A Music Thread....

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
PS the lyrics are quite offensive in that last song, apologies in advance to
Pantera, first band I saw live
They were supposed to be awesome live..
Mine was err... Wishbone Ash I think?
Iron Maiden, M/head, Marilyn Manson << amazing live!!, Anthrax... just a load but not too many really. Wish I'd seen more of the older great bands really.

Reactions: Pearls

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Always thought this track would make a good stripper track
Yes a fantastic track! strip track ha! brilliant..
I must confess, I am a huge MM fan.. not just the kiddie goth side of it either, their earlier stuff is so deep. Love it.

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
@Kwaka_Rider I am so frustrated mate. It's Kaiowas live acoustic set in the early 90's am sure it was Sao Paulo but unsure.. Anyway I cannot find it, and it's one of the best they did. I had it on vinyl and VHS...
Here is the actual tune and if you notice it's more acoustic than electric metal.
Sorry my friend, have looked for ages now and no luck so far.. (n)

Enjoy.

I found this..

25 July 2016
City
Tamworth
Only just came across this thread, and boy do we all have very different tastes in music.
Myself (Mr Brum), I have a very varied taste in music. There many forms I can't stand, but that's my tastes and it is each to their own. Life would be boring if we all liked the same music.
In my early days I was a big heavy metal fan, then in my teens I went weird as my dad said. In to groups like Echo & the bunny men, Marc Almond etc. But my tastes run from early blues, big band swing, jazz, funk,soul , hip hop, electro, and house music.
Having been a successful club DJ back in the late 90s I made a name for myself around Birmingham playing Funk and scratch sets and played along side some great dj's. Loved playing funky deep house sets on a Saturday night.

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Only just came across this thread, and boy do we all have very different tastes in music.
Myself (Mr Brum), I have a very varied taste in music. There many forms I can't stand, but that's my tastes and it is each to their own. Life would be boring if we all liked the same music.
In my early days I was a big heavy metal fan, then in my teens I went weird as my dad said. In to groups like Echo & the bunny men, Marc Almond etc. But my tastes run from early blues, big band swing, jazz, funk,soul , hip hop, electro, and house music.
Having been a successful club DJ back in the late 90s I made a name for myself around Birmingham playing Funk and scratch sets and played along side some great dj's. Loved playing funky deep house sets on a Saturday night.
Sounds akin to me and my tastes somewhat..
Man do I have some funky deep house sets here from a mate of mine from the London DJ circuit.
Interesting... (y)

Reactions: Brumcouple2013

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
The only thing with this thread, is YT is notorious for slowing down pages.. I know of a hack to make it quicker, I should look into it.

Anyway I think @Kwaka_Rider & @Brumcouple2013 you should check this out when you have a free hour for music. It's epic and from one of the channels I sub to;

D

Deleted member 3657

My music tastes changed massively over the years. Growing up in the early 80s I was in to rap like Grand Master Flash and the Furious Five, Captain Rock, Knights of the Turntable....so many to name. Then two songs struck me as different, one was Walk This Way with Run DMC and Aerosmith. I really liked how the guitar sounded. I had heard Rock and Metal but it never did anything. But then I heard Public Enemy and Anthrax Bring the Noise then WOW, that thrash guitar in the background really caught me. My mate was in to Iron Maiden so gave them a listen and suddenly fell in love with Somewhere in Time album. But the song that all of a sudden gripped me was Metallica's "Seek and Destroy" and that just took me on a metal journey. Surprisingly it was my love of metal that got me in to Classical music. I listen to classical and I can hear that some of it was metal of it's day. But now I really am in thrash metal. Heavy Heavy Heavy

Reactions: Deleted member 1030

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
My music tastes changed massively over the years. Growing up in the early 80s I was in to rap like Grand Master Flash and the Furious Five, Captain Rock, Knights of the Turntable....so many to name. Then two songs struck me as different, one was Walk This Way with Run DMC and Aerosmith. I really liked how the guitar sounded. I had heard Rock and Metal but it never did anything. But then I heard Public Enemy and Anthrax Bring the Noise then WOW, that thrash guitar in the background really caught me. My mate was in to Iron Maiden so gave them a listen and suddenly fell in love with Somewhere in Time album. But the song that all of a sudden gripped me was Metallica's "Seek and Destroy" and that just took me on a metal journey. Surprisingly it was my love of metal that got me in to Classical music. I listen to classical and I can hear that some of it was metal of it's day. But now I really am in thrash metal. Heavy Heavy Heavy
Thank you for sharing that with us all. Seems a very similar kind of thing going on here. I will expand on mine too so you get the gist but on my personal account. ;)
Thank you for sharing that though. Insightful indeed (y)

Reactions: Deleted member 3657
D

Deleted member 3657

I always felt there was a connection between Classical and Metal. Did you know that Gustav Holst's "Mars" from the planet suite was the inspiration of the opening notes Black Sabbath's "Black Sabbath"?

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Wow, great track! This is a great music thread :D
It really is an epic thread, with some amazing tunes! But I need to do some hacking to speed up the YT embeds. :)
I always felt there was a connection between Classical and Metal. Did you know that Gustav Holst's "Mars" from the planet suite was the inspiration of the opening notes Black Sabbath's "Black Sabbath"?
I didn't know that, but I do agree with the connection between classical and metal. I love the 60's/70's supergroup thing with orchestras such as Uriah Heep - Salisbury. A superb smash of an album, and rock meets classical orchestral music.
Amazing.

D

Deleted member 3657

Proof I think that there is a connection. These two are nothing short of incredible.

25 July 2016
City
Tamworth
Sounds akin to me and my tastes somewhat..
Man do I have some funky deep house sets here from a mate of mine from the London DJ circuit.
Interesting... (y)

You want to see my vinyl collection. still have my decks set up with a mixer in the lounge.