Elephant In The Room Or What

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
26 July 2016
City
Bolton
We have been to see the new Dunkirk film this afternoon and became very aware that at no time did the word German or any sign of Germans flags or insignia show up. It was almost like we cant say who is bombing and shooting at us just in case we upset anyone.

Film was crap btw the 1960s film was a whole lot better in my opinion.

Anyway have you folks got any times you can recall elephants in the room moments

Reactions: Pearls

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
We have been to see the new Dunkirk film this afternoon and became very aware that at no time did the word German or any sign of Germans flags or insignia show up. It was almost like we cant say who is bombing and shooting at us just in case we upset anyone.

Anyway have you folks got any times you can recall elephants in the room moments
I've been so looking forward to watching this. The ratings are massive. Meh.
We have to talk about who what why when. You can't ignore what it was or is.
Not sure I'll bother now.

Reactions: Pearls
4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
Mmmm. There was that awful time I was outed at my outlaws Xmas meal. That was pretty dreadful

Lovernotfighter

MOTM

3 February 2016
City
York

You'd be surprised how many serious world war two films do that (When you watch them very closely) I think it's because 'Nazi's' have become default bad guys for lazy writers.

25 July 2016
City
Tamworth
In many European countries anything relating to the Germans during WW2 is banned. For example it is illegal in France to wear a German WW2 uniform unless you have permission in advance and can result in 5 years in prison.
I guess as the film is being shown world wide the makers have had to take these laws into account.
As I have a great interest in WW2 and travel to France every year for DDay I still get to meet locals who remember living under German rule and memories come flooding back.

D

Deleted member 3657

I don't think we should forget. By removing images, emblems and insignia from films and such is just a way of erasing the past. People who are not as educated historically will see this and not have the facts. We already know that they believe half the shit in films.
The film "Madness of King George" was originally called "Madness of King George the fifth" but people were complaining they hadn't seen the previous 4 FFS. Many believe that the Americans found and cracked the Enigma machine and saved WW2 thanks to "U571".
Film makers don't go out to offend, but this is world has gone so far left that free speech is being taken away because some may not like what you say. And they are the ones who want free speech.

C

CDAbby

Society is a game of chess which pitches The State against us common folk. The State makes every play at a Grand Master level, whereas the common people do not know how to play.

T

The_Bibas

I have not seen it nor do I fancy it.. Not interested in people killing each other..
I believe however that in our current climate /world, where violence is definitely on the increase, that reliving such atrocities that the youth and the haters don't need another target.
We all know the story of the second world war... Naming and shaming would cause revenge crimes. Muslims cannot feel safe..
Nor any Refugee...
Besides, financially to name the Germans would exclude them from the box office..
I think they did the right thing... We have spent too long pointing the finger... It's time to move on...

XxxBibaxxX

Reactions: Therapon
T

The_Bibas

I have not seen it nor do I fancy it.. Not interested in people killing each other..
I believe however that in our current climate /world, where violence is definitely on the increase, that reliving such atrocities that the youth and the haters don't need another target.
We all know the story of the second world war... Naming and shaming would cause revenge crimes. Muslims cannot feel safe..
Nor any Refugee...
Besides, financially to name the Germans would exclude them from the box office..
I think they did the right thing... We have spent too long pointing the finger... It's time to move on...

XxxBibaxxX

It's funny..
But still a problem...
FB_IMG_1501106696624.jpg Do we really need more issues?
XxxBibaxxX

D

Deleted member 3657

And that is my point...
Do we really need to resurrect the past..?
XxxBibaxxX
I don't think we still need to point fingers at who was to blame anymore, however I don't think we should forget. To many brave people from all sides died and we should not forget that.

T

The_Bibas

I don't think we still need to point fingers at who was to blame anymore, however I don't think we should forget. To many brave people from all sides died and we should not forget that.

The film highlights the fact that suffering took place and how people rallied to save them... It's all we need to know on a screen that influences people... If it gives them a taste for more information then they can research it... Or do they really think a rakoon talks, lives in space and saves the galaxy with his twig mate?
XxxBibaxxX

Reactions: Deleted member 1030
T

The_Bibas

What ever keeps people from thinking about the issues we face today .....
Resurrection of the past will become today's problem...
People are easily brainwashed... You said so yourself

XxxBibaxxX

C

CDAbby

Resurrection of the past will become today's problem...
People are easily brainwashed... You said so yourself

Exactly.. Entertainment used to resurrect the past for debate to keep the collective mind from far more pressing matters of the present.

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury

Historical films are merely a reflection of the time in which they were made.

This is a good 'un about WWII. Based on a true, seemingly improbable, story.

Europa Europa - Wikipedia

T

The_Bibas

Exactly.. Entertainment used to resurrect the past for debate to keep the collective mind from far more pressing matters of the present.
Except it now creates violence..

People no longer debate.. They attack.
Facebook promotes violence..it's everywhere.. Conditioning of the masses..
Europe is already in chaos..