What's You Favourite Christmas Treat ?

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
Z

zebo

mince pies ? special choccies ? a favourite Christmas tipple or those dreaded brussel Sprouts ?

For me i have a couple of Christmas favourite's reserved especially for this time of year, i always treat myself to a fresh salmon, and Garlic & Herb Le Roule, and of course what would Christmas be without mince pies :)

Reactions: Admin

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
I love your descriptive text, sounds Christmassy and homely..:)
Hmmm I personally enjoy after-eight mints and matchmakers mint only though. Seems we only buy them very rarely but always at Christmas..
We eat sprouts every week almost, so no change there..

As some know I am a keen red wine drinker, but I also have another particular tipple and that's malt whisky. So come Christmas I do enjoy a few glasses of malt, has to be Isle of Jura which is my favourite all time whisky, or Glenfiddich ..
Also enjoy a good Black Russian too.
Mince pies, extra thick cream.. Has to be done! :love: nom nom

Reactions: Deleted member 1030
Z

zebo

Extra thick double cream on mince pies, yummy . . . i can feel my arteries hardening at the mere mention of them !!

Therapon

Admin
11 August 2015
A single malt, I managed to get a bottle of 1990 Bladnoch this year and looking forward to opening it. Mince pies I like but normally sick of them by Christmas day so a chocolate roulade (I hate Christmas cake/pudding) crystalised ginger, pigs in blankets and more chocolate oh and those sprouts.

Z

zebo

@Therapon yep not keen on shop bought Christmas cake either, my gran used to bake her own and they were delicious, everything these days just doesn't compare.

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Agreed, the being who gave birth to me used to make them and my dear old nan.. And they were beautiful.
Traditional too, icing, little snowmen, Christmas trees, all that jazz on top.
As a child I recall making yule logs too with my nan who was a cook & baker, and I used to have so much fun doing them - I was cooking at the age of 8 or so, and I remember putting holly and a little robin on top of the yule log..

Amazing really how life can taint you, later on in years o_O

Z

zebo

@Admin yep my gran used to bake her own bread, oh and her scone's, date and walnut cake, oh hell i am drooling just thinking about them, oh an her home made steak and kidney pie, the crust use to soak up the gravy . . . god i miss that !!

Reactions: Admin and Pearls

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
@Admin yep my gran used to bake her own bread, oh and her scone's, date and walnut cake, oh hell i am drooling just thinking about them, oh an her home made steak and kidney pie, the crust use to soak up the gravy . . . god i miss that !!
My word now we are talking...
Date & walnut cake, steak n kidney pies, home-made with gravy, mushy peas.. Mash or knowing my nan some boiled pots. My God man I am starving now!

@Pearls !! What's for lunch babycakes? xx

Reactions: Pearls
Z

zebo

ah the smell of a ham shank being cooked and the peas soaking in a pan, ready for her famous pea and ham soup, god that stuff used to stick to your ribs, it was delicious, i really do miss her cooking

Reactions: Admin and Pearls

Therapon

Admin
11 August 2015
ah the smell of a ham shank being cooked and the peas soaking in a pan, ready for her famous pea and ham soup, god that stuff used to stick to your ribs, it was delicious, i really do miss her cooking

Pea & ham soup - divine.