What's You Favourite Christmas Treat ?

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
M

meet_the_fockers

Christmas Treat..
All the family together, that would be my children.
This will be the first christmas spent away from them this year ever!
Its going to be an odd one indeed.

M

meet_the_fockers

Yep... I find it difficult to support anything which means I have to spend an excess of time round the shops spending money and doing battle with people wandering aimlessly. Then having to feed the five thousand and having to smile and say what a wonderful time I'm having . I would sooner go on holiday and come back when it's over. I will one year....
Id consider you lucky to have the family around.
Bickering families.. noise, mounds of dishes.. yes youre lucky. X

14 February 2017
City
Luton
I'm cautious of Christmas. It's previously been a difficult time for me. I never really enjoyed it, still did everything your supposed to do but didn't get much out of it. Last year was brilliant though. Good company, good food. It's Mr N's birthday shortly after Christmas so double celebrations xx

Reactions: No longer with us
4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
'Cos then the whole frickin' charade is over.

Not a fan of Xmas
I don't mind Xmas in it's place - you get 12 days of it, fair enough - but it's September... I get tired of the constant trickle of Xcitement at what is essentially repeated telly, dry turkey and a festival of consumption dressed up as "giving".

Took my Xmas money last year and told my friends and family that I would make them stuff but otherwise I donated the money to some people I know who bake bread for refugees in Turkey.

Thought that was a better use of the cash than to buy toot for people who have plenty of toot.

It leaves me cold.

5 July 2016
City
Ossett
Oooer only 16weeks left my favourite sweet treat as to be after eights sat watching the repeat films with candles burning and the tree lights twinkling
Miss Legs :eek:

It's a bit early to resurrect the Xmas thread. Since you asked I'll tell you. The funny thing in our house is Kaz and I have to take turns at Xmas cos we both have very different ideas on it. Yep it's true but the kids love it when it's my turn for Xmas.

Kaz likes everything tasteful. A minimal Xmas dressing, just a tree with a themed colour, maybe a Santa sign outside. The tree is tastefully decorated with family crafted baubles handed down her families generations, everyone has their own baubles and stockings. Kaz likes the newer Xmas films.

Me, when it's my turn for Xmas the house literally looks like Xmas has thrown up everywhere. Every room has different coloured tinsels (Kaz can't abide tinsel), the tree has lights, baubles and chocolates, the windows have lights and frosting. Xmas eve I throw down fake snow and leave footprints to the presents. I prefer the older Xmas films, the ones with a bit of magic to them.

We both love taking the kids to see Santa in unusual locations. We've been on the polar express, seen Santa in Ingleborough Caves, seen him in a coal mine, had tea with him in the woods.
We're not keen on shopping centre grotto's and prefer to take the kids on adventures.

Karen's gran (passed away last year) used to adore me. I was her go to odd job man. Possibly it's cos I would just sit and talk to her. Well no-one in our house likes Xmas cake but me, so Karen's Gran used to bake me my very own cake every year but properly and I mean properly. The fruitcake would be left to soak in alcohol for God knows how long, days, weeks? It was the best. I missed that last year :(.

My favourite things are doing things as a family. Board games and the annual cries of "Dad's a cheat, Dad's a cheat" ringing around the house.

My biggest dislike about Xmas is the social pressure on presents. I know people who spend a grand on presents. Our 5 kids alone probably get a grand spent on them all together plus family to buy for. It's a lot of pressure and I bet every year I lose a month's salary to Xmas.

B x

As you can tell from the length of the post, I like Xmas a ickle bit :D

Reactions: Therapon

Vanezza

Stud Muffin
11 May 2017
Miss Legs :eek:

It's a bit early to resurrect the Xmas thread. Since you asked I'll tell you. The funny thing in our house is Kaz and I have to take turns at Xmas cos we both have very different ideas on it. Yep it's true but the kids love it when it's my turn for Xmas.

Kaz likes everything tasteful. A minimal Xmas dressing, just a tree with a themed colour, maybe a Santa sign outside. The tree is tastefully decorated with family crafted baubles handed down her families generations, everyone has their own baubles and stockings. Kaz likes the newer Xmas films.

Me, when it's my turn for Xmas the house literally looks like Xmas has thrown up everywhere. Every room has different coloured tinsels (Kaz can't abide tinsel), the tree has lights, baubles and chocolates, the windows have lights and frosting. Xmas eve I throw down fake snow and leave footprints to the presents. I prefer the older Xmas films, the ones with a bit of magic to them.

We both love taking the kids to see Santa in unusual locations. We've been on the polar express, seen Santa in Ingleborough Caves, seen him in a coal mine, had tea with him in the woods.
We're not keen on shopping centre grotto's and prefer to take the kids on adventures.

Karen's gran (passed away last year) used to adore me. I was her go to odd job man. Possibly it's cos I would just sit and talk to her. Well no-one in our house likes Xmas cake but me, so Karen's Gran used to bake me my very own cake every year but properly and I mean properly. The fruitcake would be left to soak in alcohol for God knows how long, days, weeks? It was the best. I missed that last year :(.

My favourite things are doing things as a family. Board games and the annual cries of "Dad's a cheat, Dad's a cheat" ringing around the house.

My biggest dislike about Xmas is the social pressure on presents. I know people who spend a grand on presents. Our 5 kids alone probably get a grand spent on them all together plus family to buy for. It's a lot of pressure and I bet every year I lose a month's salary to Xmas.

B x

As you can tell from the length of the post, I like Xmas a ickle bit :D
That is so beautiful... Still don't like it :rofl:
Tell you what I will send you a special card this year Mr Criggy :rofl:

N xxx

Reactions: Therapon
19 March 2015
What are yours then?
As some know I am a keen red wine drinker, but I also have another particular tipple and that's malt whisky. So come Christmas I do enjoy a few glasses of malt, has to be Isle of Jura which is my favourite all time whisky, or Glenfiddich ..
Mince pies, extra thick cream.. Has to be done! :love: nom nom

Therapon

Admin
11 August 2015
What are yours then?
As some know I am a keen red wine drinker, but I also have another particular tipple and that's malt whisky. So come Christmas I do enjoy a few glasses of malt, has to be Isle of Jura which is my favourite all time whisky, or Glenfiddich ..

I'm with you on the whisky. I will be taking a trip into Liverpool which has one of those amazing little gems of an independent wine and spirts merchant. If they don't stock it they will order it in for you and they do tasters.

10 July 2018
What are yours then?
Well, I’m a single malt fella myself.

Talisker, Jura or The Balvenie.

Reactions: Deleted member 6485