Royals

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Its a lot of money that is brought in and for every wedding, new baby etc there is even more tourism and money spent!
People seem to forget aswell when they say get rid of them and sell off the properties that it would make lots & lots of people unemployed which would only add to issues.
Good point, I'm trying to work out the comparison here with some American family that I know nothing about :palm:
What about this small country though, I would say people should be proud to have a Royal family, what would it be without them?

Reactions: Deleted member 6485
7 April 2018
City
Coddington
Good point, I'm trying to work out the comparison here with some American family that I know nothing about :palm:
What about this small country though, I would say people should be proud to have a Royal family, what would it be without them?

I think it was more a flippant comment really not a serious comparison!

We constantly strive to protect heritage everywhere else this family is just that our heritage and what sets us apart from other places

5 July 2016
City
Ossett

The same as it is now :whistle::D

B x

5 July 2016
City
Ossett
So the argument for the Royal Family is they draw tourism into the Capital from which London benefits from the extra revenue.
Us Northerners don't see much of that London money.

I will concede to keeping the Royal Family as long as they agree to be on a Reality TV "Royals on benefits", in which they have to live on a council estate and survive on benefits, get a job and shop at Aldi etc etc.
That would be great telly :p.

B x

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
So the argument for the Royal Family is they draw tourism into the Capital from which London benefits from the extra revenue.

I will concede to keeping the Royal Family as long as they agree to be on a Reality TV "Royals on benefits", in which they have to live on a council estate and survive on benefits, get a job and shop at Aldi etc etc.

B x
:palm:

7 April 2018
City
Coddington
Highgrove estate which is one of charles estates is what funds the princes charities trust so that goes to people mainly kids & yound adults all across the country.

The duchy of cornwall estate provides for him & the boys and goes towards their own charities (which means they arent state reliant) he also maintains all the land, forests, lakes etc and breeds rare livestocks, has holiday cottages, plant nursery etc. He also keeps all that land green so it can never be used for crappy new build estates or offices and keeps the wildlife protected.

So i think charles does a lot of good with his status and provides for more than just london.

Reactions: Deleted member 1402
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Highgrove estate which is one of charles estates is what funds the princes charities trust so that goes to people mainly kids & yound adults all across the country.

The duchy of cornwall estate provides for him & the boys and goes towards their own charities (which means they arent state reliant) he also maintains all the land, forests, lakes etc and breeds rare livestocks, has holiday cottages, plant nursery etc. He also keeps all that land green so it can never be used for crappy new build estates or offices and keeps the wildlife protected.

So i think charles does a lot of good with his status and provides for more than just london.
Plus Buck house is open to tourists, where does that money go? I am sure it's to fund the running costs. (y)

Reactions: No longer with us..
4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury

B x

It's a nonsense to say the Royals "make" money for the UK via tourism.

France doesn't have a monarchy, for instance, but Versailles draws 7 million visitors a year, amongst other ex-royal sites.

If the British crown were abolished the heritage would still be there, people will still visit the Tower of London &c but we could a) open the palaces and art collections 7 days a week and b) not have to pay the Royal family either.

Now that makes money

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
It's a nonsense to say the Royals "make" money for the UK via tourism.

France doesn't have a monarchy, for instance, but Versailles draws 7 million visitors a year, amongst other ex-royal sites.

If the British crown were abolished the heritage would still be there, people will still visit the Tower of London &c but we could a) open the palaces and art collections 7 days a week and b) not have to pay the Royal family either.

Now that makes money
I honestly thought they did bring in huge revenue but I don’t know figures

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
I honestly thought they did bring in huge revenue but I don’t know figures
There isn’t any evidence to suggest there is any economic benefit to the royal family. Any benefit mentioned is from assets that belong to the nation - like tourist attractions - which would still belong to the nation if the monarchy was abolished.

5 July 2016
City
Ossett

I was relying on good ol' Joe to post some facts :D.

I think people need to remember that the Royals are just mere mortal men and women like us who happened to be born into a position of privilege.
I would concede that they do good charity work but hey if I had that much money and time on my hands, I would do some good charity work too :p.

I absolutely agree that Buckingham Palace, The Tower Of London etc would still bring in the same revenue through tourism with or without the Royals. It's not like the tourists get to see the part of the palace the queen actually resides in and have afternoon tea with her :whistle:.

B x

P.s I also look after and maintain all my lands and estates too *pats myself on the back*.