Elephant In The Room Or What

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
D

Deleted member 1030

I am. Still have no idea. X
OK, imagine we came round your house for tea - and you served Asda's own brand peas. You'd know they weren't Bird's Eye, we'd know they weren't Bird's Eye - but no one would mention it, at all. The tension that would emanate from the silence surrounding the inferior side dish would be the 'elephant in the room'.
:D

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
.. almost unavoidable in this text-life most usual people lead.
This is true, and sadly expected. We live a life driven by technology and are losing the art of conversation.
It's already too easily lost as is x

Reactions: Pearls
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
OK, imagine we came round your house for tea - and you served Asda's own brand peas. You'd know they weren't Bird's Eye, we'd know they weren't Bird's Eye - but no one would mention it, at all. The tension that would emanate from the silence surrounding the inferior side dish would be the 'elephant in the room'.
:D
Birds eye but not birds eye. :whistle:

D

Deleted member 6684

We have been to see the new Dunkirk film this afternoon and became very aware that at no time did the word German or any sign of Germans flags or insignia show up. It was almost like we cant say who is bombing and shooting at us just in case we upset anyone.

Film was crap btw the 1960s film was a whole lot better in my opinion.

Anyway have you folks got any times you can recall elephants in the room moments
Each one to their own with their opinions. Dunkirk is a film and every creative director has his licence to do what he wants. Public can like or dislike it. I am a huge Nolan fan and think the sounds and sights of war were beautifully portrayed. Loved how true the sound of spitfires and gunshots were (especially the very first scene). And zimmer's background score was out of this world. You could not separate the score from the movie but it was there like all Nolan films adding to the drama.

I liked it, in fact loved it for Nolan's daring exploits with the film.

Absolutely love the movie...I would never hold any lack of signage against my favourite director who has not let me down again.

M

meet_the_fockers

I like elephants i really do, unsure about being in the same room though.... theyre big.

Reactions: The_Bibas
26 July 2016
City
Bolton
Once again the twisting of history. It was so far off the real events I am surprised some American army general did not ride into shot and save the day with some super power he possessed from the gods and of course win the battle all on his own as that's what might as well of happened. wrong wrong wrong.

P

peakcouple

Not surprised we didn't mention the Germans - just don't mention the war! :D

26 July 2016
City
Bolton
The British have treated people badly over the tears too.
We do need to remember the past to avoid repetition in the future.
Regretfully such repetition is still happening to a degree all over the world.
But what has that got to do with a film. That's a whole different thread if you would like to start it

Reactions: Deleted member 3657
M

Mel007

My elephant is my dad. He died in November and just put his ashes on the ground today . The church service back in November was full of 200 plus people singing his praises. The vicar gushed sentiment about this amazing man. My brothers cried.. my children cried. My mum and I sat there. She lives with me now. She looks 15 years younger than the day he died . I have never cried. She has never cried. We don't talk of him. Xx

M

meet_the_fockers

My elephant is my dad. He died in November and just put his ashes on the ground today . The church service back in November was full of 200 plus people singing his praises. The vicar gushed sentiment about this amazing man. My brothers cried.. my children cried. My mum and I sat there. She lives with me now. She looks 15 years younger than the day he died . I have never cried. She has never cried. We don't talk of him. Xx
You should. X

Reactions: Admin

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
The veterans who went to see it reckoned it was reasonably accurate.

They did say it was louder than they remembered though :D
Lol :D

Anyway. From their own mouths - a 99 year old and 91 year old who went to the premier, both wrote it off as wholly inaccurate.

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Sometimes you just don't need to..... sometimes, maybe you just don't want to. It's not always rosy. Is it.
Thoughts and condolences anyway x

Reactions: Therapon
M

meet_the_fockers

Too much anger.. Haven't felt a thing. Nothing. Cried for week when my dog died. I must be a cold hard bitch XX
Youre not.
Its sometimes easier to forgive than it is forget... Unfortunately.. they often go hand in hand.. i have the same feelings re my mother...
I suspect always will... x

S

Sammy

Too much anger.. Haven't felt a thing. Nothing. Cried for week when my dog died. I must be a cold hard bitch XX

Lots of folk can't cry
It's a coping strategy
It's body going into self preservation

Mrs F is right but easier said than done
Big hugs
Sx

Reactions: Mel007