Women's Rights?

• Thread starter Tigress
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
  • Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
T

Tigress

I've been wondering why is it socially ok for a woman to slate bald men, overweight men, ginger men or hairy men for example. And, in fact, they are often applauded for doing so.

Imagine it the other way round...

"Oh I only go with much much younger girls. Older women are dried up crones"

"It's disgusting when women have short hair. Just not ladylike at all"

"If a woman has a roll of fat around her belly, I won't give her a second look"

"Fake tits are disgusting"

Vanezza

Stud Muffin
11 May 2017
I always go along the lines of always treat people how you would like to be treated yourself, I have been on the receiving end of some vicious comments walking down the street minding my own business from people shouting from cars. So no why do women feel it is acceptable to slate a man for being bald, fat, ginger etc we all have feelings and they get hurt a man is no different they feel hurt too.

Reactions: Therapon
Lovernotfighter

MOTM

3 February 2016
City
York
I've been wondering why is it socially ok for a woman to slate bald men, overweight men, ginger men or hairy men for example. And, in fact, they are often applauded for doing so.

I don't know why but it's wrong that one the same behavior in one sex is acceptable and the other it's not.

D

Deleted member 1030

I think there is probably a very sound sociological reason for it. Women have been treated very badly, by a patriarchal society, for hundreds of years and have certainly not been allowed to criticise men up until really very recently, historically speaking. Therefore, there is probably a sense of 'striking back' or maybe a show of strength, an establishing of new ground or whatever (the 'ladette', the strong female, the independent woman are relatively modern concepts, for example).

It doesn't necessarily make it right - and it certainly doesn't mean it's less hurtful - but there are reasons behind it, I guess :)

T

Tigress

I think there is probably a very sound sociological reason for it. Women have been treated very badly, by a patriarchal society, for hundreds of years and have certainly not been allowed to criticise men up until really very recently, historically speaking. Therefore, there is probably a sense of 'striking back' or maybe a show of strength, an establishing of new ground or whatever (the 'ladette', the strong female, the independent woman are relatively modern concepts, for example).

It doesn't necessarily make it right - and it certainly doesn't mean it's less hurtful - but there are reasons behind it, I guess :)
I agree. However having worked in secondary schools recently and with three teenage boys of my own, I have noticed that boys are becoming less confident than girls and starting to develop body issues.

Perhaps the pendulum has swung to far and it's time for something to be done or said to address it.

D

Deleted member 1030

I agree. However having worked in secondary schools recently and with three teenage boys of my own, I have noticed that boys are becoming less confident than girls and starting to develop body issues.

Perhaps the pendulum has swung to far and it's time for something to be done or said to address it.
I don't know if I'd say that it has gone too far the other way, but I would certainly agree that times are rapidly changing and that maybe our society hasn't addressed some of the attendant issues. I think boys are becoming more aware of their health and their appearance etc. (in addition the changing role/position of women), globalisation and the internet make it easier to see what worldwide expectations are - and, quite often, those expectations are as unrealistic for boys as they always have been for girls.

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Interesting Tiger, look from my experience a lot of women are bitches, women think they can get away with so much, sad really. This is why I am one of the first to defend single guys here, even if people write the dreaded.. "single guys if we want you we'll find you speach" I hate it, how rude, no bugger would come find me if I were a guy, I'd tell you to jog on pal... Women just think they are superior. Wrong, we are all equal ;)

28 December 2016
City
Leicester
A personal bug bear of mine. I believe whole heartedly in equality to include....
Sex, size, race, religion, colour, creed and every other instance that's deemed to be a difference by some.
I live my life by the moto mentioned above 'Treat others how you wish to be treated yourself' and you know what I have learnt in my 42 years of life... many, many people do not live their life that way.
People argue for equality and then they argue why they should have something that someone else shouldn't or they have a right to criticise but others dare not speak such ills of them and many, many other things that they are guilty of themselves which they accuse others of.
I don't think there is an answer, in the end nature dictates survival if the fitest and I don't think modern society will change that. I think of late the pc brigade and what is politically right and wrong has just gone completely haywire, I really feel for the younger generations it must be so confusing for them now receiving so many mixed signals.
I mean for example as a male do you open a door for a female and be polite or should you wait and let her be independent? I would hold the door for the person behind me irrelevant of sex but now there are many women out there that get offended. Then if you don't do it you're accused of having no manners. No matter what you do someone will always deem it to be wrong.
We each choose how we live our life and what makes us as individuals happy and I think that's all we can do as long as we treat others with respect and dignity.

