What’s The Furthest

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
19 March 2015
You’re prepared to drive/travel for a liaison?
Going on the back of these posts;
What Do You...
What Do You...
Being realistic, what is the most you'd commit to, travelling wise, in order to meet up with someone?
As I posted there, we have done 5+ hours and yeah, was well worth it. :D :sneaky: x

Reactions: MK23
29 August 2019
City
Bromsgrove
I did 3 hours each way last week and it was definitely worthwhile. Think I'd probably draw the line at passports though.

Reactions: Therapon
10 July 2018
What Do You...
What Do You...
Being realistic, what is the most you'd commit to, travelling wise, in order to meet up with someone?
As I posted there, we have done 5+ hours and yeah, was well worth it. :D :sneaky: x
Usual caveats, but back when… and assuming I’m coming back afterwards, a three hour drive was my rule of thumb.

I live in London; Birmingham, yes, Nottingham, yes. Manchester or Leeds, no. If I was staying overnight, or for the weekend, say, however, then anywhere in England.

MP386

MOTM

9 November 2015
Over time I’ve been to Nottingham ,Manchester...also Chester but that was combined with something else... to the East I’ve been to the Norfolk coast towards the south and west ... Portsmouth area twice ..
London is easier by train for me ..
if I can limit driving time to around 2/3 hours one way that works best due to commitments I have here ...
It would depend on the person really but usually it’s a meet somewhere in the middle type scenario...

Therapon

Admin
11 August 2015
The furthest so far was Whitby to the VA via Manchester which took about 6 hours. My usual journey takes about 3½ hours. As @Tiger says for the right people time and distance are the price we need to pay.

Last edited:
9 September 2019
City
Cardiff
What Do You...
What Do You...

If its just a meet up and a general chat then a couple of hours is good for me. Ideally I would try and work out a meet up on the way back from work so the travel time or distance wouldnt matter as i would be in the area anyway or passing by. But I have been known to drive to for more than 25 hours to meet up with someone. I was a dribbling wreck by the time I arrived but they were suitably impressed by my insane commitment to the cause. I wouldn't recommend driving for 25 hours for a meet up. There is a real risk you will fall asleep in your food or worse still, fall asleep while trying to get changed into something more suitable before dinner even begins. You also start to imagine stuff thats not there, like a dog under the table. Or wild animals running around the chairs where you are sat in the restaurant. You also tend to tip your drinks down your front whilst asking the same questions over and over again. And you may forget their name more than once. (Top tip: The emergency manual recommends you ask them how they like to spell their name, it makes them feel exotic apparently) And it can take up to 20 minutes to work out which way to the Gents toilets...even with directions from the hotel staff. I like to message and get in touch with people in advance and try and work as much out as possible before meeting. But if anyone is worth meeting, the travel distance is nothing to me. But obviously a shorter travel distance does have many benefits, Like not arriving looking like a madman and frightening all the other hotel guests.

19 March 2015
If its just a meet up and a general chat then a couple of hours is good for me. Ideally I would try and work out a meet up on the way back from work so the travel time or distance wouldnt matter as i would be in the area anyway or passing by. But I have been known to drive to for more than 25 hours to meet up with someone. I was a dribbling wreck by the time I arrived but they were suitably impressed by my insane commitment to the cause. I wouldn't recommend driving for 25 hours for a meet up. There is a real risk you will fall asleep in your food or worse still, fall asleep while trying to get changed into something more suitable before dinner even begins. You also start to imagine stuff thats not there, like a dog under the table. Or wild animals running around the chairs where you are sat in the restaurant. You also tend to tip your drinks down your front whilst asking the same questions over and over again. And you may forget their name more than once. (Top tip: The emergency manual recommends you ask them how they like to spell their name, it makes them feel exotic apparently) And it can take up to 20 minutes to work out which way to the Gents toilets...even with directions from the hotel staff. I like to message and get in touch with people in advance and try and work as much out as possible before meeting. But if anyone is worth meeting, the travel distance is nothing to me. But obviously a shorter travel distance does have many benefits, Like not arriving looking like a madman and frightening all the other hotel guests.
This sounds like a typical night out for me too :D

W

MOTM

24 October 2018
Did you manage to leave with all your bits intact ??? Lol xx M

W

MOTM

24 October 2018
Did you remember to pick your toothbrush up?? xx M

1 September 2018
City
Cardiff
Our current norm is a 6hour round trip to pick someone up and return home. Then another 6hr trip after a few days to return. Def agreed that distance us not a factor for the right company. I even travel 12hours flying to Thailand once a year just for my massages, we even have an on call Thai masseuse waiting for us teehee. Its not for a holiday it's massage therapy honest. Xx G

D

Deleted member 3175

In all honesty 3/4 hours maximum at the minute as we still have an 11 year old, so it limits us a little bit, but that will change with time S xxxxxxx

D

Deleted member 8095

We've driven 3 1/2hrs and it was well worth it !
We were talking about going as far as Glasgow to enjoy some time with a lady who sadly is no longer on the site, but we'd have made a weekend break of that trip and flown rather than driven lol but I'd say in general 4 hours maximum is realistic.

Reactions: GeoffRy
9 January 2018
City
Norwich
I went to Blackpool (on the train) from London for a meet once as a single bloke. Debs and I have been as far as Blackburn but that as back in the day. Now we prefer to stay closer to home. We are just talking to a guy from Newcastle that may turn into a regular but he travels down here for work every month.

M

Mojomuff

Our current norm is a 6hour round trip to pick someone up and return home. Then another 6hr trip after a few days to return. Def agreed that distance us not a factor for the right company. I even travel 12hours flying to Thailand once a year just for my massages, we even have an on call Thai masseuse waiting for us teehee. Its not for a holiday it's massage therapy honest. Xx G

Sorry? You drove and collected a guy and then dropped him off the next day?!?!
Can I send my address? Wait...I will be the guy waiting at the Tyne & Wear sign on the A1 this friday...you can basically just slow down enough for me to jump in and and out again!!

Reactions: Therapon and Pearls