Confidence

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
22 March 2015
City
Tenby
Do you feel confident about yourself? I see a lot of people in this lifestyle knocking themselves, for what I ask?

Both sexes, from weight issues to age, I suppose we all have the odd wobbly bit or wish we were 10yrs younger but my point is, this is not attractive when moaned about all the time, I have friends who moan all the time about themselves, why?

I am confident in my own skin, I have bits that I hate including scarring and boobs I wish were smaller but I never show these gripes, I think everyone is beautiful when they shine.
Don't knock yourself down when others out there will do it day to day XX

D

Deleted member 2610

Yep there's enough people out there to knock anyone's confidence. Be happy with yourself, if somethings not right then if you can change it, the balls in your court.on the other hand if you can't then don't sweat it live with it x

Lovernotfighter

MOTM

3 February 2016
City
York
I'm someone that isn't naturally that confident about myself in no small part being one of the small unathletic geeky kids at school. Now I link my weight with my confidence issues I know I'm not fat by any means (I am a bit over weight though) but I used to row as a light weight so I was 11 stone of lean tight cart house like muscle now I'm 14.5 stone of soft flash (which is totally my fault) and then I suppose they have been some very "difficult" relationships that taken they toll on my fragile confidence.

I do think a lot of people's lack of confidence seems from the entertainment industry where everyone has the prefect body, spotless house, plenty of money and a diffent partner each night if they wish.

22 March 2015
City
Tenby
I'm someone that isn't naturally that confident about myself in no small part being one of the small unathletic geeky kids at school. Now I link my weight with my confidence issues I know I'm not fat by any means (I am a bit over weight though) but I used to row as a light weight so I was 11 stone of lean tight cart house like muscle now I'm 14.5 stone of soft flash (which is totally my fault) and then I suppose they have been some very "difficult" relationships that taken they toll on my fragile confidence.

I do think a lot of people's lack of confidence seems from the entertainment industry where everyone has the prefect body, spotless house, plenty of money and a diffent partner each night if they wish.
I don't think being materialistic can give you confidence though, as @SexyTatts has said if you can do something about it then do so but if not then be happy with what you have sweet XX

Lovernotfighter

MOTM

3 February 2016
City
York
I don't think being materialistic can give you confidence though, as @SexyTatts has said if you can do something about it then do so but if not then be happy with what you have sweet XX
I agree the world puts to much focus on material goods but the world we love in relates happiness to success which it measures by the ability to buy stuff.

22 March 2015
City
Tenby
I agree the world puts to much focus on material goods but the world we love in relates happiness to success which it measures by the ability to buy stuff.
I would disagree with that, I see what you are saying but I certainly don't get pleasure from having things that I have bought, Having confidence is within and showing you are individual to others X

S

Scrunchy&Muffet

I think everyone has inner demons and things they dont like about themselves. I know i certainly do. When im feeling threatened or un confident in a situation i tend to put myself down as a defense mechanisim. Do it before they do kinda thing. But on the other hand....my general concidence has grown and never more than since ive been on this site.
Now i tend to think if people dont like the way i look or sound etc then they dont have to talk to me. I have plenty of friends on here who do and that means more to me.
Its a hard battle but one i think most people deal with. Xxxx

19 March 2015
I agree with @Scrunchy&Muffet I think we all have our own worries and doubts about ourselves whether it's a scar somewhere, a slightly larger belly or legs, to even things like hair and if you feel the most representable you possibly could be at that time.
I think it's easier to get your confidence knocked in this lifestyle more than most other things in life if honest and that's because of the nature of it - which is deeply personal.

