Royals

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
It's quite simple: it's nothing personal.

I have nothing against the royal family personally (whatever I might think of them in private as people that I barely know) but their mere existence is an affront to democracy.

Tbf, I might do something quite different with the money and power had I been born to it...
* although the chances are that the massive weight of tradition, advisers, family, interests, concerns to the nth degree and ye unto the middle ages... might make actually ripping it all up and doing something better quite difficult. I'd probably just sit on it, wave in the right places and look forward to the health care and holidays.

But. That's the strongest card the royals have; no-one has a better idea of what to replace them with.

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
I do not envy anyone in the royal family. It must be a difficult, pressureised, highly scrutinised existence from within and without (but with good holidays and health care)

5 July 2016
City
Ossett
I'd love to know... :hmm:

Fair play, I'll tell you :)

Are you jealous that they're in the position they are in and aren't having to do what you do?
Are you envious that they have an "easy life" and don't need to "work" for a living?

Jealousy and envy don't factor into it (for me personally). I am disappointed to think anybody would think these emotions would be my primary motivations.
I believe in equality and fairness. That people in power should in earn it through hard work and education not through a birthright. That we should all have an equal opportunity.

What do YOU bring into the country and contribute to the country that outweighs what they do?

I never claimed to bring or contribute anything to this country nor do I profess to be better than anybody else or that my contribution outweighs the Royals.
No I am but a cog in the wheels of industry. I help and contribute in keeping the cogs of industry turning. As one man I am not indispensable and the World would continue without me just as it would continue without the Royals. :)

B x

Reactions: Deleted member 6485
5 July 2016
City
Ossett
Do you think the Royals have these debates?

"Lizzie do we really need to have all these commoners all over the place?"
"Well Phillip I suppose they do contribute to the economy so we best keep them".

:whistle::D

B x

19 March 2015
Do you think the Royals have these debates?

"Lizzie do we really need to have all these commoners all over the place?"
"Well Phillip I suppose they do contribute to the economy so we best keep them".

:whistle::D

B x
Well of course... without you, how would be able to live after all?

Reactions: Baldrick
7 April 2018
City
Coddington
I honestly thought they did bring in huge revenue but I don’t know figures

Actually they do bring in a lot of more.. too many people get their facts from wikipedia which is invariably incorrect!
Royal estates, royal events etc all bring in high levels of tourism, i have friends in america who are planning trips to the uk just on the off chance they may spot a royal and they arent just doing london they then want to tour around the uk to see what else is on offer as they know london is too expensive to stay in for very long

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Actually they do bring in a lot of more.. too many people get their facts from wikipedia which is invariably incorrect!
Royal estates, royal events etc all bring in high levels of tourism, i have friends in america who are planning trips to the uk just on the off chance they may spot a royal and they arent just doing london they then want to tour around the uk to see what else is on offer as they know london is too expensive to stay in for very long
I give up two pages ago. Black and white in it. X

Reactions: Deleted member 6485
4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
Proof?

:)

7 April 2018
City
Coddington
Profit rises for restaurants, hotels, stores etc during the times when royal engagements occur, they are collated by companies house when full accounts are bought and they report on rises at the time!
Also during these events the pound becomes stronger which improves our exchange rate.

During the royal wedding and the babies birth you will see a rise in hotel prices and most hotels will be sold out, you forget people come from all around the world for these events, if they didnt happen they would have no reason to visit!

Please dont use crap on wikipedia that anyone can add to for ‘facts’ just because you aren’t a fan of theirs does not mean they dont do good for the economy.

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
Profit rises for restaurants, hotels, stores etc during the times when royal engagements occur, they are collated by companies house when full accounts are bought and they report on rises at the time!
Also during these events the pound becomes stronger which improves our exchange rate.

During the royal wedding and the babies birth you will see a rise in hotel prices and most hotels will be sold out, you forget people come from all around the world for these events, if they didnt happen they would have no reason to visit!

Please dont use crap on wikipedia that anyone can add to for ‘facts’ just because you aren’t a fan of theirs does not mean they dont do good for the economy.
I could assert that the moon is made of green cheese or that, I dunno, the communion wafer transforms into the flesh of god - doesn't make it so though, does it? :)

What we need are facts, figures, measurable, verifiable proof.

Then we can have a discussion.

Just say KNOW...

Britain’s royal family is worth more than £60bn, new report reveals

7 April 2018
City
Coddington
I could assert that the moon is made of green cheese or that, I dunno, the communion wafer transforms into the flesh of god - doesn't make it so though, does it? :)

What we need are facts, figures, measurable, verifiable proof.

Then we can have a discussion.

Just say KNOW...

Britain’s royal family is worth more than £60bn, new report reveals

Well thats bollocks to start with, the duchy of cornwall estate goes to charities not to the prince, its is a non profit organisation and they only keep costs to maintain the animals and land rest goes to choosen charities.
When a report says estimated it means they have no idea which is why data is collated by companies house and tourist boards etc.

Im not going to sit online getting them all for you, go do it yourself, go educate yourself and dont believe claptrap in a paper that does this for headlines