Should Corporal Punishment Should Be Allowed Back In Schools

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
D

Deleted member 1030

So.... @meandlis - what's your take on this?
Well, I'm not sure that there's any evidence that corporal punishment actually worked tbh, aside from a very vague "is that why society's gone wrong?" sort of notion.
There's always talk of 'PC' and 'do-gooders' in this type of debate too - but the people that get anything a bad name are the ones that abuse it. It's true to say that some teachers, in the past, used corporal punishment as a means of being fucking sadistic to kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
18 October 2017
City
Inverness
Anyone that uses violence against children is just plainly wrong. I have worked within Child protection for over a decade and to be honest, I am quite surprised at some of the posts on here.
Imagine you make a mistake in your workplace, or you do something that is not within the boundaries of your role, would you expect your boss to hit you to make you see the error of your ways??
Hitting children justifies the use of violence to solve problems. That is wrong. Violence in any form against children is abhorrent, and any adult that thinks that it is a solution should have a good long hard think about how they are rationalising it.
There is a reason that so many adults who were abused as kids, turn out to be abusers in adulthood. They have had it reinforced that their behaviour is acceptable because it was normalised with them. It is the same with corporal punishment.

D

Deleted member 1030

Anyone that uses violence against children is just plainly wrong. I have worked within Child protection for over a decade and to be honest, I am quite surprised at some of the posts on here.
Imagine you make a mistake in your workplace, or you do something that is not within the boundaries of your role, would you expect your boss to hit you to make you see the error of your ways??
Hitting children justifies the use of violence to solve problems. That is wrong. Violence in any form against children is abhorrent, and any adult that thinks that it is a solution should have a good long hard think about how they are rationalising it.
There is a reason that so many adults who were abused as kids, turn out to be abusers in adulthood. They have had it reinforced that their behaviour is acceptable because it was normalised with them. It is the same with corporal punishment.
Brilliant post (y)

Vanezza

Stud Muffin
11 May 2017
Having been a teaching assistant and a nursery assistant I can honestly say I have never once felt the need to raise my hand to a child, there are much better ways to deal with bad behavior, and hitting a child just makes that child think it is ok to hit others. I have seen some terrible ways of discipline in a nursery with 2 year old's it was so distressing that I left within two weeks because I just could not stand to watch it happen any more and yes I did raise the issue with the owner but they deemed to think it was ok. Their discipline method was simple place the child on a cold floor and leave them there for 20 mins, no reasoning or explanation why. That child is 2 years old where is the logic in that because after 2 mins they become confused and distressed as to why they have to sit there. The trouble with bringing back corporal punishment is it can and would go too far. On the flip side I do remember being smacked as a child and not only by my parents but also other children's parents if I was naughty, I came to no harm but really was it the right way to act, no not in the slightest. That is my opinion anyway.

Vxxx

Reactions: Baldrick
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
I think a lot of post are just light hearted tbh. We personally have never smacked our children and understand that they would simply hit back. I was smacked with a ruler in school, it never did me any harm and what I will say children then had so much respect for teachers, we simply knew who was the boss not through fear should I add.
I do believe though this isn't a black and white topic. :)

Reactions: Deleted member 6485
18 October 2017
City
Inverness
Respect is earned, not forced. If a Teacher, or any adult, resorts to violence, no matter how minute, then they command fear, not respect. There is a huge difference.
I see it as very much black and white. Violence against children is wrong. Take a ruler and hit someone in the street, see if it earns you any respect.

Reactions: Pearls
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Respect is earned, not forced. If a Teacher, or any adult, resorts to violence, no matter how minute, then they command fear, not respect. There is a huge difference.
I see it as very much black and white. Violence against children is wrong. Take a ruler and hit someone in the street, see if it earns you any respect.
I never had any fear when I was in school. Hitting children is wrong, just simply saying that a slap on my hand never turned me into an abuser. I'm just speaking from personal experience.

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
I never had any fear when I was in school. Hitting children is wrong, just simply saying that a slap on my hand never turned me into an abuser. I'm just speaking from personal experience.
Like I have mentioned previous, parenting plays a huge roll in behaviour, we have never hit our children and never needed to. The look is enough for them :whistle:(y)

D

Deleted member 6127

I have never smacked my children, although I did once chase my 16yr son up the stairs with a wooden spoon, and he hid under his duvet laughing so much :rofl:
Even the grandkids now say “ oh no grandmas just given us the look “ and that does it....
I often wonder what the look looks like !!!! Must be scary :eek: and if the finger wags run for cover Cxxx

17 March 2017
City
Manchester
I dont think it would make any difference to some of the youth of today. Most of them would simply take the cane out of the teachers hand and attack them with it instead
Because they know he or she cant do anything about it. Crazy country we live in were civil rights only apply to the aggressor. I had the slipper the cane and the ruler at school but it taught me respect, I would always stand for a adult on the bus, open doors for ladies . Even our lord has a punishment if your bad you go to hell were you burn ?? bring it back sooner the better,

Reactions: Pearls
5 July 2016
City
Ossett
Should corporal punishment be allowed back in schools?
Absolutely Categorically not!!
Teachers are not infallible. They are just people like the rest of us. They make bad decisions as do we all.
If I don't smack my children then I'm damn sure I'm not going to allow anybody else to.
That being said teachers need greater deterrents for todays kids. They don't seem to care about isolation or detentions.

As said elsewhere in the thread, we have empowered our children to express themselves and voice their opinion and the balance has been tipped far too much the other way and I think the youth of today needs reigning in a bit with greater consequences. I don't have all the answers but more schools with smaller class sizes would certainly help.

As for the people that said blame the parents, I think not!!
How do we control what our kids do when we are not present? We have brought them up well, they have been loved and cared for, they have been educated, they have been taught morals.
However they are their own person with their own personality. Gawd my 15 year old gobshite of a daughter is nothing like me despite my best efforts.

Hell I had a few encounters on the wrong side of the law when I was younger. Was that my parents fault? Gawd no. I made all my own choices.
Were we all raised right? Well we're swingers aren't we? Would our parents approve or are we defiant?
B x