Imagine finding out someone you had some fun with, had then been putting you down behind your back about anything personal.
Far from a confidence booster..
Again I think we all have our imperfections, but someone's imperfections is someone else's perfections. :) x

22 March 2015
City
Tenby
I think everyone has inner demons and things they dont like about themselves. I know i certainly do. When im feeling threatened or un confident in a situation i tend to put myself down as a defense mechanisim. Do it before they do kinda thing. But on the other hand....my general concidence has grown and never more than since ive been on this site.
Now i tend to think if people dont like the way i look or sound etc then they dont have to talk to me. I have plenty of friends on here who do and that means more to me.
Its a hard battle but one i think most people deal with. Xxxx
There is a good saying that I love from a film. "I never did mind about the little things" it's a great way of saying to someone that knocks you what ever. Lovely to see you are feeling more confident XX

24 November 2015
I have no confidence issues anymore ive been there done that ,put on here my imperfection , im me at the end of the day like me or hate me I no longer care about the small minded few ,this site is accepting of everyone and there are any number of people here who will listen and not judge you as an individual

22 March 2015
City
Tenby
I have no confidence issues anymore ive been there done that ,put on here my imperfection , im me at the end of the day like me or hate me I no longer care about the small minded few ,this site is accepting of everyone and there are any number of people here who will listen and not judge you as an individual
Very true words X

19 March 2015
Ok this is a thread for me, generally I am a confident person but as some of you realise, having a relationship break up earlier this year, well it knocked my confidence down. But as a group one sang "if you get knocked down, get up again".
Slowly but surely I am getting there
That's the spirit.. You will get there.. ;)
And good for you.. yes small mindedness is a bugger. But good for you :) x

10 December 2015
City
Barnard Castle
I have confidence issues and whilsts its very easy to say like yourself etc its hard, for me its a struggle as I know I am not meant to be like this but with my hip so messed up I cannot exercise and the only way I drop a lot is through exercise not diet so for me at the moment its a hard thing.
Most of the time I can deal with it but on nights out or if even people going past in cars screaming things it is hurtful. The worst for me is the nasty looks and comments from other girls who really should know better how it affects people.
Well from what I have seen from your media I have no idea why people would shout abuse at you.. send em to spec savers along with @Therapon :)

Reactions: Lace and Therapon
10 December 2015
City
Barnard Castle
Unfortunately in Chester its all about image and status, if you arent a posh girl who is a size 8 snorting coke you dont fit in round here! What makes me laugh is when they shout stuff I am usually in my gym stuff walking with the dog so it baffle me why people would put down someone trying to get fit!
I understand where you are coming from there as a biker I walk round in some strange gear get funny looks and even people crossing out of my way... or is that cause I smell..lol anyways keep your head up and just smile at them, when they are in a coma in a hospital cause they did too many drugs or cause their bodys have shut down thro starvation you can just smile even more :)

Reactions: Lace
10 December 2015
City
Barnard Castle
Probably people watching too much sons of anarchy and now scared of bikers.
Ah see I wouldnt smile at that as it would make me as bad as them plus they are still someones child.

Sometimes if people do talk to me and find out about my injury and all the meds I am on they understand then, on Monday it was the first time a nurse has weighed me and actually not had a go at me but understood the struggle as she had been through similar.

Sometimes when your confidence has been knocked for years (I had 7yrs of my ex husband belittling me and making me feel ugly) its a slow struggle to rise above people
I cant see ugly anywhere :) and shame on him

Reactions: Lace
D

Deleted member 2610

Confidence can be different depending on situation
For me work - very confident no problem talking to groups of 10 people to a few hundred. I feel 100% comfortable.
Socially - I wobble a lot. That interaction I do find hard but as I said I'm the only person who can change it. Joining SS took me way out on a limb, didn't think I stay the course. But still here, just and enjoying it soooo much.
If I do meet you and I'm quite, a bit shy then you may understand. X

D

Deleted member 3411

I think everybody in every Walk of Life has issues but that isn't such a bad thing. Although an extreme example of confidence necessary one of the best ones I heard was a general during the war who said he didn't worry about men suffering fear during battle it's the ones that had no fear that he was scared of because fear is natural.
My lack of confidence comes from the stupid beliefs in my head that if I make an approach at someone they will bite my head off insult me or ridicule me, all of which is totally unfounded. But I would rather be this way then overconfident and have a big head.

D

Deleted member 1402

Have confidence, but have a tendency to take the piss out of myself.
What I hate, is judgemntal idiots, or people who make assumptions about me

Last edited by a moderator: