Do you find...

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.

Do you find admins' involvement with forums and members a good thing/refreshing or not?

• Yes of course!

Votes: 21 100.0%
  • No, not keen thanks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't know, please explain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
M

meet_the_fockers

Oh lordy, those poor narnas, I make paper flowers in my spare time!
What a hobby barbed wire narna encasements! :D

22 July 2015
You wouldn't find out so much about the members if you didn't interact and just moderated from a distance. I think it proves its a friendly place because some mods have a God complex. Not here tho. My two pence worth

Reactions: Pearls and Admin
M

meet_the_fockers

You wouldn't find out so much about the members if you didn't interact and just moderated from a distance. I think it proves its a friendly place because some mods have a God complex. Not here tho. My two pence worth
Thankyou. :)

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Indeed, thank you very much for that.. Appreciated a lot (y)

Reactions: Driftwood70
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Haha its because we are all nutters and thick as shit :whistle::whistle:xx

22 July 2015
Well I can honestly say I've been on a number of forums in my time and not many have been as welcoming as this. Not many at all.

Reactions: Admin
22 July 2015
I've been on IT boards - you know the kind that are supposed to help you and they can be full of smug arrogant types, I've been on TV and Movie boards which are just full of "everything is crap except the stuff I like" types and feuding fans of franchises. And Football forums are the worst where rival fans just abuse each other often stooping to using tragedies to mock each other. Religious boards (I'm not religious myself) where I'm fascinated how one unproven myth can be disputed by the existence of another equally unproven myth, although I respect the rights of people to believe what they want. So in comparison this place is like party where everybody likes each other. Lol.

Reactions: Admin and Pearls

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
And it's this that we wanted from day 1. I had and have a vision on how to start this and where I personally wanted it to go..
We're in the right direction! (y)
Of course, we've also attracted the right users, and we've gained the right users as a result of our ethos.
So this works hand in hand. Create the right environment and good people will come, the trash will join too - who are unwanted, but as soon as they realise this is not a trashy site with people who don't give a monkeys on it, they decide to either evolve and adapt to their surroundings and stay - becoming nice, friendly and active - or leave.

This ethos and atmosphere we will always try our hardest to maintain. That I can promise you. :) x

22 July 2015
You're always going to get the odd few who want to cause mischief. I hate the way the word "Troll" is used now. It used to be somebody taking an opposite point of view merely to gauge reaction or cause a heated debate. Often the troll shares the same view, they just want to cause confrontation for the sake of it. But now it's used as a blanket word for "online abuse" and it's nice to see this place is free of it. I think you've done a great job.

Reactions: Admin

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
I've been on IT boards - you know the kind that are supposed to help you and they can be full of smug arrogant types, I've been on TV and Movie boards which are just full of "everything is crap except the stuff I like" types and feuding fans of franchises. And Football forums are the worst where rival fans just abuse each other often stooping to using tragedies to mock each other. Religious boards (I'm not religious myself) where I'm fascinated how one unproven myth can be disputed by the existence of another equally unproven myth, although I respect the rights of people to believe what they want. So in comparison this place is like party where everybody likes each other. Lol.

Yep I know the type completely... I've been online for years now, and used many many forums. I am a forumite - self confessed.
We have a mix of everything here, forums, profile updates and searches, gallery and so on.. the forum is the core of the site, to make it more sociable for like-minded people & users.
hence Social Swinging.
What I found was, people who are forumites who may/may not directly take part in the forums, will usually spot someone that takes their fancy.
Added to that you can have good banter and a lot of fun without the hum drum mundane crap about life. So all in all the whole user experience is designed to be actively engaging for members and generally way more social.
So far I will say, it works. :)

EDIT;

I hate the way the word "Troll" is used now. It used to be somebody taking an opposite point of view merely to gauge reaction or cause a heated debate.

Agreed! it's become a far more overused word to specify something that it was never intended to do.
When someone trolled your POV it was to deface your opinion and thought process, or to flame..
Now it's an umbrella term for numpties.

22 July 2015
Same here, I've been on forums and I've seen real romances and relationships develop. Even a few weddings. Not that that's the object here. I'm just here for fun. Lol. I was part of the Tolkien community for years when the Lord of the Rings movies were coming out. There were heated debates, arguments, appreciation and I even went to a few "Meets" where about a 100 of us would gather, it was a real bond between a group of like minded people. Nothing quite gets that bond going like a "niche" subject. I plan to engage as much as possible and get my swinging adventure off to a good start. Lol.

Reactions: Admin and Pearls