Reactions: Therapon
N

No longer with us

I've been wondering why is it socially ok for a woman to slate bald men,
Are you saying it's wrong for me to sing to Mr H
Baldy baldy over there
What's it like to have no hair
Is it hot or is it cold
What's it like to be bald
:eek::eek::eek:

M

Mel007

Of course its not correct to slate men in anyway.. We are all individuals and if you spend time to get to know each other rather than judging via looks or social class colour or religion, then prejudices melt away and you see the person not the stereotype. Personally I find some women are quick and willing to judge and criticise other women as well as men. Jealousy is something that can be very corrosive. If you are a woman who ozzes sex.. as Mr B would say.. then believe me you will never fit in to the main stream set cos you represent a threat to the comfortable lives of Women who are happy to have sex once a month with their partners ..if they are lucky. So we should be ourselves and respect each other. Respect is key here I think.

Reactions: Baldrick
5 July 2016
City
Ossett
Good thread @Tigress
All in all we've enjoyed reading the posts, very interesting perspectives.

I wish we had something insightful to say.
Kaz just thinks things are probably more equal now. Women judge men. Men judge women.
I couldn't give a monkeys chuff what people think of me, it's no skin off my nose.

Personally I tend to observe people before deciding if I wish to interact with them and on what level. Sex, race, religion, sexual orientation etc doesn't come into it for me. If you are rude I would be rude back. If you are friendly I would be friendly.

BNK
X

14 February 2017
City
Welwyn Garden City

Spot on xx Very thought provoking thread @Tigress xx

D

Deleted member 3411

What a great thread. As a guy (Ste talking obviously) I've spent many a time being criticised and accused. Being male, tall, slim, white, middle class I am labelled as 'the baddie' and 'the one who gets it all his own way', far from it. In an effort to redress the balance I often see how others get help or assistance that I'm not able to get when I need it. Now it is true that life is not as hard for me as it is for some, but I do cringe a bit when my own status is thrown as a sort of accusation of wrong doing or reason for being left out.
No one should bad mouth anyone. Often people jump to conclusions, and when I stood up and defended my position I was just ridiculed as yet another male chauvinist racist tw#t.... funny that as in the past I ordered posters removed in the workshop because they were nude women images, and I have dated black women, and have members of family who dated Asian, or are married to both Black and Creole ladies...Now I'm married to the lovely Linda, Brazilian... I'm over 50 and do sigh a little when I'm told my age is a put off. Yes true your wish and like is your right, but I've been rebuffed in the past as if over 50 made me a different species or sort of criminal. To illustrate I'll just add a past exchange in a dating site I was in:-
Site throws up a profile of very pretty young woman who's just looked at my profile. I view hers to see who she is. She's far too young. I get a message. "Who are you"? So I replied "I'm Steve, but i think I'm far too old for you". Reply...."Too f#### right you're too old you sick ped#". Sadly I think we've made people judge more these days not made them more tolerant :(

D

Deleted member 1030

I do understand Ste @SteLinda that, as a white male, you have been oppressed for hundreds of years :rolleyes: you must be getting pretty fed up of it!
Look, first of all, equality does not mean treating everyone the same. There is a huge balance to be redressed - women have been very badly treated for a very long time (as have people of colour, LBGTQ folks etc.). I don't mean they're bored of having doors held open for them, or sick of being called 'luv' or 'darling' - a quick dip into history will show you that it has been far more pernicious than that; forced sex, subjected to extreme violence, mental cruelty, incarceration, being considered a possession by law..... and the scary thing is, I could continue with that list for quite a while and point to current examples. Now, in very recent times, that way of thinking has started to die out, but we are a long way from true female equality - the pay gap between men and women still exists, for example, as do other workplace inequalities. In this day and age. I find that simply incredible - it would take a braver and more idiotic man than me to say that women do less work than men or that the work they do is, somehow, less worthwhile.
Getting rid of page 3 girls pinned up in the workplace is a small step forward - but, yes, it is a step forward. Whinging about it shows that we still have a long way to go.

