member 3175

This thread is fantastic and I agree with everyone's opinions.

I have to say that @Pearls has a point but it is difficult. Relationship with food is a very strange thing and to be able to control it does require will power that some people just don't have, therefore places like SW allow them to have that control.

Having been the same weight now for more than 7 years (loosing and gaining 1/2 stone here and there), but yet I have more of a lady figure because I exercise more. I don't have diabetes but yet am considered by my doc to be morbidly obese. I'm not the fittest person but am active enough not have any health problems.

I constantly beat myself up about the fact that I can't just walk into any shop and get the clothes I want cos they don't have my size, and the fact it costs more to buy clothes in my size. Hubbie and friends say I look great but sometimes I look in the mirror and think what are they talking about!

I have come to the conclusion after reading this thread that I need to shake myself more and try to find that inner will
Power, I don't want to be super skinny but just a wee bit smaller than I am
Now! X

Reactions: Sammy
N

No longer with us

This thread is fantastic and I agree with everyone's opinions.

I have to say that @Pearls has a point but it is difficult. Relationship with food is a very strange thing and to be able to control it does require will power that some people just don't have, therefore places like SW allow them to have that control.

Having been the same weight now for more than 7 years (loosing and gaining 1/2 stone here and there), but yet I have more of a lady figure because I exercise more. I don't have diabetes but yet am considered by my doc to be morbidly obese. I'm not the fittest person but am active enough not have any health problems.

I constantly beat myself up about the fact that I can't just walk into any shop and get the clothes I want cos they don't have my size, and the fact it costs more to buy clothes in my size. Hubbie and friends say I look great but sometimes I look in the mirror and think what are they talking about!

I have come to the conclusion after reading this thread that I need to shake myself more and try to find that inner will
Power, I don't want to be super skinny but just a wee bit smaller than I am
Now! X
Couldn't have put it better myself :love:

N

No longer with us

I read Paul Mckenna's book on slimming once. There is a lot of good info about the psychology of it all, one thing it suggests is putting a massive question mark on your fridge to get you to hesitate, to think of why you are reaching for the cheese...very often it is something else that is bothering us. I might try that, less painful than the jaw wiring :rofl:

p.s. I just ate a tub of Ben and Jerry's. I'm not sorry, I've been very energetic for two days and it's my Easter treat - some food fun is good...I do feel slightly now though tbh :rofl: Don't think I'll have the pimms I was going to have now, going to spend a lot of the afternoon on the wii fit :)
My weakness is the booze :eek: and then my willpower goes into hiding and the munchies start :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 6127

I lost nearly four stone with Slimming World about five years ago and was happier than ever
I then decided I would give up smoking, I smoked 30 a day for over 30 years
It was alot easier than I thought it would be
This was nearly three years ago now and I haven't had one cigarette but the weight has crept back on
It was so easy before, if I got bored or peckish I would just have a cup of tea and a cigarette but now I just can't seem to stick to it.
I'm not happy with myself and don't think I ever will be while I'm bigger
Mr Him and close friends always tell me I'm gawgus and sexy but I am constantly beating myself up about it xxx
You are lovely sexy lady xxxx :0)) t

T

Terryg

Snap me too my downfall

But @Terryg kebabs soooo wrong lol I never been brave enough to try
I don't think it's bravery to eat a kebab, probably down right stupidity, but I always have salad with it! :rofl:.. but still chocolate..mmmmmmm.!!!

S

Sammy

Had a good laugh this morning. My personal trainer was saying to me that in the future he would be sure to keep an eye on my body fat percentage to check it didn't go too low, i.e. under 20%. I laughed, a lot. I am pretty sure that even at my fittest and slimmest I have never been below 25%. He is drastically over-estimating my commitment to fitness regimes :lol:

There is more chance of me copping off with Lady Gaga than going below 20% body fat :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ehhhhhhh him professional - you trainee - is that the word

He know what he is talking bout n clearly felt the need to tell you

Our prescription of ourselves and others are often vastly different

Listen to the professional! Lol

S

Sammy

Nothing wrong with getting a tad carried away....

Oh there my point proven Miss G!!! See if you go fishing , it amazing you always get a bite

Poor Terry took the bait , hook line n sinker

Nothing at all Terry , a bit of enthusiasm is fab , however OTT isn't lol