Slimming World And Why We Do It? (other Slimming Organisations Are Available ;))

• Thread starter Emmal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
  • Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
E

Emmal

I did slimming world years ago when it was still red and green days not like the mix of days you can do today.
I lost 4 stone on it then and I've probably kept 3 of it off since then.
I'm a size size 16 currently but aiming to get to a size 12 before the year is out. I want to be healthier and feel sexier, I'm doing it for me and only me. My ex husband used to intimidate me and call me fat and shit, I used to let it get to me but in time turned it and used it as my strength....plus got rid of him...best waste lost!!
For me personally I can't follow a actual diet because I don't end up doing it right, sw & ww all claim to change your eating habits but I just ended up eating the same stuff all the time.
I now eat what I want within reason and take the dog on long walks to help keep me active.

E

Emmal

If you've kept 3 out of 4 stone off for years you are obviously doing something right, excellent going! Good luck with getting to a size 12 this year! :)

Your ex sounds awful :( I'm really glad you got rid and turned things around in your life :)
You're new on here aren't you? There is a lot of body positivity on here, I've never seen anyone fat shamed. There is a real celebration of the sexiness of all body shapes :)

I can but try and try and try

He really was with some things proper made me lose my confidence but I defiantly have turned that around.

Yeah I'm new to the site but what I like about this site that everyone is so supportive and chatty and not rude at all.
That's why I've been worried about going to a club because in my head everyone that's going to be there are all slim, sexy. Stupid I know x

MP386

MOTM

9 November 2015
I have said in various places I have lost 3 stone in weight over the last couple of years not following any slimming plans or programmes just by cutting down on the things I love and working I don't do gyms or exercising ...i did it for me no one else ...

MP386

MOTM

9 November 2015
I can but try and try and try

He really was with some things proper made me lose my confidence but I defiantly have turned that around.

Yeah I'm new to the site but what I like about this site that everyone is so supportive and chatty and not rude at all.
That's why I've been worried about going to a club because in my head everyone that's going to be there are all slim, sexy. Stupid I know x
Just had a quick perv .... peek :D you look fantastic .... :whistle:

Reactions: Joanne
E

Emmal

I have said in various places I have lost 3 stone in weight over the last couple of years not following any slimming plans or programmes just by cutting down on the things I love and working I don't do gyms or exercising ...i did it for me no one else ...
Well done you

E

Emmal

I went to a club for the first time a couple of months ago. There were folks of all shapes, sizes and ages. I would say in fact that the media portrayed 'perfect slim sexy body' was in the minority. Everyone wandering around all comfortable with themselves helps empower you to do the same :)

...and welcome to SS :)
That's eased my nerves a lil..will bite the bullet and go to one soon xx

Reactions: No longer with us
E

Emmal

Re-joined SW 3 weeks ago, was big as a kid and always thought I was fat until I saw some photos of myself from 20 years ago, I've never had scales or a full length mirror just went for comfy leggings and tops!
Since being with the hubster i have piled more on and feel unhappy and uncomfortable with myself so doing something about it x

Good for you. You've made the hardest step by going to a group...hope it goes well for you xx

E

Emmal

If you do feel nervous maybe make your first visit a SS social? I'm not sure when the next one, they'll be posted about in the Meets and Events section of the forum though. That's what I did. Then there'll be other people from the site there, people you can chat to in advance who can help you out on your first night out :) You'll be absolutely fine :)

Thank you I will keep that in mind as I'd feel better going if I know that there will be some friendly families faces...boobs...bodies xx

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
If you do feel nervous maybe make your first visit a SS social? I'm not sure when the next one, they'll be posted about in the Meets and Events section of the forum though. That's what I did. Then there'll be other people from the site there, people you can chat to in advance who can help you out on your first night out :) You'll be absolutely fine :)

Thank you I will keep that in mind as I'd feel better going if I know that there will be some friendly families faces...boobs...bodies xx
I agree this is a great idea, and we have another one coming up very soon. :) x

A

andymitel

About 6 years ago I had steadily crept up to 19.5 stone. I was always tired, slept on the sofa when I got home, snored like a pig and developed sleep apnoea.
Softly softly programmes don't work for me so I decided to go the whole hog and joined Lighter Life. I lost 5 stone in around 8 months and bottomed out at 14.5 stone. My energy level went through the roof, I returned to a really positive mental attitude, dealt great and could fit in a Medium shirt. I can now fit in my leathers that I wore 40 years ago!! I eventually bounced back to 15.5 stone where I am now. I had a great verification last week on another well known site where I was described very kindly as having "the energy of a 20 year old and a very quick recovery time"
Needless to say I'm very happy where I am, and hell will freeze over before that weight goes back on...(y)

E

Emmal

About 6 years ago I had steadily crept up to 19.5 stone. I was always tired, slept on the sofa when I got home, snored like a pig and developed sleep apnoea.
Softly softly programmes don't work for me so I decided to go the whole hog and joined Lighter Life. I lost 5 stone in around 8 months and bottomed out at 14.5 stone. My energy level went through the roof, I returned to a really positive mental attitude, dealt great and could fit in a Medium shirt. I can now fit in my leathers that I wore 40 years ago!! I eventually bounced back to 15.5 stone where I am now. I had a great verification last week on another well known site where I was described very kindly as having "the energy of a 20 year old and a very quick recovery time"
Needless to say I'm very happy where I am, and hell will freeze over before that weight goes back on...(y)
Well done you not sure I could do the lighter life, think I'd miss chewing as that's just a shake/water diet isn't it.

A

andymitel

Well done you not sure I could do the lighter life, think I'd miss chewing as that's just a shake/water diet isn't it.
It may have changed now, but when I did it it was just soups and shakes for the first week, after that you were allowed bars. But the weight falls off you so fast that you get addicted to the programme, and after the carb withdrawal which takes about a week you tend to lose interest in eating...

E

Emmal

It may have changed now, but when I did it it was just soups and shakes for the first week, after that you were allowed bars. But the weight falls off you so fast that you get addicted to the programme, and after the carb withdrawal which takes about a week you tend to lose interest in eating...
Well done for keeping it off too...might give it a look x

S

Sammy

Jeez where do I even start with this one ....

I have tried every single weight loss organisation and diet going - you name it I tried it

WW
SW
Cambridge diet
Adkins
Curves .... fabulous highly recommend
Chemical diet
Cabbage diet .... I know I know I can hear the comments

I've always was a short curvy busty girl even at my fitest

I get usually comments
Pretty girl shame bout the figure
Oh you carry your weight well
You name it I've had it even - oh I need to cross fuck a fat gal off my fucket list

I've lost weight put it on etc. Etc
Long story short im probably one biggest girls about - a whole long story how I've got to this point ... the only thing I'd say to that is never presume to why people , it's not necessarily about being lazy

Definitely on a mission to loose weight , so I'm interested to hear who is using what

Yip all the fears the girls the girls have spoken to , I can totally relate

I've exchanged a few pms with @AutumnH ... she gave me a wonderful honest frank advice n spoke openly about her experience going to a club
Highly recommend talking to her

But yes big small tall short fat slim ....are we ever 100% happy .

Whoop whoop and hats off to those who have kept it off

Good luck to those who are still in their journey

Reactions: Pearls and Therapon