Royals

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Britishness, dear boy. Britishness.

Do you know, that genuinely makes me like him, a little bit :D
He’s a lovely guy and will stand on a street giving out cups of tea to the homeless. People don’t see everything.

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
What I can’t understand with people is what happens to grey areas. I learn and listen all the time. I always say I only know what I know. Why is everything black and white. X

5 July 2016
City
Ossett
No I would not. Would you like to be born in today's limelight and under constant scrutiny? Under constant watch? Press, Paps, you name it?

Perhaps. Perhaps not. I don't know until I've tried it. I'm sure it has It's rewards too and if he doesn't want to be scrutinised, he could always renounce his titles. He does have a choice.

But in my opinion, from WWII to now, I think the royal's have come a very long way in social integration and I think they have definitely played a pivotal role in our past and will do so in our future.

The ancient Royals committed numerous attrocities but as you say the modern Royals played pivotal roles in our recent history especially in the World Wars. I don't think they will play pivotal roles in our future though. I believe they are just figurehead now. I'm more than happy for them to prove me wrong though.

He’s a lovely guy and will stand on a street giving out cups of tea to the homeless. People don’t see everything.

I give out cups of coffee to the homeless too and I have a much smaller budget :D. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to assassinate his character (frankly I don't know the man) but I do believe the Royals as a whole entity has no real place in modern society.
I admire the charity work, I'm all for it. I'm glad that they use their influence for good. That kind of thing is needed but you don't have to live a life of Royalty to do it is my point (I think).

So not proud to be British then? :confused:

Now then. The biggie. Am I proud to be British?

I am as proud to be British as I am proud to be human. I respect Britains accomplishments as equally as humanities accomplishments.

I am grateful to be British for sure. Very grateful infact.
I am grateful of the NHS.
I am grateful of a democracy.
I respect and admire the soldiers of the World Wars who laid down their lives.
I respect that the people of our tiny islands have done great things.

I am grateful that I live in a country that had allowed me the opportunity to earn what I have and accomplish whatever goals I set for myself.

B x

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
The ancient Royals committed numerous attrocities but as you say the modern Royals played pivotal roles in our recent history especially in the World Wars. I don't think they will play pivotal roles in our future though. I believe they are just figurehead now. I'm more than happy for them to prove me wrong though.B x

I assume you mean George VI, the Queen's father?

He was a figurehead... I suppose he wasn't an utter Nazi loving shite like his brother, the ex-King Edward VIII, so we did get lucky there I s'pose

Reactions: Baldrick
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Really nice guy and lives a very simple life. Giving to others is his priority. I believe he would do if he wasn’t a royal. X

5 July 2016
City
Ossett
I assume you mean George VI, the Queen's father?

He was a figurehead... I suppose he wasn't an utter Nazi loving shite like his brother, the ex-King Edward VIII, so we did get lucky there I s'pose
The queen mother as well I believe was very hands on in the war.

Ere I'm not changing sides like :rofl:.

B x

19 March 2015
I think we have to ask ourselves in this situation; what is it within you that wants to dislike the royal family so much?
Are you jealous that they're in the position they are in and aren't having to do what you do?
Are you envious that they have an "easy life" and don't need to "work" for a living?
Are you simply fed up with supporting a family that does nothing, through your taxes?

What do YOU bring into the country and contribute to the country that outweighs what they do?
I'd love to know... :hmm:

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
I think we have to ask ourselves in this situation; what is it within you that wants to dislike the royal family so much?
Are you jealous that they're in the position they are in and aren't having to do what you do?
Are you envious that they have an "easy life" and don't need to "work" for a living?
Are you simply fed up with supporting a family that does nothing, through your taxes?

What do YOU bring into the country and contribute to the country that outweighs what they do?
I'd love to know... :hmm:
It's quite simple: it's nothing personal.

I have nothing against the royal family personally (whatever I might think of them in private as people that I barely know) but their mere existence is an affront to democracy.

Tbf, I might do something quite different with the money and power had I been born to it...