Poly Relationships...

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
19 March 2015
Hi all,
We had a poly relationship previously, and it's something we would do again.
We are happy to embrace it again and are open to the idea....

What about you?
Have you ever experienced it?
Is it something you would like to explore?
is it too much for you and your relationship?
Emotionally AND physically?

For us? It's down our alley and we wouldn't surpass the idea again, we have done it before and would willingly open up again.
:) x

19 March 2015
Im gonna be totally honest and say i dont really understand what a poly relationship is. So ive probably never experienced it lol xxx
A poly relationship is where there is a relationship involving more than just the couple. So, there could be 3 of you, or 4 of you etc.. and rather than an open relationship, it's more close knitted, caring and considerate. xx :)
It's definitely something I'd consider. I'm not in a full on monogamous relationship with my fella anyway, don't think I could do that ever again.
Ooh okay.. We it has its bonuses, strengths and weaknesses really.
Can be intimate and very strong, as long as everyone is treated equally. :) x

S

Scrunchy&Muffet

@Lips_Pearls thank you for explaining that. I wasnt 100% sure. I think based on that i dont think its something i could get my head around. Not knocking anyone who this does suit as its each to their own but just dont think its something that would work for us xxx

12 August 2015
City
Liverpool
Poly-relationships can be any shape as well. You have triad, you can have a V, (which is where one person(Person A) has two relationships with persons B&C but B&C only have person A), you can have an N, or W, or any other mix of people really. :)

12 August 2015
City
Liverpool
A poly relationship is where there is a relationship involving more than just the couple. So, there could be 3 of you, or 4 of you etc.. and rather than an open relationship, it's more close knitted, caring and considerate. xx :)

Ooh okay.. We it has its bonuses, strengths and weaknesses really.
Can be intimate and very strong, as long as everyone is treated equally. :) x

Not always equally, if you have a hierarchical based polypod. Where you have a primary partner, secondary partner etc. As long as everyone involved is aware , and has agreed to whatever style of poly then it's all good!

Therapon

Admin
11 August 2015
I'm not sure I would. Meeting others for a night or building fb relationships is one thing but a poly relationship? You would really have the understand those relationships and the potential for petty jealousy - really not sure that it would suit me. Having said it obviously works very well for some people.

Reactions: Charlia and Admin

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Poly-relationships can be any shape as well. You have triad, you can have a V, (which is where one person(Person A) has two relationships with persons B&C but B&C only have person A), you can have an N, or W, or any other mix of people really. :)
Not always equally, if you have a hierarchical based polypod. Where you have a primary partner, secondary partner etc. As long as everyone involved is aware , and has agreed to whatever style of poly then it's all good!
I'm a bit tied up to reply normally, but yes this is it.. The whole dynamics over the years have developed into what we have now.
By equality and treating people equally, I mean within the relationship itself. One thing we noticed was sometimes, the 3rd person would be of lesser importance than the other two. That's not right. :) x

Yeah I mean it works for some, others not.. A lot depends on your strength as a couple/relationship.
Of course, aside from us - @Charlia is the next most experienced person to shed light and experiences x

B

Bump-n-Grind

Admittedly we only have limited knowledge of this kind of relationship, we've seen it twice with swingers & another in a non swinging situation (we think), one is a mfm where one is subject & that one seems to work fine, although the dom mf are the primary relationship.
Another time was between 2 couples & that went horribly wrong. One of the couples had kids & in honesty we never quite knew how that worked.
The other one is a friend who's parents had a "long term friendship" a guy, who did everything & went everywhere with the family , which was fine until it came to light that he'd fathered the youngest daughter & that caused a huge family rift.

This is by no means a judgement, just an observation of what we've seen previously.

12 August 2015
City
Liverpool
Admittedly we only have limited knowledge of this kind of relationship, we've seen it twice with swingers, one is a mfm where one is subject & that one seems to work fine, although the dom mf are the primary relationship.
Another time was between 2 couples & that went horribly wrong. One of the couples had kids & in honesty we never quite knew how that worked.
The other one is a friend who's parents had a "long term friendship" a guy, who did everything & went everywhere with the family , which was fine until it came to light that he'd fathered the youngest daughter & that caused a huge family rift.

