Technology

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
19 March 2015
So, we already have the Alexa for all you lazy folks out there but last night I watched an ad for a tv remote that you talk to, to change channel because obviously pressing a button has now become too much like hard work ?

In my opinion technology like this is amazing for people that aren’t able bodied, disabled, blind etc. It gives independence but what about the rest of folk.

Is this a nation now of bone idleness?
Can’t you turn on a light switch or set an alarm yourself?

We certainly wouldn’t have such technology for these reasons and security, we are quite capable of getting off our backsides and switching a button on or off, setting the radio station.

So why have people become a bunch of lard arses?

There must be a genuine reason for having such technology other than I can’t or am incapable.

Where will it end?

Over to you. ??
Aye. Well as you know, I am a tech head and have been since I was young. (I have other qualifications and am served at lots of things...btw) It probably wouldn’t surprise too many if I said, I flew my computing GCSE. I was building databases at the age of 12.
Now, fast forward 30 years later and we have smartphones, iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy which is able to zoom in at a rather worrying level...
But while it’s great for humanity - it’s also an evil too.

Why?
Well it’s made it easier for crime. For predators. For bad people to do bad things.
The typical FB post of what someone ate last, when they ate it.. what their neighbours dog did last.
But also yes laziness.
Do we need Alexa to switch our lights on and off or dim them, change their colour when we want to?
Do we really need Alexa to play music for us when we can literally play it from so many of our devices.
We have a Roberts radio and I think it’s amazing. The sound is superb! I can Bluetooth the phone or iPad to it and play whatever I want.
Yes tech has made things more convenient but also made too many shortcuts for a lazier life.
With that Sky ad - my toes are curling. Literally a person holding a TV remote like a mic and speaking into it? Literally cringe level 100 ??‍♂️

Overall, tech has done some truly remarkable things for humanity and the human race. But when it’s used for sheer laziness and lazy reasons, then I see it as a negative.
It’s not good for kids either.
I saw an ad this week for a pair of Nike trainers, with LEDs on the sides, which you can colour change with an app on your phone.
Yes am serious.
So yeah it’s been a good thing for a plethora of reasons, but stuff like this is using it for negative things imho. X

11 November 2019
Aye. Well as you know, I am a tech head and have been since I was young. (I have other qualifications and am served at lots of things...btw) It probably wouldn’t surprise too many if I said, I flew my computing GCSE. I was building databases at the age of 12.
Now, fast forward 30 years later and we have smartphones, iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy which is able to zoom in at a rather worrying level...
But while it’s great for humanity - it’s also an evil too.

Why?
Well it’s made it easier for crime. For predators. For bad people to do bad things.
The typical FB post of what someone ate last, when they ate it.. what their neighbours dog did last.
But also yes laziness.
Do we need Alexa to switch our lights on and off or dim them, change their colour when we want to?
Do we really need Alexa to play music for us when we can literally play it from so many of our devices.
We have a Roberts radio and I think it’s amazing. The sound is superb! I can Bluetooth the phone or iPad to it and play whatever I want.
Yes tech has made things more convenient but also made too many shortcuts for a lazier life.
With that Sky ad - my toes are curling. Literally a person holding a TV remote like a mic and speaking into it? Literally cringe level 100 ??‍♂️

Overall, tech has done some truly remarkable things for humanity and the human race. But when it’s used for sheer laziness and lazy reasons, then I see it as a negative.
It’s not good for kids either.
I saw an ad this week for a pair of Nike trainers, with LEDs on the sides, which you can colour change with an app on your phone.
Yes am serious.
So yeah it’s been a good thing for a plethora of reasons, but stuff like this is using it for negative things imho. X
Dishwasher??

• Haha
Reactions: Pearls

Therapon

Admin
11 August 2015
Love the idea of remote controlled love eggs managed by an app though. ??

We had a remote control cock ring, not great when someone sets it off in the pub just as I am about to have a drink.
Have to agree with your post above, tech can be good, it has given us some amazing life saving kit, given us electricity, communications to name a few but the needless stuff just isn't needed and wastes resources for no benefit except to make money for someone.

19 March 2015
At home not work..for your own use? ?
You stated dishwasher. Not where or for what purpose.
Again I’m not sure what point you are trying to make here so why not just say what you’re trying to say, without laying little hints and posts here and there.
Or, if so inclined, start a thread discussing dishwashers?
we have one yes. At peak we were a family of six. Worked for us especially when working stupid hours.
Also, they’re far more economical for the environment.
Your post is like saying - do you have a kettle. An electric one.

In your opinion, is having Alexa in your home to manage lights in your living room, a good thing?
Or even an app on your phone to remind you when you’re low on a certain food in your fridge?

11 November 2019
You stated dishwasher. Not where or for what purpose.
Again I’m not sure what point you are trying to make here so why not just say what you’re trying to say, without laying little hints and posts here and there.
Or, if so inclined, start a thread discussing dishwashers?
we have one yes. At peak we were a family of six. Worked for us especially when working stupid hours.
Also, they’re far more economical for the environment.
Your post is like saying - do you have a kettle. An electric one.

In your opinion, is having Alexa in your home to manage lights in your living room, a good thing?
Or even an app on your phone to remind you when you’re low on a certain food in your fridge?
Pmsl I’m only saying ??