Dumb It Down

• Thread starter The_Bibas
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
  • Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
T

The_Bibas

It all depends on the conversation isn't it? Written virtual media has its limitations. Either, one comes across as direct and to the point or its waffling..It's hard to gauge people. I always believe in communication being oral and written. I have found a select few who are good at both.

Also, some will be having great intellect but will struggle to make small talk. But they can be great once you get to.know them. Where does one draw a line?

For me, each person is different not because they are odd and do not conform but because they are unique.

Call me a blind optimist, I always don't base my decisions about people on how dumbed down or high of a level I can reach via written communication here.
Very well said, grammatically incorrect but all the same correct in meaning.

Social swinging has great forums which do indeed allow interaction through conversation.
Private messaging however is a different animal, which is why profiles exist.. As a guide; warning or failsafe..
I am not a monster...I just don't care for small talk privately when there is no connection.
Yet I agree it is difficult for some people to approach someone without waffling..
Maybe they lack assurity within.. I don't know.
I do know that I try to reciprocate the waffle but I struggle, purely out of lack of interest.
Is it callous?
Probably.. And I don't care.
It is who I am..
Is it any worse than someone trying to approach me without reading my profile or indeed getting to the point?
Welcome to my blunt side.. Although I do try to soften my disinterest... I fear that I fail..
I am more than happy to develop a relationship after we have had intercourse if the connection exists..
But to do so before is best left for a group drink in the pub or a dating site..

As always yours considerately
XxxBibaxxX

5 July 2016
City
Ossett
You know they are an amazing couple really not as scary as you may think xx

Yep, mad as hatters, to the point, great fun. I kind of like the kitty.

Legs is right..
Shes not as ruthless as she makes out.
Hes a pretty decent guy. X

Oh we're not judging, We're intrigued mostly.
We watch and learn. Oh gawd we're voyers and didn't even realise it :palm::rofl:

I'm sure they're a lovely couple :mwah: Some of their posts genuinely have us in stitches :D:rofl:

B x

D

Deleted member 6684

Very well said, grammatically incorrect but all the same correct in meaning.

Social swinging has great forums which do indeed allow interaction through conversation.
Private messaging however is a different animal, which is why profiles exist.. As a guide; warning or failsafe..
I am not a monster...I just don't care for small talk privately when there is no connection.
Yet I agree it is difficult for some people to approach someone without waffling..
Maybe they lack assurity within.. I don't know.
I do know that I try to reciprocate the waffle but I struggle, purely out of lack of interest.
Is it callous?
Probably.. And I don't care.
It is who I am..
Is it any worse than someone trying to approach me without reading my profile or indeed getting to the point?
Welcome to my blunt side.. Although I do try to soften my disinterest... I fear that I fail..
I am more than happy to develop a relationship after we have had intercourse if the connection exists..
But to do so before is best left for a group drink in the pub or a dating site..

As always yours considerately
XxxBibaxxX]

At the end of the day, authenticity rules!

D

Deleted member 3411

I'm a curious mix (Ste). I am told I'm intelligent but struggle to see myself as anything other than just 'me'. I sometimes think I lack a few of the qualities others who are popular on here lack, and I know I'm still far too shy for my own good.
@cinnamon_giggles stay just as you are, I find that intelligent attitude you have very appealing. @The_Bibas, well I know you don't take prisoners and can have an attitude and sadly that's put me off, that however is not a reflection on you though but actually on me, see I reckon you'd find me (And therefore us) too quiet and lacking in fun factor, but then again unless/until we ever meet that's an assumption only.
So do I/we dumb down? I hope not, I think swinging in itself is an intelligent and enlightened lifestyle, after all isn't the 'my woman, hands Off' thing in itself a bit primeval!! Our hope and wish is for pleasant and stimulating interaction, followed by deep and sensual intercourse....lol

Reactions: The_Bibas
D

Deleted member 3175

I have to say I also find @The_Bibas to be a forthright character to which I applaud, you have a very straight forward, no crap approach to what you want and how you you want it, to which I doth my hat as it's something that doesn't come naturally to me.

I (Mrs) find it difficult to get across what I want to say. I find sometimes I just can not write what I want to say without coming across as as little bit dumb/stupid. Face to face is a different matter. It's the same a a text sometimes this can come across the wrong way or taken in the wrong context. Confidence is also something that prevents me from being as forthright on here as I am in real life.

S xxx

M

meet_the_fockers

I'm just me, dumb it down, i have done but in all honesty, couldn't continue. I am straight talking, and perhaps too honest. ;)
I will say though, text on the internet can so easily be misconstrewed.

I need something to bounce off, something to get my teeth into.. no not that!! Smart arses.
I should imagine i am of normal intellect..
I am drawn to dry, quick wit though..

No use being beautiful.. if its like talking to the wall. Xx

Reactions: Deleted member 6485
D

Deleted member 3411

I'm just me, dumb it down, i have done but in all honesty, couldn't continue. I am straight talking, and perhaps too honest. ;)
I will say though, text on the internet can so easily be misconstrewed.

I need something to bounce off, something to get my teeth into.. no not that!! Smart arses.
I should imagine i am of normal intellect..
I am drawn to dry, quick wit though..

No use being beautiful.. if its like talking to the wall. Xx
I'm very sure things said can be misunderstood or misread, I fear that has even happened recently. I prefer a good chat even if only ****** or Messenger just so you can be sure what was truly said... I know I many months ago opened my mouth and inserted foot....

