Confidence

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
S

Scrunchy&Muffet

Probably people watching too much sons of anarchy and now scared of bikers.
Ah see I wouldnt smile at that as it would make me as bad as them plus they are still someones child.

Sometimes if people do talk to me and find out about my injury and all the meds I am on they understand then, on Monday it was the first time a nurse has weighed me and actually not had a go at me but understood the struggle as she had been through similar.

Sometimes when your confidence has been knocked for years (I had 7yrs of my ex husband belittling me and making me feel ugly) its a slow struggle to rise above people

I know exactly how you feel. Its even worse when its a family member whi should love you for who you are and not what you look like. Believe me.....ive been there. Its heartbreaking and knocks your confidence down to nothing. Coupled with a controlling husband.....irs takes an awful long time to rebuild. But like i said earlier......i think ive made sooooo much progress. Im happy where i am xxxxx

Therapon

Admin
11 August 2015
I know exactly how you feel. Its even worse when its a family member whi should love you for who you are and not what you look like. Believe me.....ive been there. Its heartbreaking and knocks your confidence down to nothing. Coupled with a controlling husband.....irs takes an awful long time to rebuild. But like i said earlier......i think ive made sooooo much progress. Im happy where i am xxxxx

Hey you're doing great, you always come across as a happy bubbly person online and the times I met you you are just the same (y)(y)

9 January 2016
City
Reading
The way I look at confidence is that it actually doesn't really exist, and all that is happening is that those people that act confident are just pretending.
Take for example a singer or band you have been to see perform live - if they are anything like people I have seen and heard interviewed, they will tell you they are shit scared going on stage, but my god do they come across as confident.
Take a footballer (your Steven Gerrard or Wayne Rooney) going out to play in a cup final, standing in the tunnel, looking focussed, confident - again, shit scared.
But it doesn't stop these people performing at their best.

Easier said than done, but I say 'walk high', head up, fuck you world I'm me whether you like it or not - act confident regardless of whether you feel it, because others will believe it and quite by accident you will become the confident person you're pretending to be.

mrclouse

I am Batman ?
28 March 2016
for me my confidence is usually low but kindof grow in person ~~~ i do think im too skinny and i would like chesthair but oh well

D

Deleted member 3289

I would disagree with that, I see what you are saying but I certainly don't get pleasure from having things that I have bought, Having confidence is within and showing you are individual to others X
Thoughtful post @Lace and very honest and open responses peeps. Makes me think about the nature of confidence and how we all have ways to mask and avoid lapses. Maybe sometimes those coping strategies are too good that we fool others too well...and everyone things, shit it's only me! There was a good piece doing the rounds on social media today...saying how even the must outwardly successful and confident people, find ways to give themselves a boost when needed... This site never ceases to surprise...

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Years ago I would have classed myself as shy, someone who lacked confidence but through years of working in the right areas and meeting @Admin my confidence has grown. Now I am very comfortable in my skin and around others, yes I see bits that I don't like but I can't change them so its pointless worrying about them :pxx

S

Scrunchy&Muffet

Years ago I would have classed myself as shy, someone who lacked confidence but through years of working in the right areas and meeting @Admin my confidence has grown. Now I am very comfortable in my skin and around others, yes I see bits that I don't like but I can't change them so its pointless worrying about them :pxx

You are a beautiful soul inside and out sweet xxx

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Were you? Shy that is... :whistle:
You are definitely more confident in things and definitely more comfy in your own skin than a few years ago. I like all of your bits :D ;) xxx

M

meet_the_fockers

This is my first posting. Hello. I lack confidence, im hoping to make lots of lovely new freinds here. Everyone seems nice. X

Ha i shall get back to this one.. sometimes the most outwardly confident people.
Are the least confident inside.. its bravado.

Im am extremeley confident person now.. a far cry from what i used to be... im a fighter.

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
This is my first posting. Hello. I lack confidence, im hoping to make lots of lovely new freinds here. Everyone seems nice. X

Ha i shall get back to this one.. sometimes the most outwardly confident people.

Im am extremeley confident person now.. a far cry from what i used to be... im a fighter.
I know, those knickers didn't stay on for long :whistle::whistle::whistle::sneaky:

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014

This says everything... A lot is different between online and RL.
BTW for those who want to know, here's @meet_the_fockers first post here, for nostalgias sake :D ;)
https://socialswinging.com/threads/hello-deviants.694/

Reactions: Therapon