You seem to be saying that, because one young girl was rude to you, that that somehow negates any equality claims - is it across the board on dating sites? Are all young girls rude to you, when you view their profiles? Is the age significant to your argument or just to that particular example? Have you never had an older woman or even a man being rude to you? Your logic doesn't seem to be very scientific.

Are you really always labelled as 'the baddie'? I must admit, I don't often see people discriminated against for being a white male (no matter how slim). We do get accusations thrown at us, as 'groups' of people, usually by the media (apparently, as white working-class, I'm responsible for Brexit, a Tory government and obesity - but as a namby pamby soft Southerner from that London, I'm also a liberal elitist and an enemy of the people. Go figure), but that doesn't mean we can negate women's rights just because someone was a bit mean to us.

D

Deleted member 3411

@meandlis . No not saying I've been treated bad thst often and I agree equality is a long way from being sorted. I guess my 'gripe' is with the idea that I deserve bad attitude from the ones who have or who's ancestors have suffered, strangely I'm not personally responsible for slavery in the 1800s or the oppression of human rights in Edwardian times. As for that rant I mentioned above? No not all, but there has been others. How about.... went into my local council swimming baths to ask about opening times. Disapproving woman behind the desk snarls back "We let men in from 7 to 8 am, you aren't allowed any other times as we have children here you know". As for 'Possitive discimination", is it right to turn away a white worker and only hire black? Some may see thus as a good thing, I just think we should hire people and it never occur to us who or what they are other than if they are suitable for the job.

D

Deleted member 3411

Oh! Would like to say.... I am aware though that as said Single, white, middle aged guy I get very little in the way of hassle compared, I champion equality in all measures which is why I chipped in here. Tiger is commenting is it right to have women turn the tables...no I don't think it is, abuse, being derogatory or discrimination are by their own acts wrong no matter who directed at.

D

Deleted member 1030

I guess my 'gripe' is with the idea that I deserve bad attitude
As far as I'm aware, you don't deserve a bad attitude from anyone. However, once again, is it fair to tar all women with the same brush (let's keep it gender-based) because one girl called you names, based on your age?
went into my local council swimming baths to ask about opening times. Disapproving woman behind the desk snarls back "We let men in from 7 to 8 am, you aren't allowed any other times as we have children here you know"
I suspect you've misunderstood. I'm sure the local pool is not in a financial position to turn away male swimmers for 90% of it's opening hours.
As for 'Possitive discimination", is it right to turn away a white worker and only hire black? Some may see thus as a good thing, I just think we should hire people and it never occur to us who or what they are other than if they are suitable for the job.
Again, let's keep it gender-based and on-topic. Men have consistently higher employment rates than women. More men tend to work in the professional occupations, associated with higher levels of pay, than women. Female graduates more likely to work in a slightly lower skilled occupation group than men. Men make up the majority of workers in the top 10% of earners. So, you're right, it would be nice to see people hired on the basis of how well they can do the job, rather than which reproductive organs they have. Until this happens, though, we're just going to have to put up with positive discrimination.
abuse, being derogatory or discrimination are by their own acts wrong no matter who directed at.
Absolutely, 100% (y) We should all be nicer to each other. That's an argument I can get down with :)

T

The_Bibas

I haven't experienced this being honest.
I often hear men say exactly that.. Probably doesn't help that all our staff are men I guess... Look at the state of that..
Wouldn't touch it with yours
Wouldn't be seen dead with that..

I hear this every single day..
XxxBibaxxX

T

Tigress

I often hear men say exactly that.. Probably doesn't help that all our staff are men I guess... Look at the state of that..

XxxBibaxxX
Goodness, where do you work? Thankfully I haven't heard anything like that (and I'm a builder)

T

Tigress

XxxBibaxxX
And perhaps take a look at some of your media?

Reactions: Pearls