What's You Favourite Christmas Treat ?

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
18 October 2015
City
Nantwich
@Therapon yep not keen on shop bought Christmas cake either, my gran used to bake her own and they were delicious, everything these days just doesn't compare.
Homemade Christmas cake is the best. I made mine in September and if I don't put the marzipan and icing on tomorrow it could become an Easter cake. X:whistle:

Reactions: Admin

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Homemade Christmas cake is the best. I made mine in September and if I don't put the marzipan and icing on tomorrow it could become an Easter cake. X:whistle:
Aye gotta be on the ball with that!
My dear old nan also made hers in August/September. Best way to do it...
Now I know you soak yours in brandy, dontcha? :p

18 October 2015
City
Nantwich
Aye gotta be on the ball with that!
My dear old nan also made hers in August/September. Best way to do it...
Now I know you soak yours in brandy, dontcha? :p
Oh yeah. Feed it regularly. Imagine what it will be like if I leave it til Easter. Alcoholic sludge I expect.:rofl::rofl: not that I have a drink problem or anything.

Reactions: Admin

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Oh yeah. Feed it regularly. Imagine what it will be like if I leave it til Easter. Alcoholic sludge I expect.:rofl::rofl: not that I have a drink problem or anything.
Well okay I do, I admit I just can't get enough of the stuff really.. Ask Lew :D

Fixed for ya :whistle::whistle:
xx

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
But yes, in all seriousness have to feed it.! nom nom. The only thing I can't tolerate is the icing, makes my teeth go bananas! Gutted.
But scrape the icing off, oooh now we're talking.
Okay when are you finishing yours Looby? Address on its way :D x

18 October 2015
City
Nantwich
But yes, in all seriousness have to feed it.! nom nom. The only thing I can't tolerate is the icing, makes my teeth go bananas! Gutted.
But scrape the icing off, oooh now we're talking.
Okay when are you finishing yours Looby? Address on its way :D x
At the rate I'm shaping next Christmas x

Reactions: Therapon and Admin

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
I've made my own more times than I care to remember, and of course using cream... It's the cloves that got me.
Cinnamon or nutmeg aye, cloves? Hmm.. Different. :)

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Our Xmas has always been full on....

So the rules of Xmas are!

Real Xmas Tree, as big as you can get in your house, which means cutting it to adjust, sometimes you need to trim the ceiling, you may also need a spare (don't ask) and if need be, throw out the furniture.
As many dec's as you can get on it, we now have over 150 individual ones (NOT packs of 6 from some store) from the years gone bye
Home cooked 90% of everything, including chocolate Yule log, as you never know when your going to feed the street.
Real Fruit cake, Xmas cake, that is continually fed with alcohol all year (so start once the last has been eaten), my OH christened (drowned) the first with a half bottle of rum in the midst of cooking and it was very popular with the neighbours, so, as scary as it was when your 21 and having your first Xmas together (in a caravan), it actually worked out well, even though nobody had anywhere to sit (see above).

Have Xmas dinner on Xmas eve and invite the family, as they do in Europe, stops him from getting home at 3-4 in the morning and spending the day hungover, after you have done all the work cooking the dinner (been there done that 20+ years ago).

Have 6 bottles of champagne on ice 24hrs a day till the 6th Jan, you never know when you will need one (or two).
Put the (real) tree up no earlier than the 21st December, at the earliest (23rd or later is preferred) - do not take down till the 6th Jan.

Have everything you can, over indulge and enjoy, next year may be....

Xmas is a magical time to enjoy, even when you have nothing, just have it, because for that one time in the year you will always remember the enjoyment that you had.

Over indulge & enjoy excess, It's Christmas......

Sarah x x x

PS, Or get him to take you away somewhere
Brilliant.. :)
Sounds like a lot of fun Sarah!
I'm on my way, get the shampoo ready :D x :christmas_tree::santa::pressie:

Reactions: Therapon
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Our Xmas has always been full on....

So the rules of Xmas are!

Real Xmas Tree, as big as you can get in your house, which means cutting it to adjust, sometimes you need to trim the ceiling, you may also need a spare (don't ask) and if need be, throw out the furniture.
As many dec's as you can get on it, we now have over 150 individual ones (NOT packs of 6 from some store) from the years gone bye
Home cooked 90% of everything, including chocolate Yule log, as you never know when your going to feed the street.
Real Fruit cake, Xmas cake, that is continually fed with alcohol all year (so start once the last has been eaten), my OH christened (drowned) the first with a half bottle of rum in the midst of cooking and it was very popular with the neighbours, so, as scary as it was when your 21 and having your first Xmas together (in a caravan), it actually worked out well, even though nobody had anywhere to sit (see above).

Have Xmas dinner on Xmas eve and invite the family, as they do in Europe, stops him from getting home at 3-4 in the morning and spending the day hungover, after you have done all the work cooking the dinner (been there done that 20+ years ago).

Have 6 bottles of champagne on ice 24hrs a day till the 6th Jan, you never know when you will need one (or two).
Put the (real) tree up no earlier than the 21st December, at the earliest (23rd or later is preferred) - do not take down till the 6th Jan.

Have everything you can, over indulge and enjoy, next year may be....

Xmas is a magical time to enjoy, even when you have nothing, just have it, because for that one time in the year you will always remember the enjoyment that you had.

Over indulge & enjoy excess, It's Christmas......

Sarah x x x

PS, Or get him to take you away somewhere
Brilliant and have a great time Sarah xxx

Reactions: Therapon and Admin