Where Do You Get Your Confidence From?

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
L

LongHairedSamson80

This post has been an eye opener to read. Alleviating some of my preconceptions I thought I had about the whole swinging scene. I must state that the only reason I've joined Is because of some far fetched hidden fantasies I've always wanted to for-fill but never really had the confidence to follow though with let alone act upon . But reading through this whole thread has really made me think about not being the only one with insecurity's, and maybe just maybe taking a giant leap out of my comfort zone and meeting up at a social event. so I thank you all who have created this thread........

22 October 2017
City
Mansfield
My confidence is rocked,after being diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy and MS.I am hoping it wont "PUT OFF" people we aim to meet,but i am getting stronger every day.xx...Mrs Opium XX

Arb

3 September 2017
City
Oxford
My confidence is rocked,after being diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy and MS.I am hoping it wont "PUT OFF" people we aim to meet,but i am getting stronger every day.xx...Mrs Opium XX

Why should it! None of us are perfect and I’m not without problems, to be honest if people can’t see past it then they are not people I want to meet x

Reactions: opiumpair
D

Deleted member 6684

I am confident in my working role, but I can be very reserved in other areas of my life and new situations.
I tend to people watch until I'm comfortable in new surroundings, and I'm never direct in fear of rejection.
This is probally why I have never attended a social due my own insecurities when I was a SL.
Outwardly others would perceive me as confident but like many others in this thread I need someone to be direct in the way they approach me, as this then eleviates any doubt that the person is interested in getting to know me and spend time with me.
To sum up what makes me confident:
The great people on here, who chat and share their own worries on confidence which In turns reassures me I'm not the only one who worries about this. Cx :love:
For me, it is all about confidence and a blind belief in my own self that if I don't get excited about myself, no else will. Having said that I am very much like Miss C, I sit back take it all in before I jump to a conversation. I am very comfortable with uncomfortable silences and that almost puts me mentally in a stronger state as I know most ppl arent. So I tend to ask a question and let it linger, collect my thought , sip my drink and smile. Everyone thinks I am confident as I am quietly paddling in the inside

D

Deleted member 6684

You will always be a strong woman I got to know early this year.. keep on truckin'

MP386

MOTM

9 November 2015
I am sure nobody would be put off meeting you .. your a very sexy lady ..xx

Reactions: opiumpair
S

Sammy

Hey Mrs O
Just to put your mind at rest and at ease ...You are not the only one on site with healthy issues

There are quite a few
Members are not "put off "
at all

I've spoken to quite a few who Have issues , I have severe nerve damage an on occasions it can really impact on everyday life

we have members from all walks of life with physical disabilities and or mental health issues and people are still able to have lots of fun

If people are "put off " then they are not the people for you
But I think you will find members here are supportive And give lots encouragement

I can't thank staff and members enough for all their help and encouragement and naughtiness over last 18mths
Sx

20 February 2018
City
Derby
Well done to you Mrs O! You have such a positive attitude, it is inspiring. I echo what others have said, if people are 'put off' by things like this, they are not worth meeting. I think a lot of people on here are very understanding.

26 March 2018
City
London
I've found the older I've got, and especially since I hit 50 a couple of years ago, I suddenly stopped worrying about what anyone thought of me, and I certainly wasn't going to worry about a strangers opinion. I also realised that if I wanted to fulfil my fantasies I had to be prepared to get out there and make them happen, as no one else was going to do it for me. And despite dreading it when i turned 40 (all those years ago...) I am loving being in my 50s, so maybe its just getting to a certain age where you truly realise that you've probably got less years in front of you than behind so you try to make them count more.

Having a supportive partner also helps, he's always been there when I've needed a reassuring word, or even a straight talking to when I've needed to give my head a wobble over something silly.

And there is nothing sexier than a woman or man, who oozes a quiet confidence, give me an average looking confident play mate over a aloof gym bunny / adonis any day!

And regarding the smoking shelters, everyone knows all the cool kids smoke :p and it amazing the amount of non-smokers that want to congregate with us (filthy) smokers its always a great place for chatting with new people.

Muse xx

MP386

MOTM

9 November 2015
I've found the older I've got, and especially since I hit 50 a couple of years ago, I suddenly stopped worrying about what anyone thought of me, and I certainly wasn't going to worry about a strangers opinion. I also realised that if I wanted to fulfil my fantasies I had to be prepared to get out there and make them happen, as no one else was going to do it for me. And despite dreading it when i turned 40 (all those years ago...) I am loving being in my 50s, so maybe its just getting to a certain age where you truly realise that you've probably got less years in front of you than behind so you try to make them count more.

Having a supportive partner also helps, he's always been there when I've needed a reassuring word, or even a straight talking to when I've needed to give my head a wobble over something silly.

And there is nothing sexier than a woman or man, who oozes a quiet confidence, give me an average looking confident play mate over a aloof gym bunny / adonis any day!

And regarding the smoking shelters, everyone knows all the cool kids smoke :p and it amazing the amount of non-smokers that want to congregate with us (filthy) smokers its always a great place for chatting with new people.

Muse xx
Ok so I’m not :cool:......:( never smoked never wanted too .... I’d rather have a Jaffa Cake :D wrong thread :rofl:

Reactions: Pearls