Ss Welsh Birthday Bash Chat Thread

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
10 March 2015
So one photo sent to Admin for his eyes only .... then he deletes it ??... there’s pinning your colours to the flag ... (I’m proud to be English I’m even considering getting something Welsh for the party theme :eek::eek:) but would I cut my nose off to spite my face ?
It is as far as I know a normal club night so you could rock up away in your best daffodil hat ...

Yup, that thought crossed my mind, but I feel that would be diseng..dising...deseng… ffs, that would be sneaky and underhand.
Whilst I don't agree with PV, the site owners have these rules for a reason, and you have to respect that, and I do, despite my posts, which I hope are taken in the manner in which they are intended.
I play the fool a little, but I also hope that my posts create a debate, without being disruptive.

MP386

MOTM

9 November 2015
Yup, that thought crossed my mind, but I feel that would be diseng..dising...deseng… ffs, that would be sneaky and underhand.
Whilst I don't agree with PV, the site owners have these rules for a reason, and you have to respect that, and I do, despite my posts, which I hope are taken in the manner in which they are intended.
I play the fool a little, but I also hope that my posts create a debate, without being disruptive.
It isn’t compulsory now so it’s probably an irrelevant argument... sure you would be welcome to attend... the more the merrier... (y)

10 March 2015
It isn’t compulsory now so it’s probably an irrelevant argument... sure you would be welcome to attend... the more the merrier... (y)

Blimey, don't dismiss an irrelevant argument, that would be my entire back-catalogue of posts wiped out:(

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Not sure what more I need to do to be classed as "part of the site".... I pay to support it, I've contributed a lot in the forums, I even went on a (failed) one-man crusade to try and get people chatting in the chatroom.
Guess I'm forever gonna be like one of those "bad boy" comic book superheroes, who reluctantly gets dragged into saving the world, but still ends up walking down the road on his own at the end.
(Sniff) I'm not crying, there's just a lot of dust in the air, even us superheroes have to do housework ya know.:notworthy:

I've thought about it.... a lot... and you are right, it would be easy to do.
However... (sound of the Welsh National Anthem quietly playing in the background, whilst the camera pans across the Welsh hills to a tableau of Mart stood, one hand on his waist, the other on his heart) when a man nails his colours to the mast, he has to stand by them, come what may (music volume slowly increasing)… no matter what the storm tossed seas throw at him, no matter how hard the road he travels, (camera cuts to scene of our hero valiantly pushing despite heavy wind and rain buffeting him, music swells), once he considers the options and makes his choice, he cannot be swayed, and will fight on to the end!! (Cue Mart stood on a high hilltop, both hands on hips, chest thrust forward, gentle breeze tousling his hair, slightly tattered and bruised, but unbowed, sun beating down warmly, and as the music rises to a crescendo, a Dragon rises behind him, spreading its wings).
#notstubbornhonest#awardformostclichesusedinonepost

Aye that ^^
Besides, the original quote posted was purposely aimed towards a new member who joined and immediately posted about attending. So what we were saying is - yes newbies are most welcome but we’d need to see a bit more than a swift first post with “oooh can I come too” in it.
You’re (Mart) one of our longest standing members here and are both most welcome to attend.
We did meet before, but that was some considerable time ago hence why I’ve never been able to PV the account for you as it could easily be someone using your pics etc etc etc (not that I believe that to be the case though of course).
So come along, am sure you’d really enjoy the weekend. Pencil it in your diary?

14 February 2017
City
London
Blimey, don't dismiss an irrelevant argument, that would be my entire back-catalogue of posts wiped out:(
Wait ... you don't agree with being photo-verified?

Pardon my ignorance here, but I've always understood PV (in any iteration on whatever site over the years) as the admin of such site saying "Yup, we've seen their ugly mugs and can atleast attet they're not here to catfish".

Interprete that as you will, but if you find that disagreeable, then what works for you?
Are the rest of us (who are PV'ed) mugs then? Cause it would explain a lot if there's a "mug" stamp on my forehead.

10 March 2015
Aye that ^^
Besides, the original quote posted was purposely aimed towards a new member who joined and immediately posted about attending. So what we were saying is - yes newbies are most welcome but we’d need to see a bit more than a swift first post with “oooh can I come too” in it.
You’re (Mart) one of our longest standing members here and are both most welcome to attend.
We did meet before, but that was some considerable time ago hence why I’ve never been able to PV the account for you as it could easily be someone using your pics etc etc etc (not that I believe that to be the case though of course).
So come along, am sure you’d really enjoy the weekend. Pencil it in your diary?

