Poly Relationships...

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
14 February 2017
City
London
Not sure its for me, for various reasons:

For any relationship, proximity is key - I've tried a distance relationship where we could only see each other so many weeks/months apart and that didn't work: I'd need daily physical interaction, even if its just sitting together.

I'm emotionally unavailable. I know this about myself. Its not that I can't commit, quite the opposite: I've found committing to me is a bit like sky diving - you jump out with faith hoping your parachute works, in this sense the other person is there for you through thick and thin. In my experience sadly people can be disappoint, and I've been burned one too many times.

Relationships are hard work: with one person its not an easy task to constantly stimulate one's significant other mentally, emotionally, romantically. Based on my understanding, a poly relationship would mean having to do this for as many people are in the relationship so no one is feeling left out.

So, I stick to swinging. Its not that I don't appreciate the people I'm with: when we are together they are my primary priority, I'm just very aware once we go our separate ways, that priority drops just as much as they have other things and priorities to attend to.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 11105

If someone told me in my teens I’d now be open to poly relationship I’d have laughed in your face. I was very insecure and jealous. Now I am very open to the idea of poly. Maybe the only kind of relationship I’d enter at the moment, monogamous relationship doesn’t suit my mind set at the moment. I love to meet all kinds of people and explore and understand with my sexuality and I don’t think I’d find that in a mono relationship.

Also. I value my freedom and personal time which must be respected for any kind relationship for me to work. X

Reactions: Ahabs