The Ice Breaker Thread

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
D

Deleted member 3411

Ok I confess that for some time now I/We have wanted to get to know a few couples and singles on here but are unsure how to break the ice. Biggest problem is that shyness despite how 'un-shy' the nature of swinging is. Regardless of how open we are to sex n fun with others none of us likes the feeling that a message may be returned with a frank "sorry but I/We don't like you".
So rightly or wrongly I thought of this thread. It's simple enough. Post a message here in which you just drop in the name or names of those you'd like to talk to. They will get a flag, If you see a flag in your in box saying ### has mentioned you in the thread 'The ice breaker thread' your being informed of their interest in you. Ok I agree there is the fact that when you don't get a reply it's the same as 'not interested message' but saves embarrassment of sending such a note.
Hopefully this will give some of you that chance of messaging back saying "Hi, yes actually we'd love to talk and possibly meet".

Reactions: Admin
Lovernotfighter

MOTM

3 February 2016
City
York
An interesting idea for a thread, even though my issue is writing that first 'hello' message itself and know what to say, since "hello, and how are you?" Is both uninspired and a bit shit.

L

louise1970

Ok I confess that for some time now I/We have wanted to get to know a few couples and singles on here but are unsure how to break the ice. Biggest problem is that shyness despite how 'un-shy' the nature of swinging is. Regardless of how open we are to sex n fun with others none of us likes the feeling that a message may be returned with a frank "sorry but I/We don't like you".
So rightly or wrongly I thought of this thread. It's simple enough. Post a message here in which you just drop in the name or names of those you'd like to talk to. They will get a flag, If you see a flag in your in box saying ### has mentioned you in the thread 'The ice breaker thread' your being informed of their interest in you. Ok I agree there is the fact that when you don't get a reply it's the same as 'not interested message' but saves embarrassment of sending such a note.
Hopefully this will give some of you that chance of messaging back saying "Hi, yes actually we'd love to talk and possibly meet".
It very true for alot of us i have to say but I genuinely start my first hello by "I am dropping by to hi hope you well and how has your day been" it a start

D

Deleted member 3411

It very true for alot of us i have to say but I genuinely start my first hello by "I am dropping by to hi hope you well and how has your day been" it a start
Is always a good line to start with, and also I admit one 'failing' with my idea is that you are publishing your interest for all to see, but that CAN be useful too as you'll get seen as looking and indeed 'up for it' (there are some here I guess who like the banter but if truth is told don't want to actually play).
If others DO post here we'll add out @s

L

louise1970

Is always a good line to start with, and also I admit one 'failing' with my idea is that you are publishing your interest for all to see, but that CAN be useful too as you'll get seen as looking and indeed 'up for it' (there are some here I guess who like the banter but if truth is told don't want to actually play).
If others DO post here we'll add out @s
I agree but I am funny witty and have alot of banter on here but that doesn't genuinely show the person you get to meet in person I have to say ☺

M

meet_the_fockers

Good thread guys much luck! Sometimes people wear their heart on their sleeves..
Me im the biggest flirt ever.. but this doesnt always indicate, we would like to meet the people i flirt with..
I'm drawn to quick witted people.. and feed off banter..
I don't have many qualms about letting those i'm interested in, know it...
Although.. i do have a lot of banter on here.. its usually quite clear if someone is interested... then i will usually throw some random message their way.. this is rare.
I very rarely chat.. i prefer to be in the forums around, the rebels. Guess for me theres the "saftey in numbers" aspect..
Confused yes me too... :D

L

louise1970

Good thread guys much luck! Sometimes people wear their heart on their sleeves..
Me im the biggest flirt ever.. but this doesnt always indicate, we would like to meet the people i flirt with..
I'm drawn to quick witted people.. and feed of banter..
Although.. i do have a lot of banter on here.. its usually quite clear if someone is interested... then i will usually throw some random message their way.. this is rare.
I very rarely chat.. i prefer to be in the forums around, the rebels. Guess for me theres the "saftey in numbers" aspect..
Your who you are and from a personal view I have to say I like your banter @meet_the_fockers