Well, I cant promise anything, Jayne's just had her nights extended up to 28th Feb, but I will certainly pencil it in, and hope that things turn out in our favour, would be good to meet everyone.

Reactions: Therapon
10 March 2015
Wait ... you don't agree with being photo-verified?

Pardon my ignorance here, but I've always understood PV (in any iteration on whatever site over the years) as the admin of such site saying "Yup, we've seen their ugly mugs and can atleast attet they're not here to catfish".

Interprete that as you will, but if you find that disagreeable, then what works for you?
Are the rest of us (who are PV'ed) mugs then? Cause it would explain a lot if there's a "mug" stamp on my forehead.

Well, seeing as you have asked...
In my opinion, PV proves very little in "real" terms.
It can be faked, although Admin here seem to be more adept at spotting fakes from posts they have written on the subject. But, even if those that are PV'ed are who they say they are, what exactly does it prove?
Take us, for example, lets say we got PV'd, would that make us "real" swingers?
It could be that I'm the male of the couple using pics of us without her knowledge.
It could be that we have split up.
It could be that we are fantasists who like the idea of swinging, but never meet.
It could be that we may even turn up at social, club and party events but never play (social butterflys, those that like to "sit in" on the scene but never indulge). AKA "talk the talk, but don't walk the walk".
IMHO the only concrete 100% test of "real" swingers, is those that have "play" verifications. We had some on here, but it seems that everyone who left one has left the site, so there go our veries.

No-one should think that, because the site made it compulsory to PV and you did so, that that diminishes you in any way, Admin threw it open very democratically to a vote, and the vast majority wanted PV to be bought in. It then became a requirement that, to stay active on the site, you had to PV. We didn't.
I voted against it. Why? It's not a trust issue, when I had problems with the site I gave remote access to my PC to Admin so he could sort it. I guess it was on principle, I'd posted my views on PV before it came in, and (call me old-fashioned... or a dick lol) but I'm a man of principle, and I'd set out my stall so to speak, and I didn't think compulsory PV was the way forward.
I maintained my viewpoint.
Compulsory PV was abandoned. Does that make me right? Strangely, I don't think so.
Yeah, I know, now I really do sound like a dick.
Seriously though, ANY measure to improve security and enhance to users confidence in a site has to be a good thing, I just don't think making it compulsory is the way to do it.

There is only one way to not get "caught out" by fakes, and that's "due diligence", put the time and effort in to checking things for yourself, use the info they supply and follow through. We have NEVER had a "no show" or let down in 10 years of swinging, make of that what you will.
Apologies for the long post, but I just wanted to put it out there.:tiphat:

14 February 2017
City
London
Well, seeing as you have asked...
In my opinion, PV proves very little in "real" terms.
It can be faked, although Admin here seem to be more adept at spotting fakes from posts they have written on the subject. But, even if those that are PV'ed are who they say they are, what exactly does it prove?
Take us, for example, lets say we got PV'd, would that make us "real" swingers?
It could be that I'm the male of the couple using pics of us without her knowledge.
It could be that we have split up.
It could be that we are fantasists who like the idea of swinging, but never meet.
It could be that we may even turn up at social, club and party events but never play (social butterflys, those that like to "sit in" on the scene but never indulge). AKA "talk the talk, but don't walk the walk".
IMHO the only concrete 100% test of "real" swingers, is those that have "play" verifications. We had some on here, but it seems that everyone who left one has left the site, so there go our veries.

No-one should think that, because the site made it compulsory to PV and you did so, that that diminishes you in any way, Admin threw it open very democratically to a vote, and the vast majority wanted PV to be bought in. It then became a requirement that, to stay active on the site, you had to PV. We didn't.
I voted against it. Why? It's not a trust issue, when I had problems with the site I gave remote access to my PC to Admin so he could sort it. I guess it was on principle, I'd posted my views on PV before it came in, and (call me old-fashioned... or a dick lol) but I'm a man of principle, and I'd set out my stall so to speak, and I didn't think compulsory PV was the way forward.
I maintained my viewpoint.
Compulsory PV was abandoned. Does that make me right? Strangely, I don't think so.
Yeah, I know, now I really do sound like a dick.
Seriously though, ANY measure to improve security and enhance to users confidence in a site has to be a good thing, I just don't think making it compulsory is the way to do it.

There is only one way to not get "caught out" by fakes, and that's "due diligence", put the time and effort in to checking things for yourself, use the info they supply and follow through. We have NEVER had a "no show" or let down in 10 years of swinging, make of that what you will.
Apologies for the long post, but I just wanted to put it out there.:tiphat:

I appreciate the reply, and don;t get me wrong, (using other sites as an example) there are thode with verifications that I would call fake/fantasists/time-wasters. Hell, on one site, I've been called fake be a girl despite myhaving over 300 verifications over 10 years,... all because I refuse to go to a certain party that SHE likes.

But with that said, every measure to ensure all members on of the community are who they say they are (ie, swingers) has got ot be a go dthing sure? Just cause we as individuals feel some of them don't do much, does that mean we should give up? If everyone decided for each step that they did not feel mattered, we all ignore that step, then what?

Reactions: Therapon
10 March 2015
I appreciate the reply, and don;t get me wrong, (using other sites as an example) there are thode with verifications that I would call fake/fantasists/time-wasters. Hell, on one site, I've been called fake be a girl despite myhaving over 300 verifications over 10 years,... all because I refuse to go to a certain party that SHE likes.

But with that said, every measure to ensure all members on of the community are who they say they are (ie, swingers) has got ot be a go dthing sure? Just cause we as individuals feel some of them don't do much, does that mean we should give up? If everyone decided for each step that they did not feel mattered, we all ignore that step, then what?

I agree.
"Seriously though, ANY measure to improve security and enhance to users confidence in a site has to be a good thing, I just don't think making it compulsory is the way to do it."
But, my comment about doing your own "due diligence" still stands, the admin and staff aren't here to hold anyone's hand, you have to take responsibility for your own choices, make informed decisions and mitigate the risks (like making sure your phone number isn't linked to any social media accounts before giving it out), and be prepared to walk away if things don't add up. Too many rush in when there is a hint of some "action" without taking a moment to pause, and think "Is this for real?", and then we will end up with posts bemoaning the number of "timewasters" on the site.

Reactions: Pearls and Therapon
14 February 2017
City
London
I agree.
"Seriously though, ANY measure to improve security and enhance to users confidence in a site has to be a good thing, I just don't think making it compulsory is the way to do it."
But, my comment about doing your own "due diligence" still stands, the admin and staff aren't here to hold anyone's hand, you have to take responsibility for your own choices, make informed decisions and mitigate the risks (like making sure your phone number isn't linked to any social media accounts before giving it out), and be prepared to walk away if things don't add up. Too many rush in when there is a hint of some "action" without taking a moment to pause, and think "Is this for real?", and then we will end up with posts bemoaning the number of "timewasters" on the site.

Okay, lets flip the tables: would you take any single guy that wasn't PV'ed seriously?
In my experience (and opinions of many on various sites): if the dude can't even do that, how much confidence is there he;ll follow through on anything else?

Reactions: Pearls
26 October 2018
Just out of curiosity Mr Admin sir does my old PV remain valid or do I need to do it again ? Oh and at the same time can I go back to Stew as a username please ? :tiphat:

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Just out of curiosity Mr Admin sir does my old PV remain valid or do I need to do it again ? Oh and at the same time can I go back to Stew as a username please ? :tiphat:
Good evening Stew, unfortunately you’d have to do that again and your username is done. (y)

10 March 2015
Okay, lets flip the tables: would you take any single guy that wasn't PV'ed seriously?
In my experience (and opinions of many on various sites): if the dude can't even do that, how much confidence is there he;ll follow through on anything else?

How many people would fake being a single guy lol?
PV status has ZERO influence on whether on not we would interact with anyone.
If a guy has a social veri, that means more, and a meet veri even more.

14 February 2017
City
London
How did I get the expensive deal? Even though I don;t know what room I'm in either?

Do I have to check I'm even inthe right Premier Inn? lol

8 July 2018
How did I get the expensive deal? Even though I don;t know what room I'm in either?

Do I have to check I'm even inthe right Premier Inn? lol
I think you have to say you’re going to xtasia! And then they put you on the same floor as all the other sexual deviants :whistle: so you don’t disturb the rest of the hotel :sneaky: chuckle!
:tiphat:
Tiger

MP386

MOTM

9 November 2015
I think you have to say you’re going to xtasia! And then they put you on the same floor as all the other sexual deviants :whistle: so you don’t disturb the rest of the hotel :sneaky: chuckle!
:tiphat:
Tiger
I shall phone them to make sure we are in the right place ... if not don’t make too much noise ... you might keep me awake :rofl:

7 December 2018
City
Newcastle upon Tyne
If they ask me if I’m on the sexual deviant floor, what happens if I just get 27 room keys? :hmm: