Dumb It Down

• Thread starter The_Bibas
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
  • Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
T

The_Bibas

Serious question..
How many people hide their intelligence when on sites like this?
I find that I enter into conversations and struggle sometimes to get down to the level of the person approaching me..
Stephen is worse.. Although a tad more diplomatic.. Prehaps not actually..

Do I scare people?
I do my best to be on the same level but I am not convinced that I achieve it..
And yes this is me playing it dumb..

Is it just me or do others play it dumb too?
XxxBibaxxX

D

Deleted member 3657

I think we all do to some extent. Until you get to know someone (no disrespect but we know you're not a fan of the long game lol) then we tend to try and find that medium ground.

Is it dumbing down or is it that some are not on your wavelength? I know there's some not on mine. I can often drop a word or line in to a thread and some instantly get it. Others think it's rude. Some just don't understand. I know you are fully aware that on a site like this and others that there will be varying levels of intellect and for me personally I try to have that thought when responding. Often I see things posted on social media and it hurts my brain but have to refrain from saying something.

I put it down to different wavelengths.

(Not quite sitting on the fence, leaning against it)

T

The_Bibas

I think we all do to some extent. Until you get to know someone (no disrespect but we know you're not a fan of the long game lol) then we tend to try and find that medium ground.

Is it dumbing down or is it that some are not on your wavelength? I know there's some not on mine. I can often drop a word or line in to a thread and some instantly get it. Others think it's rude. Some just don't understand. I know you are fully aware that on a site like this and others that there will be varying levels of intellect and for me personally I try to have that thought when responding. Often I see things posted on social media and it hurts my brain but have to refrain from saying something.

I put it down to different wavelengths.

(Not quite sitting on the fence, leaning against it)

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Good thread this, something I have thought about for a while, be interesting to hear others xx

Reactions: Admin

Vanezza

Stud Muffin
11 May 2017
I can honestly say i never "dumb down" anything i have to say online or off it. I just dont say a lot unless it needs saying or its funny, mainly funny i hope
N xxx

Reactions: Therapon
5 July 2016
City
Ossett
Ok so know we don't really dumb it down..... we are actually as dumb as we come across.

Truthfully we tend to observe people and interact with them in a friendly way but without trying to cause offence. Balderick has a dark sense of humour and reigns it in when talking to people he thinks would misinterpret. Kaz is a bit ditzy but cleverer than she may seem.

Kaz has no formal qualifications due to having children early in life but managed to become a manager of a care home (before giving it up to spend more time with her family).
Balderick has a degree in electrical engineering (yet can't win the weekly quiz).

We feel that on the whole the folk on this site seem to be of above average intelligence. Is this common to the swinging community? Or unique to this site? We haven't used any other sites for reference.

BNK
XXX

Reactions: No longer with us
5 July 2016
City
Ossett
Ok so know we don't really dumb it down..... we are actually as dumb as we come across.

Truthfully we tend to observe people and interact with them in a friendly way but without trying to cause offence. Balderick has a dark sense of humour and reigns it in when talking to people he thinks would misinterpret. Kaz is a bit ditzy but cleverer than she may seem.

Kaz has no formal qualifications due to having children early in life but managed to become a manager of a care home (before giving it up to spend more time with her family).
Balderick has a degree in electrical engineering (yet can't win the weekly quiz).

We feel that on the whole the folk on this site seem to be of above average intelligence. Is this common to the swinging community? Or unique to this site? We haven't used any other sites for reference.

BNK
XXX
Ok we spelt 'no' wrong on the third word of the post. Obviously we are quite dumb :palm:
X

18 October 2015
City
Nantwich
With us what you see is what you get. We like a laugh and interact when we can. Written word can be difficult as it is open to interpretation as you cannot see the relevant body language that goes with it. It is also difficult if you are dyslexic as poor use of spelling and grammar has been judged as a lack of intelligence or intellect on occasion. We are by no means perfect and whilst we are reasonably intelligent we are still capable of making ill judged or plain dumb ass comments like the rest of the population xxx

Reactions: Therapon and Pearls
5 July 2016
City
Ossett
With us what you see is what you get. We like a laugh and interact when we can. Written word can be difficult as it is open to interpretation as you cannot see the relevant body language that goes with it. It is also difficult if you are dyslexic as poor use of spelling and grammar has been judged as a lack of intelligence or intellect on occasion. We are by no means perfect and whilst we are reasonably intelligent we are still capable of making ill judged or plain dumb ass comments like the rest of the population xxx
To be honest you both seem quite lovely to us :love:

BNK
X

5 July 2016
City
Ossett

To be honest you both seem quite lovely to us :love:

BNK
X

Btw autocorrect changes a good 15% of what we type so don't worry about spelling mistakes.