Reactions: Admin
B

Balls&Boobs

In the past we have had the issue that has given to the phrase "once bitten twice shy". We know we are not amazing looking with the best body shape. It is a shame that some can not see past that to actually get to know us. We normally start off now with and Hi and ask how they are or make a nice comment about their profile. Location can sometimes be an issue but always happy to befriend couples and ladies online and are always happy to follow when we are followed. So yes Hi we are Richard and Sarah x

L

louise1970

In the past we have had the issue that has given to the phrase "once bitten twice shy". We know we are not amazing looking with the best body shape. It is a shame that some can not see past that to actually get to know us. We normally start off now with and Hi and ask how they are or make a nice comment about their profile. Location can sometimes be an issue but always happy to befriend couples and ladies online and are always happy to follow when we are followed. So yes Hi we are Richard and Sarah x
Well go to you both and on a personal note looks are and how you looks are irrelevant if you got a great personality with and banter that is a start ☺

D

Deleted member 3657

I am still in my eyes quite new here. But my experience has been of getting involved in the forums, look at the New Posts section and read. Find that common thought and drop a comment and join in. Before long you will get a message pop up, or the other way round. Because just from the little messages on posts and forums, you get a feel for someone. That ice has already been broken and you already begin to know if you "fancy" the other couple or whoever.
You may ask being so new how would I know? I would agree with you however, I say this because that is exactly what has happened to me this past week and a bit. I have been contacted, my followers has increased and I have had some wonderful messages from singles and couples that I quite fancy also.
But I do like your idea here though. For those slightly shy. (y)

Reactions: Deleted member 3411
M

MickeyBlueBalls

I'm drawn to quick witted people.. and feed off banter..
Jezabelle!! :rofl:

B

Bump-n-Grind

I'm not attempting to publicise our social (held at Chameleons Darlaston 18th of November, see thread for details :whistle:;):D) but when a Social is organised on here hopefully people put their names down & see other profiles that they'd like to meet.
What better ice breaker than a chat in the non pressure environment of a club on an organised social, you get a much better idea of people in person too, always remember pictures don't always tell the full story, a lot of people shine so much more in person :)

M

MickeyBlueBalls

I'm not attempting to publicise our social (held at Chameleons Darlaston 18th of November, see thread for details :whistle:;):D) but when a Social is organised on here hopefully people put their names down & see other profiles that they'd like to meet.
What better ice breaker than a chat in the non pressure environment of a club, you get a much better idea of people in person too, always remember pictures don't always tell the full story, a lot of people shine so much more in person :)
Very true.

D

Deleted member 3657

Good lord my list is too long. Probably easier to list those I wouldn't want to meet.......erm,erm hmmmmmm. OK so here's my list of those I wouldn't like to meet:
Erm nope sorry, does this mean I'm a trollop?
Mate, I was called a male slut as a compliment. Casting no aspersions, could that be two of us? lol:D

D

Deleted member 2610

Great thread, as with the other gents my list is short...ops not got one.
I chat with most people and see how it goes from there as 'you get to know' these lovely people.
I enjoy the social side and conversation and chats may never lead to anything else..so what I still have hopefully made another friend/friends (y):sneaky: xxxx

M

MickeyBlueBalls

Good afternoon sir. Me thinks we should start the SG gentleman club on SS, selected members only allowed need apply :)
Well good afternoon to you kind sir. A good idea indeed. You could be like the godfather of the discerning gentleman's club.

M

MickeyBlueBalls

In all seriousness I have to say close your eyes, take the plunge and say hi. No harm no foul. I'd much rather be turned down behind the screen of my phone rather than in person. That's not to say I wouldn't be respectful in either case. And I say to anyone who does like the idea of getting in touch with me just do it and if necessary be blunt. I like straight talk and I'm a really easygoing feller who would give serious consideration to anyone who shows an interest. Looks aren't the be all and end all. It's the overall sexperience that would intrigue me to engage crossed with a hint of friendly flirting, a dash of great conversation and a smattering of raunchiness. The desire will take care of itself thereafter.......:)