Bullying

• Thread starter No longer with us
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
  • Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
N

No longer with us

Is anyone else disturbed by the bullying storyline in Eastenders ?
Last nights episode hit a whole new low and the show has claimed fans were switching channels because it was too difficult to watch.
I was in tears because the episode was so heart wrenching to watch !!!
What are your views on bullying in general?

B

Bump-n-Grind

I don't watch Eastenders so I'm not au fait with the storyline but as far as bullying is concerned is unacceptable in any forms.
Unfortunately there's so many mediums & ways to do it these days. Its a terrible thing to witness especially when it's played off as "banter".
I feel sorry for the victims of bullying but I pity the bullies themselves & their sad existence

E

Emmal

It was so gutting to watch and to have it now done in the comfort of her own room. Sad but these story lines need to be shown just to try and help one person. Sad that her friend is to scared to stand up to them to probably through fear of the same. X

25 July 2016
I personally cant stand bullying and I do my best to stop other people being bullied been in a few scrapes over it but its worth it in the end in my opinion

E

Emmal

This ^^^
I've actually seen someone on Twitter try to pass an obvious rape threat off as "bantz" :mad:

This makes me so sick, if their mother, sister, daughter or male equivalents was ever treated in this way they would be gutted...why can't others just think we're all human.

S

Sammy

Is anyone else disturbed by the bullying storyline in Eastenders ?
Last nights episode hit a whole new low and the show has claimed fans were switching channels because it was too difficult to watch.
I was in tears because the episode was so heart wrenching to watch !!!
What are your views on bullying in general?

I watched last night and it saddens me to say this a true depiction of what is happening across UK and Ireland with our teens and lets be honest is workplaces and groups too

Unfortunately bullying has escalated over the last number of years with introduction of social media

There's no hiding from it
i have worked with vulnerable children and young people for numerous years

Only 6 moths ago one of my work teenagers was held by a group while a teenage threatened to out a Canaster of petrol over him and set fire

One young girl was terrible bullied after she had been filmed secretly by a boy as she performed oral and video went viral , they said of she didn't perform oral sex on 10 boys they would send it to her folks .... course you know what she did

The emotional damage and often physical is horrendous

It everywhere I'm saddened to say there's not a community that's isn't dealing with this issue

Reactions: Pearls
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Bullying is very personal to me, I was bullied at school for being tall of all things, to the point where I had eggs chucked at me amongst other things, I was young when it started and wasn't short like the rest of the class, it got so bad one day that the fear caused me to wet myself in front of these bullies, after that and the embarrassment that I felt, I knew it had to stop, everyday these bullies would take my dinner money, nobody ever asked why I never ate, I just hid it but this particular day when they asked me for my money, I stood up straight and told them firmly NO. The teachers were there in the yard and I remember looking over at them as if I was going to get in trouble but not the case, the bullies asked again, I said NO, I told them if they wanted my money then they would have to get it, the teachers carried on looking and the bullies stood down, I smiled and walked away, the teacher approached me and said good for you. They never bothered me again.

Bullies are weak, they have nothing in their lives but unhappiness and a future of emptiness.
I stood up to bullies and had a good time in school after that but for those few years it was the most unhappiest I have ever had and something I will never forget.

Some people who suffer at mindless vile beings such as these are not so lucky.

Reactions: JDMikey
N

No longer with us

Bullying is very personal to me, I was bullied at school for being tall of all things, to the point where I had eggs chucked at me amongst other things, I was young when it started and wasn't short like the rest of the class, it got so bad one day that the fear caused me to wet myself in front of these bullies, after that and the embarrassment that I felt, I knew it had to stop, everyday these bullies would take my dinner money, nobody ever asked why I never ate, I just hid it but this particular day when they asked me for my money, I stood up straight and told them firmly NO. The teachers were there in the yard and I remember looking over at them as if I was going to get in trouble but not the case, the bullies asked again, I said NO, I told them if they wanted my money then they would have to get it, the teachers carried on looking and the bullies stood down, I smiled and walked away, the teacher approached me and said good for you. They never bothered me again.

Bullies are weak, they have nothing in their lives but unhappiness and a future of emptiness.
I stood up to bullies and had a good time in school after that but for those few years it was the most unhappiest I have ever had and something I will never forget.

Thank you for sharing that with us :love:

E

Emmal

Good for you for finding the courage to stand up for yourself xx

Reactions: Sammy and Pearls
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
It's something I wouldn't normally share but I guess it's made me who I am today, perhaps too soft at times but I always see the best in everything and am so grateful for what I have, there are people out there that don't get out of a situation like this and it can end badly x

Reactions: Sammy
D

Deleted member 1030

I had a short time of being bullied, in school. A lad in my year used to walk home behind me, thumping me in the back of the head, bragging to all his little hangers-on that he was making me cry (he bloody was, too). It went on for weeks before I snapped one day and turned round to him and asked him for a straight out fight, as my mum had said that all bullies are cowards. He hesitated, so I punched him in the face.

