Technology

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
So, we already have the Alexa for all you lazy folks out there but last night I watched an ad for a tv remote that you talk to, to change channel because obviously pressing a button has now become too much like hard work ?

In my opinion technology like this is amazing for people that aren’t able bodied, disabled, blind etc. It gives independence but what about the rest of folk.

Is this a nation now of bone idleness?
Can’t you turn on a light switch or set an alarm yourself?

We certainly wouldn’t have such technology for these reasons and security, we are quite capable of getting off our backsides and switching a button on or off, setting the radio station.

So why have people become a bunch of lard arses?

There must be a genuine reason for having such technology other than I can’t or am incapable.

Where will it end?

Over to you. ??

MP386

MOTM

9 November 2015
So, we already have the Alexa for all you lazy folks out there but last night I watched an ad for a tv remote that you talk to, to change channel because obviously pressing a button has now become too much like hard work ?

In my opinion technology like this is amazing for people that aren’t able bodied, disabled, blind etc. It gives independence but what about the rest of folk.

Is this a nation now of bone idleness?
Can’t you turn on a light switch or set an alarm yourself?

We certainly wouldn’t have such technology for these reasons and security, we are quite capable of getting off our backsides and switching a button on or off, setting the radio station.

So why have people become a bunch of lard arses?

There must be a genuine reason for having such technology other than I can’t or am incapable.

Where will it end?

Over to you. ??
You can actually get light switches, heating controlled by your phone or voice activated .... so you don’t have to get up ... some people like all the latest techie stuff it’s a bit of one up manship for some .... it is to much and they cost fortunes compared to a boggo standard switch ...
I have enough trouble working a computer or my iPhone so I’m not likely to complicate things more with tech ...

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
You can actually get light switches, heating controlled by your phone or voice activated .... so you don’t have to get up ... some people like all the latest techie stuff it’s a bit of one up manship for some .... it is to much and they cost fortunes compared to a boggo standard switch ...
I have enough trouble working a computer or my iPhone so I’m not likely to complicate things more with tech ...
So do you think people want all this crap just to show off?
That’s the only thing I can think of.
I’ve got an auntie who’s hands are riddled with arthritis, she can’t open a can. She can still switch a light on but in the near future technology like this would really make her life easier. I think for that purpose it’s fantastic.

D

dshade82

I have an Alexa and Hue lights as well, so I can ask Alexa to turn my lights on and off for me without moving. It's more a novelty than anything for me - but the technology is really useful for people with physical limitations.

The lights are actually quite useful - I can set them to come on or turn off at certain times of the day (I use it as a trigger for me to go to bed once all the lights go off) or to come on automatically when I'm within a certain distance of the house and coming home.

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
I have an Alexa and Hue lights as well, so I can ask Alexa to turn my lights on and off for me without moving. It's more a novelty than anything for me - but the technology is really useful for people with physical limitations.

The lights are actually quite useful - I can set them to come on or turn off at certain times of the day (I use it as a trigger for me to go to bed once all the lights go off) or to come on automatically when I'm within a certain distance of the house and coming home.
So it’s down to having it as a novelty or you. I go to bed when I’m tired Good reply though. Ta ;);)

MP386

MOTM

9 November 2015
So do you think people want all this crap just to show off?
That’s the only thing I can think of.
I’ve got an auntie who’s hands are riddled with arthritis, she can’t open a can. She can still switch a light on but in the near future technology like this would really make her life easier. I think for that purpose it’s fantastic.
In a word yes ... it’s like everything ... I’ve got a bigger better one than you scenario....
a switch is a switch why do you need to talk to it ?
If someone has major health problems they can help , but at a cost ? Is that cost worth it ... probably to the person involved yes if it makes things easier...

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
In a word yes ... it’s like everything ... I’ve got a bigger better one than you scenario....
a switch is a switch why do you need to talk to it ?
If someone has major health problems they can help , but at a cost ? Is that cost worth it ... probably to the person involved yes if it makes things easier...
I agree these things can make lives easier but with obesity, diabetes on such an increase in this country. What are we doing? Sitting on our arses talking to a machine to turn a channel over and switch lights off. What is this going to do to our future generation?
They won’t know what it is to move from a seat.

11 November 2019
I agree these things can make lives easier but with obesity, diabetes on such an increase in this country. What are we doing? Sitting on our arses talking to a machine to turn a channel over and switch lights off. What is this going to do to our future generation?
They won’t know what it is to move from a seat.
I can remember back in the day..when you only had 3 channels on your tv,I was our family’s remote because I was the youngest..now with Uber delivery service there will be more health problems in the future?

DandDforfun

MOTM

24 August 2019
City
Portsmouth
I so agree with you Pearls. I don’t have anything like that in our house although have 2 teenagers. They each have a phone and 1 main computer between the 3 of us which I get priority over for work. They walk or bike to school (just under 3 miles) and are healthy fit kids. If home early and no heating on - they put an extra jumper on as I keep telling the British Gas man who tries his hardest ever visit to modernise me and the home. Sticking to my principles on this one though - get off your backside and do the stuff yourself! ?

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
I so agree with you Pearls. I don’t have anything like that in our house although have 2 teenagers. They each have a phone and 1 main computer between the 3 of us which I get priority over for work. They walk or bike to school (just under 3 miles) and are healthy for kids. If home early and no heating on - they put an extra jumper on S I keep telling the British Gas man who tries his hardest ever visit to modernise me and the home. Sticking to my principles on this one though - get off your backside and do the stuff yourself! ?
Same here, our children actually move, they have phones but basic ones but are extremely active. We always try and get out, walk, eat healthy. This technology is just bad for you.
Kids will just get bigger and unhealthy.

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
It's great if you have a pet who falls asleep on you, its so cute there is no way you're moving. Also I get it with telly, searching is a pain due to no keyboard.
So pets are the reason? o_O
What about a remote for the telly or switching it over manually if you have an old one?

I have pets, mine move if I need the loo and shnuggle straight back in.

Sorry but that’s not a good way to live in my opinion ??

26 December 2019
So pets are the reason? o_O
What about a remote for the telly or switching it over manually if you have an old one?

I have pets, mine move if I need the loo and shnuggle straight back in.

Sorry but that’s not a good way to live in my opinion ??
I just love a doggy cuddle ??

I guess some people like to do as little as possible for the most gain. It does seem to be a socially accepted thing now days.

X

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
I just love a doggy cuddle ??

I guess some people like to do as little as possible for the most gain. It does seem to be a socially accepted thing now days.

X
Try switching the tech off hun. It’s liberating to be able to use your hands. Think of the exercise in one day.
Sorry to all but I can’t see the purpose of such craziness unless you have severe disabilities. For those that have, it’s life changing but for able bodied folk. Nah ??