Royals

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
I was relying on good I'm Joe to post some facts :D.

I think people need to remember that the Royals are just mere mortal men and women like us who happened to be born into a position of privilege.
I would concede that they do good charity work but hey if I had that much money and time on my hands, I would do some good charity work too :p.

I absolutely agree that Buckingham Palace, The Tower Of London etc would still bring in the same revenue through tourism with or without the Royals. It's not like the tourists get to see the part of the palace the queen actually resides in and have afternoon tea with her :whistle:.

B x

P.s I also look after and maintain all my lands and estates too *pats myself on the back*.
The prince’s trust for one

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
They exist because of the royal family...
No, they exist because their ancestors were bigger, crueler, and more greedy than the people they took it from.

The wealth of the upper classes was plundered from land, peasants and empire

19 March 2015
Agree they do but they will still exist without them ;).

B x
No, they exist because their ancestors were bigger, crueler, and more greedy than the people they took it from.

The wealth of the upper classes was plundered from land, peasants and empire
Peeps, you need to understand something - they exist because of the royal family. Whether it's now, or 200 years ago. All of that is here, because of them.

If no royal family existed throughout history, then yes, none of it would (possibly) exist.
It's like saying we'd still exist as a planet without the sun or solar system.. o_O

5 July 2016
City
Ossett
Peeps, you need to understand something - they exist because of the royal family. Whether it's now, or 200 years ago. All of that is here, because of them.

If no royal family existed throughout history, then yes, none of it would (possibly) exist.
It's like saying we'd still exist as a planet without the sun or solar system.. o_O
I know the Royals have a history..... but it is just that, history, an antiquated notion that is no longer needed in the modern age :)

B x

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury

That's tautological - you're saying things exist because they exist.

No, the exist because man (and it was usually men) made it so.

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
What ever happened to people. We used to be proud to be British and not worry about the royals leccy bill. My mother used to worry about paying the pop man on a Friday though. :hmm:

5 July 2016
City
Ossett
Hmm, should anyone have to justify their existence?
Perhaps I'm being overly harsh or blunt with my words, however....... what would ol' Charlie be doing otherwise? Everybody needs a hobby and It's good that he does charity work but he is also a very fortunate man wouldn't you say?

B x

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
What ever happened to people. We used to be proud to be British and not worry about the royals leccy bill. My mother used to worry about paying the pop man on a Friday though. :hmm:
Our royal family comes from Germany!!! :D :D :D

* Fun fact - Queen Victoria spoke English vis a German accent (y)

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Perhaps I'm being overly harsh or blunt with my words, however....... what would ol' Charlie be doing otherwise? Everybody needs a hobby and It's good that he does charity work but he is also a very fortunate man wouldn't you say?

B x
I worked for him. He works ver hard. He raises so much for charity that you simply wouldn’t see in the press or Internet. X

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
Ahhh! Drag out the bunting? Have a giant inflatable Queen Mother towed down the Mall by spitfire?

Englishness is more than that

19 March 2015
That's tautological - you're saying things exist because they exist.

No, the exist because man (and it was usually men) made it so.
Not quite, but no one can say that they'd be happy to sell items that exist, purely through an entity that brought them there even though the entity shouldn't exist. It's like a double negative.
Completely - and we're lucky enough not to live in a country ruled by, say, an absolute monarchy like they have in Saudi Arabia. Couldn't even have this conversation there!
Completely agreed.

B x
No I would not. Would you like to be born in today's limelight and under constant scrutiny? Under constant watch? Press, Paps, you name it?
No, I think it's a very daunting and testing task. You think they have it cushtie and don't deserve what they have? Then that's perfectly reasonable and understandable.
But in my opinion, from WWII to now, I think the royal's have come a very long way in social integration and I think they have definitely played a pivotal role in our past and will do so in our future.
As I said earlier, I used to be against them, but now I see just how much they actually do and how hard they work..
They didn't ask to be born in their position, just like you didn't ask to be born in say, example, Northern England.

5 July 2016
City
Ossett
49% of Scotland weren't proud to be British in the last poll. They nearly buggered off and did their own thing :D.

The British history is rife in attrocities as well as acheivements. No I'm proud to be me and proud of my accomplishments. :)

B x