K
X

18 October 2015
City
Nantwich
Btw autocorrect changes a good 15% of what we type so don't worry about spelling mistakes.

K
X
I don't worry about spelling mistakes because I know what auto carrot is like and plus it's Lew who is dyslexic and both our children. Makes for some interesting messages though....:whistle::rofl::D

T

The_Bibas

I don't try to hide my intelligence on here, I do consider myself to be moderately intelligent but it's all relative and there are lots of different types of intelligence. More than trying to come across as intelligent or dumbing myself down I tend to think more in terms of finding common ground, being polite and having a humourous/ interesting discussion. A disclaimer to this is that I generally tend to avoid having private discussions with people whom I have not developed some level of friendship with on the forums - as I am only interested in involvement with people that I am friends with it likely affects who I interact with and how I interact with them.

Seeing as you have asked, I do find you a little scary. I find you interesting and engaging, you are obviously clever and can be very funny. I am in awe of the strength of your character and I admire you; but at the same time I find you a little daunting and intimidating. I haven't felt it so much since you have come back, and in fact you appear to have shown great restraint in the face of provocation, but before you went away I was worried about writing something that might elicit a harsh response from you. I don't like confrontation, and some of your comments on the forum seemed a tad brutal to to me.
I am of course a terrible wuss, and this is probably more a reflection on me than on you xxx
Omg how dare you say such a thing..
I am utterly gobsmacked and extremely disappointed...
Lol...
Me scary.. Intimidating?
Behave...
I agree that it is all about common ground etc, however as a rule I get hundreds of messages a day.. At one point thousands so it has calmed down.. I guess it makes you abrupt dealing with those volumes..
That said I base everything on chemistry, attraction and instinct.. If they are not there I don't waste time with the how do you do.. Always been crap with the pretence so I guess if people want to label me a witch and hope I will fight back... Can't be arsed.. They are not important enough...
Please don't be afraid of me.. I am really nice but I wear my heart on my sleeve.. And the blood of those that cross me..

But I do agree with everything you say...
Mostly... Ish
Lol
XxxBibaxxX

T

The_Bibas

I imagine that if I was dealing with hundreds of messages a day then I would get pretty abrupt too.

I believe you, and thank you :)

Do you mind if I follow you? I don't think I am your type, but I hope we can be friends and have good chats/ interactions/ comedic encounters whilst traversing the SS wilderness xx
Follow away
Xxxx

D

Deleted member 4901

Sometimes, my immaturity
Steals my sensibilities,
I lack somewhat the respect,
At times, for other's intellect.
Especially when I'm erect.

Xxx

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Without actually getting involved in the thread and OP itself, if only more people took this approach... with everything in life.
This is how to be open and honest and make friends and acquaintances.. Not snide commentary, not backstabbing bull.. not gossipmongering, but being open, honest and to the point but not abrupt or angry.

IMHO these few posts here of opinions and openness, teach everyone a thing or two...
Good on you! :love: x

I don't try to hide my intelligence on here, I do consider myself to be moderately intelligent but it's all relative and there are lots of different types of intelligence. More than trying to come across as intelligent or dumbing myself down I tend to think more in terms of finding common ground, being polite and having a humourous/ interesting discussion. A disclaimer to this is that I generally tend to avoid having private discussions with people whom I have not developed some level of friendship with on the forums - as I am only interested in involvement with people that I am friends with it likely affects who I interact with and how I interact with them.

