A Music Thread....

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
L

Lovers_For_Life

Inspired by some tickets (*) arriving i the post, how about a Music Thread.....?

What is Underground House...? Can anyone explain....? (Such as @Phukt )
Prog Rock - yay - love it or hate it..? (Its OK now to admin to liking Prog now isnt it...?)
Or does Punk rool...? Ambient, or World Music maybe - bit of Enya perhaps, or the Afro Celts...?
I was told that Jazz Rock was just a no-no, for... erm... (lets say there was no consistent rhythm...)
Or Classic Rock perhaps - Zepp, Floyd, etc

All tastes accepted here....

I from I&L xx

(* - for Rick Wakeman.....!!)

Reactions: Pearls

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
See you write this, and I have long discussed with @Pearls about a music thread, but wasn't sure...

Underground house and acid is epic stuff. It's dance/trance hardcore and house, mixed up mashed up and set to smooth tracks which make you want to dance hardstylie
I *love* Prog Rock. By all accounts it's finally been given it's own chart listings too - about time tbh!!
Cream, Floyd, Uriah Heep, Deep Purple.. Oh yes man right up my alley.!

I love most music, play some instruments too. Love dance, trance, rock, metal, classic.. Only kind of music I really do not like is chart music. Teeny bopper stuff..
yuk :sick:

Last edited:
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Im a big kate Bush fan but also love all music from the Doors to Pink Floyd to Pavarotti , Blondie the queen of rock, Queen to George michael, way too many to mention xxx

I miss Amy Winehouse she was incredible, with a true talent...Not as good as me though xx

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Lovers_For_Life

Umm... Dougnuts.... Were they a 60's group...? Dont like them..... :unsure:

Underground House is... Trance..? Hardcore..? House..? Err, what are they, please...? Name a few groups I might have heard of, or that I can YouTube..... Massive Attack...? Heard of them (Robert Plant got his keyboard player from them....!).

Prog - you have have a Doughnut on me, Mr @Admin !! Not sure about Heep...? But the others are deff OK....!! Early Genesis, some Yes, Greenslade....?

Instruments.... mmmm.. Very bad Guitarist here..... Must practice more......:whistle:

Kate Bush.... :love::love::love: Same age as me...... Bit nutty though.... Try Tori Amos, if you like KT - think Tori would be more fun.....;)

Queen..... :D:D:D Lady L & I went to the same 2 early Queen concerts, but didn't know it........ The Shear Heart Attack & Night At The Opera tours. Some of Queen II is still revered by the Heavy Metal fans - March of The Black Queen.....(y)(y)(y)

So, its Rick Wakeman for us, next week, then.... King Crimson the week after.......!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Reactions: Admin and Pearls

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Underground house, a pretty good example as it has smooth basslines, and upbeats;
Although I prefer darker house/hardcore.

Ahh Uriah Heep Salisbury. If you have a good stereo syste, surround sound etc on PC I highly recommend this!!
My personal favourite of theirs is - Gypsy from Live '73 album which I have of course; (please - if you listen to it, turn it up LOUD and crank that bass up!! this really gets me in the mood (to drum/bass etc)- an epic track indeed)

yeah we both love Kate Bush, she is phenomenal.. :love:
Ahh Queen Sheer heart attack and Night at the opera are amazing.
Innuendo being my personal favourite... With this nailing it for me; I'm going slightly mad
And

As with Mrs A, I just have soo many likes. Music is just in me, know what I mean?
(y) x

L

Lovers_For_Life

Live.... OK, so I started with Queen - front row seat, at my first ever concert. Nearly drowned in dry ice, with Freddie Mercury about 20 feet in front of me and Brian May on my right. Difficult to top that. But Pink Floyd did though - The Wall live (twice) - awesome sound. Never got to see Zepp live.... :(:(:( But... I did see Page & Plant (twice) - pretty close.... :)

Looking forward to seeing Rick - one of my 70's heroes that I haven't seen. Then Robert Fripp, with the current Crimbo line up, including Tony Levin..... Possibly the most awesome bass player on the planet.....:)

L

Lovers_For_Life

Eye Thang Yew.... (bows courteously...)
Not yer average Queen tracks....
Had not seen the KYA vid before. Looks like a late 70's live bit of vid, cut to fit the 73 studio track - ??
The AOBTD bass line is classic. Yes, it does sound like Chic - but then John Deacon did spend some time with Bernard Edwards. Mr M Jackson was also apparently impressed by Queenies efforts....!! There was something he did with Fred, I think...?
TSMGO is my fave Innuendo track - On With The Show... :cry::cry::cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Lovers_For_Life

Ok, so now try this - King Crimson - Sleepless - Dance Mix
(the Bass is played by Tony Levin)

Its Prog Rock, Jim... But not as we know it.....

D

Deleted member 1030

Loving the Furniture track, Riccarda!
Also loving all the the love for Prog :)
As for our musical tastes, I like good music, Lis likes bloody awful stuff :lol:

Reactions: Admin and Pearls
L

Lovers_For_Life

Another great bit of proper Prog....
Genesis, with Peter Gabriel & Steve Hackett: The Musical Box -
Gotta love Belgian TV for this.....;)

Reactions: Admin