M

meet_the_fockers

I'm very sure things said can be misunderstood or misread, I fear that has even happened recently. I prefer a good chat even if only ****** or Messenger just so you can be sure what was truly said... I know I many months ago opened my mouth and inserted foot....
I famous for it.. i wouldnt worry :D

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Will you bog off agreeing with me go n have a fag.. x
:whistle: Only agreed with what you said .... :D xx :sneaky:

Playing something down is not to be mixed with misconstrued text/phrasing though is it?
If so then people can backpeddle like no-one's business..

Reactions: Pearls
D

Deleted member 3411

:whistle: Only agreed with what you said .... :D xx :sneaky:

Playing something down is not to be mixed with misconstrued text/phrasing though is it?
If so then people can backpeddle like no-one's business..
True, but some times folk dumb it down so what you say is more blunt so less easy to read wrong. I cringe at those who say "Nice tits" but you don't misunderstand the intention...

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
True, but some times folk dumb it down so what you say is more blunt so less easy to read wrong. I cringe at those who say "Nice tits" but you don't misunderstand the intention...
I say that all the time :D

S

Sammy

what an interesting post

Well I have been known for being bubbly tad silly and ditzy with a wacky sense. Of humour

But there isa sensible Sammy too , there is a brain to here

But it always makes me when people say "you do what !!!!"

My typing n texting is rubbish. And I hate it as a form of communication.

Doesn't help I talk fluent paddy

What you see is what you get
Sx

S

Sammy

what an interesting post

Well I have been known for being bubbly tad silly and ditzy with a wacky sense. Of humour

But there isa sensible Sammy too , there is a brain to here

But it always makes me when people say "you do what !!!!"

My typing n texting is rubbish. And I hate it as a form of communication.

Doesn't help I talk fluent paddy

What you see is what you get
Sx

Dohhhhh so many spelling mistakes , grammatical errors and words missing

what can I say , interrupted mid post is my excuse

T

The_Bibas

I have to say I also find @The_Bibas to be a forthright character to which I applaud, you have a very straight forward, no crap approach to what you want and how you you want it, to which I doth my hat as it's something that doesn't come naturally to me.

I (Mrs) find it difficult to get across what I want to say. I find sometimes I just can not write what I want to say without coming across as as little bit dumb/stupid. Face to face is a different matter. It's the same a a text sometimes this can come across the wrong way or taken in the wrong context. Confidence is also something that prevents me from being as forthright on here as I am in real life.

S xxx
The problem with text, or indeed the written word is not whether you think it sounds OK..
Everyone will read something and see it differently to others... Like watching a film after you have read the book.... It's not as good but clearly the directors take on it..
The way I see it is if you are comfortable with what you have written then tough to everyone else

XxxBibaxxX

S

Sammy

The problem with text, or indeed the written word is not whether you think it sounds OK..
Everyone will read something and see it differently to others... Like watching a film after you have read the book.... It's not as good but clearly the directors take on it..
The way I see it is if you are comfortable with what you have written then tough to everyone else

XxxBibaxxX[/QUOTE ]

Text is hard because you just read it

But you don't see the emotions or body language you in conversation or even the tone you hear on the telephone

and a single comma can make the world of difference the structure of a sentence

God forbid you come from different parts of country when the same word means totally two different things
H

S

Sammy

But you don't see the emotions or body language you in conversation or even the tone you hear on the telephone

God forbid you come from different parts of country when the same word means totally two different things

Or worse a technophobe like me

Reactions: Therapon
T

The_Bibas

I'm a curious mix (Ste). I am told I'm intelligent but struggle to see myself as anything other than just 'me'. I sometimes think I lack a few of the qualities others who are popular on here lack, and I know I'm still far too shy for my own good.
@cinnamon_giggles stay just as you are, I find that intelligent attitude you have very appealing. @The_Bibas, well I know you don't take prisoners and can have an attitude and sadly that's put me off, that however is not a reflection on you though but actually on me, see I reckon you'd find me (And therefore us) too quiet and lacking in fun factor, but then again unless/until we ever meet that's an assumption only.
So do I/we dumb down? I hope not, I think swinging in itself is an intelligent and enlightened lifestyle, after all isn't the 'my woman, hands Off' thing in itself a bit primeval!! Our hope and wish is for pleasant and stimulating interaction, followed by deep and sensual intercourse....lol
The trouble with assumptions is that they are frequently wrong.. As is being sacred... Fear is nothing more than an emotion.. Danger however is real..
If i put people off so be it.. I am me.. End of... Take it or leave it... I don't eat fish but many people do.. Who is in the wrong?
No one... It's all about taste and comfort zones..
I find if I am comfortable then I get lazy so I always push myself.. Yes it scares people away....it's life
XxxBibaxxX

Reactions: Deleted member 3657
D

Deleted member 3657

XxxBibaxxX
This happened a fair amount recently. The trouble is most only read what they want or don't see the context that is meant. I've found recently I have had to explain (dumb it down) for them to realise what was actually meant. I think it has caused some friction and I see evidence of it regularly. Oh well, moving on.....

T

The_Bibas

Or worse a technophobe like me
again it's all about seeing what you want in the text..
If i am in Bitch don't mess with me mood, like I am today, I will see a more negative text than I would on a day when I am able to be more tolerant..
I agree meeting people is essential, but even then how I perceive them depends on my mood as I am sure it does for everyone
XxxBibaxxX