Seeing as you have asked, I do find you a little scary. I find you interesting and engaging, you are obviously clever and can be very funny. I am in awe of the strength of your character and I admire you; but at the same time I find you a little daunting and intimidating. I haven't felt it so much since you have come back, and in fact you appear to have shown great restraint in the face of provocation, but before you went away I was worried about writing something that might elicit a harsh response from you. I don't like confrontation, and some of your comments on the forum seemed a tad brutal to to me.
I am of course a terrible wuss, and this is probably more a reflection on me than on you xxx

Omg how dare you say such a thing..
I am utterly gobsmacked and extremely disappointed...
Lol...
Me scary.. Intimidating?
Behave...
I agree that it is all about common ground etc, however as a rule I get hundreds of messages a day.. At one point thousands so it has calmed down.. I guess it makes you abrupt dealing with those volumes..
That said I base everything on chemistry, attraction and instinct.. If they are not there I don't waste time with the how do you do.. Always been crap with the pretence so I guess if people want to label me a witch and hope I will fight back... Can't be arsed.. They are not important enough...
Please don't be afraid of me.. I am really nice but I wear my heart on my sleeve.. And the blood of those that cross me..

But I do agree with everything you say...
Mostly... Ish
Lol
XxxBibaxxX

I imagine that if I was dealing with hundreds of messages a day then I would get pretty abrupt too.

I believe you, and thank you :)

Do you mind if I follow you? I don't think I am your type, but I hope we can be friends and have good chats/ interactions/ comedic encounters whilst traversing the SS wilderness xx

T

The_Bibas

Without actually getting involved in the thread and OP itself, if only more people took this approach... with everything in life.
This is how to be open and honest and make friends and acquaintances.. Not snide commentary, not backstabbing bull.. not gossipmongering, but being open, honest and to the point but not abrupt or angry.

IMHO these few posts here of opinions and openness, teach everyone a thing or two...
Good on you! :love: x
Oi..
Bugger off
We are having a moment here

Xxxx

5 July 2016
City
Ossett
A disclaimer to this is that I generally tend to avoid having private discussions with people whom I have not developed some level of friendship with on the forums - as I am only interested in involvement with people that I am friends with it likely affects who I interact with and how I interact with them

We are exactly the same as you regarding this. (y)

Seeing as you have asked, I do find you a little scary. I find you interesting and engaging, you are obviously clever and can be very funny. I am in awe of the strength of your character and I admire you; but at the same time I find you a little daunting and intimidating.

We found @The_Bibas a ickle bit scary too after reading your profile page. We appreciated the straight to the point bluntness but thought we're probably the kind of couple you'd not want to talk. We're a little intimidated by you. We hope you don't find this offensive (it's not meant to be):confused:

BNK
Xxx

24 November 2015
We are exactly the same as you regarding this. (y)

We found @The_Bibas a ickle bit scary too after reading your profile page. We appreciated the straight to the point bluntness but thought we're probably the kind of couple you'd not want to talk. We're a little intimidated by you. We hope you don't find this offensive (it's not meant to be):confused:

BNK
Xxx
You know they are an amazing couple really not as scary as you may think xx

Reactions: Deleted member 6485
D

Deleted member 6684

Serious question..
How many people hide their intelligence when on sites like this?
I find that I enter into conversations and struggle sometimes to get down to the level of the person approaching me..
Stephen is worse.. Although a tad more diplomatic.. Prehaps not actually..

Do I scare people?
I do my best to be on the same level but I am not convinced that I achieve it..
And yes this is me playing it dumb..

Is it just me or do others play it dumb too?
XxxBibaxxX
It all depends on the conversation isn't it? Written virtual media has its limitations. Either, one comes across as direct and to the point or its waffling..It's hard to gauge people. I always believe in communication being oral and written. I have found a select few who are good at both.

Also, some will be having great intellect but will struggle to make small talk. But they can be great once you get to.know them. Where does one draw a line?

For me, each person is different not because they are odd and do not conform but because they are unique.

Call me a blind optimist, I always don't base my decisions about people on how dumbed down or high of a level I can reach via written communication here.

Reactions: Admin and Baldrick
M

meet_the_fockers

Legs is right..
Shes not as ruthless as she makes out.
Hes a pretty decent guy. X

Reactions: Admin