Usernames, how much thought is needed?

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
21 October 2015
City
Wolverhampton
After a recent thread about people's avatars and what sort of picture you should use for one I was thinking, how much of a first impression does a username give? Myself I use a very simple one. All it does it let someone know who i am and where I'm from. Surely this would be better than something like "bigdick69"? Or maybe a name like that would attract you to look at someone's profile? Thoughts? Haha.

Therapon

Admin
11 August 2015
Some names are definitley better than others and I will admit to ignoring some profile elsewhere purely based on their name. They may have been great people to get to know but that first impression meant I couldn't be bothered to read their profiles. A name that shows some imagination or humour catch the attention and they are the ones I'd look at.

M

meet_the_fockers

Loved the film, plus I've been called a little focker, on more than one occasion :confused: :D
Yes I pay great attention, to usernames I can either be drawn to them, imaginative, mysterious funny gets me everytime! Whereas "sitonmyhardick" really doesn't do it I'm afraid! :D :D

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
After a recent thread about people's avatars and what sort of picture you should use for one I was thinking, how much of a first impression does a username give? Myself I use a very simple one. All it does it let someone know who i am and where I'm from. Surely this would be better than something like "bigdick69"? Or maybe a name like that would attract you to look at someone's profile? Thoughts? Haha.

Indeed, usernames actually say a LOT about someone.. At least I think so. Some are so creative and add some fun to it, whilst others are just meh.
Like "BigLadxxx" as an example. Compared to say erm.. "SlideThemToOneSide" or "We Like To Play" - a total difference.
I think it says a lot about the profiles and the thought that has gone into them too.. :)

R

riccarda

i think usernames always need to reflect you funny, sarcastic whatever they allow you to create a alternative electronic persona that and the same email address gives you a great deal of security well at least more security than you might have while still having fun :)

Reactions: Admin
22 July 2015
Mines pretty simple and a bit eye catching (at least I hope it is) and it suits me. "Drift" because I'm drifting through (but found a place I like) and Wood because "We all like a bit of wood." Lol. 70 being the year I was born. So Driftwood70. Hop on any time :sneaky::D

Reactions: Admin
27 April 2015
I'm always interested in how people choose their names, I could never just go by something unmemorable :lol:
I think in essence we all think the same, however some come across in just the style of the title as not approachable, or seedy, and often judgements made rightly or wrongly, as to the persons character !!! After all they do say first impressions count, and often in Swinging a first impression is the only chance you ever get to move forward !!

Reactions: Admin and Pearls

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
After all they do say first impressions count, and often in Swinging a first impression is the only chance you ever get to move forward !!
Exactly! And this is why it's so important for people to get it right on their profiles!
The right profile pics, right name, right info.. You get one chance mostly. A second chance if lucky or the person is forgiving.
Couldn't agree more.

12 August 2015
City
Liverpool
I use a shortened version of my name. I tend to ignore any that are crude, and have no imagination. Nothing more tun off ish for me is when someone introduces themselves/tells me their online name, and it's something like 'suckmymonsterdick" urgh!

M

meet_the_fockers

Mines pretty simple and a bit eye catching (at least I hope it is) and it suits me. "Drift" because I'm drifting through (but found a place I like) and Wood because "We all like a bit of wood." Lol. 70 being the year I was born. So Driftwood70. Hop on any time :sneaky::D
I always imagine you floating downstream. :D

10 December 2015
City
Barnard Castle
Mine is from 2 charaters out of my fav autors books joined together simple really, Infact all my usernames come from his bookes..haha