The Unknown/ Paranormal

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Not to pooh-pooh your friends or anything and of course with the greatest respects, who am I to say that what you expereince isn't the truth or reality, but that sense of paralysis with heavyness on the chest is you (well not you per se, your friends but you know what I mean) experiencing waking up when your body is going through sleep paralysis.

There's research done on this, when people wake up and they believe to have seen a figure or experienced heavyness, when in fact it's when your body goes through sleep paralysis (the deepest part of sleep) and you wake up but the rest of your body doesn't. Of course this is a very frightening experience, but that's just one of the explanations for it.

I've mentioned before on another thread that I'm a natural empath; naturally I can feel/read people's emotions and take them on as my own. Not good in crowds.

The last time this happened was in my local Sainsbury's a few days before Christmas. I only went in for milk, a tin of beans and bananas, nothing too last minute or 'Christmassy' and I could feel the other customer's heightened sense of panic and rush to get the last bit of shopping for Christmas Day. I felt awful, bogged down, stressed but that was other people's (and I hate to use this word because I am a scientist) energies as they were shopping.

But ghosts? Nay-nay. I haven't experienced anything, I don't believe things like that exist, but if you do, then that's cool.
Interesting ;)

Reactions: Therapon
M

meet_the_fockers

Im a firm believer..
Twice i do believe ive seen a ghost, also smelt one too.. very different.. once when a child.. and another time whilst working in an old nursing home.. on nights..
Unsure whether to tell the stories the latter is pretty long... i shall come back...

24 November 2015
I work in a hotel built in 1861 its been a coach house a brothel a hospital now the hotel, lots of guests swear theyve seen a ghostly figure of a woman walking between rooms at night . I went to one room at a lady's request to witness her slipper stood on end in the middle of the floor nothing and no one near it ,

D

Deleted member 2610

As a young lad we lived in Edinborough for a few years in army married quarters. I used to tell my mum to stop coming in at the middle of the night to kiss me and tuck me in. Mum and dad, told me this when I was a bit older and that they never ever came into my room.
Same house my mum told me that she was cleaning the upstairs windows one day and was sat on the sill and suddenly someone was trying to push her out of the window but she could feel but not see anyone....
Yep I believe there's something there xxxx :0))

Reactions: Pearls and AutumnH
26 July 2016
Growing up ( mum and dad were publicans not alcoholic) we moved from one pub to the next every few years and in most cases there was some type of paranormal activity associated with each one.
By far the most active was the last we lived in where something happened on pretty much a daily basis and started the day we moved in . On quite a few occasions I've seen objects move and once even witnessed a five pound note appear out of thin air before floating to the ground .
On one occasion after closing time I even witnessed a man walk from the front door , across the bar and down a corridor leading towards the toilets , thinking I'd left the door unlocked I chased after him only to find the corridor and both restrooms empty and on checking the frond door was bolted shut .

Reactions: Pearls
M

Max-the-3rd

nope, I am a complete atheist, you live, you die.

the best I can come up with for any movement of your soul after death is the break down and redistribution of your genome into the universe.

then again maybe i am totally wrong and if so the only explanation I could get down with would be Buddhism

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
nope, I am a complete atheist, you live, you die.

the best I can come up with for any movement of your soul after death is the break down and redistribution of your genome into the universe.

then again maybe i am totally wrong and if so the only explanation I could get down with would be Buddhism
You never watched ghost busters did you :rolleyes:

26 July 2016
So what about mediums, do we believe they can talk to the dead?

I think the vast majority are fake , and have been proven to be so , the scouse legend that is Derek Acorah being one of them , but some do seem to be able to pick up on events and names , wether they are talking directly to spirits or some type of mind reading of the person that is in front of them dunno .

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
I think the vast majority are fake , and have been proven to be so , the scouse legend that is Derek Acorah being one of them , but some do seem to be able to pick up on events and names , wether they are talking directly to spirits or some type of mind reading of the person that is in front of them dunno .
:rofl:

M

Max-the-3rd

So what about mediums, do we believe they can talk to the dead?
I believe mediums are very intelligent people wasting there talents for reading facial moment and emotions when it could be put to a much better use.x

M

Max-the-3rd

Holly shit! I swear to god there was 6 Viennese whirls there a minute ago!

Attachments

• WP_20170215_10_41_21_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170215_10_41_21_Pro.jpg
    545.4 KB · Views: 38
26 July 2016
Like all the TV mediums they are making a lot of money from what they do , and there are plenty of ways you can find out about the audience prior to them sitting down and the show starting , and Sally Morgan like most of the others has been linked to faking what she does .

M

Max-the-3rd

I think shes funny :D
certainly entertaining but also maybe a fraudster? yes you are being paid to be entertained which you are if you like that kind of thing (personally I would rather gnaw my own leg off) but if she is just lying through her teeth is that ethical?

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
certainly entertaining but also maybe a fraudster? yes you are being paid to be entertained which you are if you like that kind of thing (personally I would rather gnaw my own leg off) but if she is just lying through her teeth is that ethical?
Probably not but I do think she makes a lot of people happy and safe knowing they're loved ones are still here x

M

Max-the-3rd

Some believe so. They just don't want to let go and will do anything to hang on to something, real or fake, it makes no difference hun x
loved and lost a lot of people. I take solitude that they had good lives (although some way to short) and if they do live on, they live in our memory's and story's.