He then proceeded to batter seven shades of proverbial out of me.

But he never did it again.

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
I had a short time of being bullied, in school. A lad in my year used to walk home behind me, thumping me in the back of the head, bragging to all his little hangers-on that he was making me cry (he bloody was, too). It went on for weeks before I snapped one day and turned round to him and asked him for a straight out fight, as my mum had said that all bullies are cowards. He hesitated, so I punched him in the face.

He then proceeded to batter seven shades of proverbial out of me.

But he never did it again.
(y):love:

26 July 2016
City
Bolton
Even as a kid I could not stand bullies (I got bullied hell of a lot by my older brother) I was a bit of a fighter in school and used to help kids that got bullied by telling them to stay close so the bully would not dare come near them. 1 rather short skinny lad was getting bullied a lot and I got in a fair few fights defending him over that year. 20 some years later a man mountain tapped my on the shoulder and asked if I was called Steve and then proceeded to tell everyone I used to protect him in school everyone thought this very funny as he was twice my size and built like a brick out house.
Only 3 weeks ago a so called friend and work collegue tried to bully 1 of the new girls as she has a rather bad squint by calling her Clarence (crossed eyed lion if your old enough) before I could think I had told her off and said your hardly perfect yourself and now many of her former friends are giving her the cold shoulder. I am far from perfect myself (of course its only my modesty that prevents me from telling you how perfect) but I will not have anyone being picked on whilst I am around and being a bloke that calls a spade a shovel always helps.

Reactions: Pearls and Sammy
S

Sammy

Even as a kid I could not stand bullies (I got bullied hell of a lot by my older brother) I was a bit of a fighter in school and used to help kids that got bullied by telling them to stay close so the bully would not dare come near them. 1 rather short skinny lad was getting bullied a lot and I got in a fair few fights defending him over that year. 20 some years later a man mountain tapped my on the shoulder and asked if I was called Steve and then proceeded to tell everyone I used to protect him in school everyone thought this very funny as he was twice my size and built like a brick out house.
Only 3 weeks ago a so called friend and work collegue tried to bully 1 of the new girls as she has a rather bad squint by calling her Clarence (crossed eyed lion if your old enough) before I could think I had told her off and said your hardly perfect yourself and now many of her former friends are giving her the cold shoulder. I am far from perfect myself (of course its only my modesty that prevents me from telling you how perfect) but I will not have anyone being picked on whilst I am around and being a bloke that calls a spade a shovel always helps.

Hats off to you Bolton
I am that person too
I'm fraid my tongue goes into overdrive and watch out

It's terrible even in a work place this kinda things happen and eve. Worse people accept it

Course it's even worse on some internet sites ... recently just on a site and someone thought it would be funny to pick on young girl with disabilities
Course no moderation. No protection , So sammy strikes again

So glad to see that kind of thing doesn't happen here

24 November 2015
As a child I was bullied because I couldn't read or write till I was 11 and finally settled in a loving home, id cry myself to sleep each night through the taunts of others till I sat one day and talked to a teacher at school I rallied myself ,immersed myself in books , night school help from anywhere I could get it and left school with A levels at the age of 16 , I a bore bully,s and have no qualms about stepping in to help anyone I see being picked whether in the street, work or just in general

Reactions: Pearls
D

Deleted member 1030

So glad to see that kind of thing doesn't happen here
No, it doesn't - and if anyone feels uncomfortable by anything that is said or done around here, report it to a member of staff. We will deal with it, with all the seriousness it merits.

Reactions: Sammy
24 November 2015
Our son was suspended from school for stepping in and stopping a bully from tormenting a small lad
Our son gave him two black eyes :eek:
The headmaster said he would leave the punishment up to us so we brought him a new computer game :whistle:
My daughter did similar and was classed as a bully by the headmaster for sticking up for someone who was vulnerable

S

Sammy

Our son was suspended from school for stepping in and stopping a bully from tormenting a small lad
The headmaster said he would leave the punishment up to us so we brought him a new computer game :whistle:

That's shocking
I'm hearing more and more of this on my travels

Shocking !!!
Hope you know you can appeal and challenge school Suspension

26 July 2016
City
Bolton
Thought I should update you on my brother bullying me as it happened up to me leaving home just short of being 16. I left home and went seeking my fortune covering vast areas of the world and arrived back in the UK some 3 years later very fit, Tanned and about 8inches taller. within 5 mins of meeting my brother the bullying was about to begin again until I looked down at him and said "Just try it you little shit" for some reason the bullying stopped right at that point and we have been mates (not good mates) ever since