This is by no means a judgement, just an observation of what we've seen previously.

I can see why the last one caused a rift! :censored:

We are a FMF triad where I joined a married couple. Obviously we have spoken about kids and raising them. It works for us. It may not work for others. It's all down to the individuals involve :) x

D

Deleted member 2978

With my first wife this would have been impossible as she was so selfish that it even affect our kids. She thought nothing of blowing $100 on a dress or clothes for herself but didn't bother to help any of our daughters or our son, when the girls had to get prom dresses or the boy need uniforms for sports or they all just needed day to day clothing for school. I always took them out shopping for clothes shoes etc. Must say prom dress shopping was hard with my oldest daughter, (You cannot wear that you are showing too much em er you know) but by 2nd oldest I just let her get on with it. With Tigs it may be very possible, but we aren't looking for it lol

L

Lovestruckcpl

Polyamory relationships...Hmmm, I personally have always been open minded...or at least tried to be :)....and the thoughts of this kind of relationship worked well for me in my head! :) In an mfm set up I'm talking here.
The thoughts of another guy sharing our bills is particularly of interest to me! lol ;)...strangely, or not, the jealousy thing if it did kick in, would probably find it's weak spot where things like snuggling up to watch a film...or having a romantic meal at a special time came along.
The more I think about it..the more I find it odd that in some ways having quiet romantic times with Jen and being connected spiritually are vastly more important and make me more possessive than sharing her sexually in bed :confused:.

So, I suppose...in the end...it perhaps wouldn't be for us, despite it being appealing in thought.

P.s. I'm still open to sharing our bills if anybody is interested?? ;) x

D

Deleted member 3289

I'm a bit tied up to reply normally, but yes this is it.. The whole dynamics over the years have developed into what we have now.
By equality and treating people equally, I mean within the relationship itself. One thing we noticed was sometimes, the 3rd person would be of lesser importance than the other two. That's not right. :) x

Yeah I mean it works for some, others not.. A lot depends on your strength as a couple/relationship.
Of course, aside from us - @Charlia is the next most experienced person to shed light and experiences x
Thanks @

Thanks @Lips_Pearls @Admin and @Charlia for openning my mind yet further with your personal insights in to this fascinating area. Trying to get my head around the various combinations and the complications...For the moment in a long-term situation, I can't think beyond the old adage: two's company; three's a crowd; fours alright if two walk on... But as I say, my mind is being opened wider all the time!

W

Wheels5885

Hi all,
We had a poly relationship previously, and it's something we would do again.
We are happy to embrace it again and are open to the idea....

What about you?
Have you ever experienced it?
Is it something you would like to explore?
is it too much for you and your relationship?
Emotionally AND physically?

For us? It's down our alley and we wouldn't surpass the idea again, we have done it before and would willingly open up again.
:) x

I'm going to say it intregues me. But in reality I wouldn't know how I would react

Last edited by a moderator:
M

meet_the_fockers

Polyamory relationships...Hmmm, I personally have always been open minded...or at least tried to be :)....and the thoughts of this kind of relationship worked well for me in my head! :) In an mfm set up I'm talking here.
The thoughts of another guy sharing our bills is particularly of interest to me! lol ;)...strangely, or not, the jealousy thing if it did kick in, would probably find it's weak spot where things like snuggling up to watch a film...or having a romantic meal at a special time came along.
The more I think about it..the more I find it odd that in some ways having quiet romantic times with Jen and being connected spiritually are vastly more important and make me more possessive than sharing her sexually in bed :confused:.

So, I suppose...in the end...it perhaps wouldn't be for us, despite it being appealing in thought.

P.s. I'm still open to sharing our bills if anybody is interested?? ;) x
Excellent!!

Reactions: Pearls
D

Deleted member 1402

I've had one poly relationship last nearly 3 years. It worked really well, there was no huge feelings of lust or love on my part. We were just good friends that enjoyed kinky times together as 3 or just me and the hubby. He was my sub.

I'm exploring a new dynamic at the moment, but this time it's totally different. I'm much closer to the couple, as they are with me. Now my rile has reversed and I'm sub. It's very intimate this time round. We see our selves as one, rather than me as a bit on the side.
:love: