What Do We All Think Of..

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Ok going back to cannabis being healing for Cancer, my Mams friend was sent home two months ago from hospital as they coulden't treat her any longer with the multiple cancers she has, (she is 54) the family were told she would be made comfortable with help of nurses coming daily and strong pain relief, they expected a few weeks, we are now two months on and this incredible lady is doing so well, she is up and about and even planning a big family Christmas which she was told she may not see.
Three months ago she started on CBD oil (Cannabis oil) The family and nurses believe this is having an effect on the cancer.
Could this be the secret to healing?
I believe it can be and this country should be doing more to treat patients with CBD.

L

Louise94

Canada legalising cannibis?

In my opinion (and it is just my opinion), whether for medicinal or recreational use, all drugs should be legalised.

With legalisation comes regulation meaning the substances available are strictly controlled, the dosage set, age limits put into place.

Not to mention, the revenue created can then be used to help and treat people with addiction - a currently chronically underfunded area. Our current system criminalises addicts when, in my opinion, they are crying out for compassion and professional help.

I have known and still have in my acquaintance many professional men and women who work hard, pay their taxes, pay the mortgage, are in loving and committed relationships etc. etc. and like to get high at the weekend. They are, in almost every aspect, model citizens and yet in this one personal area they are cast as criminals. Something about that just doesn’t seem right to me.

1 September 2018
City
Cardiff
In my opinion (and it is just my opinion), whether for medicinal or recreational use, all drugs should be legalised.

With legalisation comes regulation meaning the substances available are strictly controlled, the dosage set, age limits put into place.

Not to mention, the revenue created can then be used to help and treat people with addiction - a currently chronically underfunded area. Our current system criminalises addicts when, in my opinion, they are crying out for compassion and professional help.

I have known and still have in my acquaintance many professional men and women who work hard, pay their taxes, pay the mortgage, are in loving and committed relationships etc. etc. and like to get high at the weekend. They are, in almost every aspect, model citizens and yet in this one personal area they are cast as criminals. Something about that just doesn’t seem right to me.
Yep what she said.

20 February 2018
City
Derby

I do agree with a lot of this post, very well written @Louise94. However, I do wonder what effect mass legalisation would have on people gaining dependency. (Take alcohol for example - legal but still many people are dependent on some level).

I do like the fact that regulation would decriminalise people and make revenue available for treatment of dependents or other worthy causes.

I haven't done any research into this really so I'm happy to be educated!

Reactions: Louise94
L

Louise94

I do agree with a lot of this post, very well written @Louise94. However, I do wonder what effect mass legalisation would have on people gaining dependency. (Take alcohol for example - legal but still many people are dependent on some level).

I do like the fact that regulation would decriminalise people and make revenue available for treatment of dependents or other worthy causes.

I haven't done any research into this really so I'm happy to be educated!

I think that’s a really valid concern to have but should legalisation be halted just because those with drug addictions may not resolve their problem?

I, of course, say no due to other factors such as the purity of illegal drugs (they can be ‘cut’ with highly toxic substances) which is something legalisation can address and would make taking them much safer.

You can’t stop people taking drugs but the circumstances in which they are taken can be changed and the risks can be far better managed.

L

Louise94

‘A number of small studies have found psychedelics to show promise in treating mental health disorders like depression, addiction and post-traumatic stress disorder, often where other treatments have failed.’

Can psychedelics transform mental health?

I have a friend who micro doses to help his depression and the benefits to him have been huge. Obviously, that isn’t scientific nor does it translate as a viable option for everyone, I know. :)

This research is still in the very early stages, but imagine what legalisation could do in benefitting scientific research into new treatment options!

20 February 2018
City
Derby
I think that’s a really valid concern to have but should legalisation be halted just because those with drug addictions may not resolve their problem?

I, of course, say no due to other factors such as the purity of illegal drugs (they can be ‘cut’ with highly toxic substances) which is something legalisation can address and would make taking them much safer.

You can’t stop people taking drugs but the circumstances in which they are taken can be changed and the risks can be far better managed.
Great point about the purity of substances. In fact considering that, I'm not sure about addiction / dependency, but people would probably do less damage to themselves in a regulated market. Say for example, by not putting things containing amounts of rat poison in their bodies (replaced by purer substances).

14 February 2017
City
London
I can see arguments for and against, and as with any lifestyle choice, there's good and bad. Dangers and safeguards are needed.
I hear stories of Amsterdam where they seem to have got it sussed, and also have been hearing of horror stories who have either lost their lives or those of loved ones.

Which is why the below video (California) is an interesting "deep dive" into the situation currently and the rising confusion:

Any measure that takes the danger out of the hands of thise that seek profit over people should be taken into consideration.