Alas Poor Yorick

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
MP386

MOTM

9 November 2015
Given that blocking breaks context in threads, I’m wondering if a total block in ALL aspects is necessary (as it’s always been) or perhaps it should be amended to show posts with a link to reveal.
Just my tuppenceworth. What say ye?
It messes with threads makes them very disjointed and does detract from the social interaction on site ...but would the blockers want it to be partial because they obviously don’t want who they blocked to see their posts ...for what ever the reason or agenda...

19 March 2015
It messes with threads makes them very disjointed and does detract from the social interaction on site ...but would the blockers want it to be partial because they obviously don’t want who they blocked to see their posts ...for what ever the reason or agenda...
It’s always been controversial about whether allowing viewing content after a block should be allowed.
I think it’s a valid point from all angles actually. Lots of views on it. But there we go.

MP386

MOTM

9 November 2015
I used to get very block happy on a previous website but that was because I had a genuine dislike for them ?. I think if I blocked someone on here I would still want to see the forum posts only to keep in the loop ?
The site has been built on being social,whether you dislike someone blocking takes away that ethos ,you don’t have to interact with someone if you don’t like them for any reason ... in the past I’ve had people have digs and goes at me but I don’t block it’s not my way of doing this .... life can be shit like I’ve had this week , this place is my escape to have fun away from that ,but being blocked does detract from that unfortunately.. having said that there are a lot of fantastic people here who are genuinely lovely caring people who do make the site the best...

17 September 2020
The site has been built on being social,whether you dislike someone blocking takes away that ethos ,you don’t have to interact with someone if you don’t like them for any reason ... in the past I’ve had people have digs and goes at me but I don’t block it’s not my way of doing this .... life can be shit like I’ve had this week , this place is my escape to have fun away from that ,but being blocked does detract from that unfortunately.. having said that there are a lot of fantastic people here who are genuinely lovely caring people who do make the site the best...
Tbh I only blocked them just so they knew I didn't like them ? I am petty like that :cautious:

D

Deleted member 19022

What about this spin on it; would you block accounts who view your posts or threads and simply ignore them and or don’t respond to you? Would you block them so they don’t get access to your content as a result, or have an “it’s their loss” approach? ? x
If I took that approach I would end up blocking half the site ?? I think if someone views my profile and posts but decides not to respond then its their choice and loss.

MP386

MOTM

9 November 2015
What about this spin on it; would you block accounts who view your posts or threads and simply ignore them and or don’t respond to you? Would you block them so they don’t get access to your content as a result, or have an “it’s their loss” approach? ? x
The simple answer is No , people don’t have to like or respond to anything I post , if we all start randomly blocking for those reasons the threads become disjointed and hard to follow which is happening now on some and some that can’t be accessed as part of using and interaction on site ...
I don’t like or wow or sad every post made doesn’t mean to say I haven’t read them or that I am ignoring them .... would you agree with everything everyone says in normal life .... I know I don’t so why be different here .

Skippy01

MOTM

Skippy01

Quiz Queen 2020
18 September 2020
I've already blocked one person.I respect people have different opinions to me,or they have a different attitude.I'm gonna annoy loads of people no doubt, and if they need to block me then i'd be fine with that.I just don't get on well with people who think they're better than everyone else.I'd prefer to see no content from them,rather than some snobby bullshit or shiny watches ?.They were blocked on the previous site I was on so no reason to change the trend x

8 July 2018
If I did block someone on here I would assume that would mean I don't see any of their stuff and they dont see mine. Dont know how it works though I'm abit lost on this thread now ?
Yep ? that’s how it works, the amusing thing is, you can still get a gist of what’s going on from the responses people give to that blocked persons posts!

Perhaps I’m just a very perceptive person & can anticipate what they are going to say & do :whistle: or maybe they are just predictable. :rofl:

19 March 2015
The simple answer is No , people don’t have to like or respond to anything I post , if we all start randomly blocking for those reasons the threads become disjointed and hard to follow which is happening now on some and some that can’t be accessed as part of using and interaction on site ...
I don’t like or wow or sad every post made doesn’t mean to say I haven’t read them or that I am ignoring them .... would you agree with everything everyone says in normal life .... I know I don’t so why be different here .
This is it. We don’t all have the same fingerprint. So it means we’re all different. If we all agreed on everything, wouldn’t the place be boring.

I’ll share a story with you about the same thing but real life stuff.
A few months back, as some will know, Friday nights I spend with our 70 year old neighbour. We go down the garden pub and drink and play chess. We play music. I put music on he likes. Some of which I’m partial to myself too.
Anyway, I’ve (we’ve) known him 20 years now. Done a lot of things together. Just like we did last night.

But this evening in question was different. He’d been drinking in the afternoon and hammered the whisky that night.

We were all in there, our youngest, our squaddie son, my wife and our friend.
All of a sudden and for a simple disagreement on ONE thing, he violently attacked me.
He repeatedly punched me in the face several times. Broke my nose in fact.
He’s 70. There was no way on this planet I’d take my fist to him as God only knows how it would have ended up.
Instead, I stood up, lifted him off his feet and threw him out of the pub onto the gravel and away from me.

As soon as I did so, I was literally the first person there to pick him up. He’d cut his head on the shingle but I needed to take care of him. Bearing in mind by this point my family watched it all and I’ve a broken nose and battered face - so blood everywhere.
Walked him home and he and his son had a Barney.

The next day I went to the pub to clean up and I spotted his door was open. I knew that unless I took initiative and sorted it there and then, we’d never speak again.
So I walked in, bloody nosed and all and said - pour me a whisky and let’s talk.
We sorted it there and then over two hours and for me, for him, that was it. It was done.
like I said to him, a mistake shouldn’t affect friendship and family.
I took the initiative because I knew he wouldn’t.

Now, we look back and laugh. I ribbed him for a bit over it, he laughed but I knew he felt guilty. But it was done.
A few months down the road (ie now) - my nose is still broken but our friendship remains.

We ALL make mistakes. We’re all not going to agree. We’re not all going to be on the same page. It’s called human nature.

We can make mistakes and move on, but being wise enough to adapt and learn from it is most important.

It’s taken me almost 30 mins to write this lol when I’m supposed to be doing family time stuff.

Here’s my snozzle from that evening. We played chess last night and had a blast of an evening, because I CHOSE to ensure to clean it up and face it head on, rather than leave it fester.
Peace ✌?

60DDBC79-3CD8-49CD-A64D-50B7C1E683C7.jpeg

D

Deleted member 19022

This is it. We don’t all have the same fingerprint. So it means we’re all different. If we all agreed on everything, wouldn’t the place be boring.

A few months back, as some will know, Friday nights I spend with our 70 year old neighbour. We go down the garden pub and drink and play chess. We play music. I put music on he likes. Some of which I’m partial to myself too.
Anyway, I’ve (we’ve) known him 20 years now. Done a lot of things together. Just like we did last night.

But this evening in question was different. He’d been drinking in the afternoon and hammered the whisky that night.

All of a sudden and for a simple disagreement on ONE thing, he violently attacked me.
He’s 70. There was no way on this planet I’d take my fist to him as God only knows how it would have ended up.
Instead, I stood up, lifted him off his feet and threw him out of the pub onto the gravel and away from me.

As soon as I did so, I was literally the first person there to pick him up. He’d cut his head on the shingle but I needed to take care of him. Bearing in mind by this point my family watched it all and I’ve a broken nose and battered face - so blood everywhere.

The next day I went to the pub to clean up and I spotted his door was open. I knew that unless I took initiative and sorted it there and then, we’d never speak again.
So I walked in, bloody nosed and all and said - pour me a whisky and let’s talk.
We sorted it there and then over two hours and for me, for him, that was it. It was done.

Now, we look back and laugh. I ribbed him for a bit over it, he laughed but I knew he felt guilty. But it was done.
A few months down the road (ie now) - my nose is still broken but our friendship remains.

We ALL make mistakes. We’re all not going to agree. We’re not all going to be on the same page. It’s called human nature.

We can make mistakes and move on, but being wise enough to adapt and learn from it is most important.

It’s taken me almost 30 mins to write this lol when I’m supposed to be doing family time stuff.

Here’s my snozzle from that evening. We played chess last night and had a blast of an evening, because I CHOSE to ensure to clean it up and face it head on, rather than leave it fester.
Peace ✌?

View attachment 75162
Have to take my hat off to you, not sure I would have been so forgiving to be honest.

19 March 2015
Have to take my hat off to you, not sure I would have been so forgiving to be honest.
Thank you. I’m not the type to sit back and take a beating. But he’s 70. Now 71. Now way I’d lift my hand to him. To me, the most important thing was the following day- to save our friendship over a squabble. This happened in June and my nose (already broken anyway) is a bit more skewed but being mates is more important than one disagreement. Human beings. Not machines with yes no answers.

D

Deleted member 19022

Thank you. I’m not the type to sit back and take a beating. But he’s 70. Now 71. Now way I’d lift my hand to him. To me, the most important thing was the following day- to save our friendship over a squabble. This happened in June and my nose (already broken anyway) is a bit more skewed but being mates is more important than one disagreement. Human beings. Not machines with yes no answers.
I understand about not retaliating I would be the same due to the age of the gentleman but being friends still was where I would not be so forgiving.

8 July 2018

Peace ✌?

View attachment 75162
That is highly commendable of you and in a similar situation I would have done the same! In fact, I have on numerous occasions, turn the other cheek and all that! It’s the way I was brought up.

Preserving a 20 year friendship is more important than one indiscretion & once again, i also would have been the better man & buried the hatchet so to speak.

I guess the question has to be asked, do I want this person in my life? Do they add or subtract to my life? Are they a friend, a true friend or just someone I tolerate because it’s the polite thing to do!

If the answer is No to those questions then walk away! After all we are all different and it would be a boring place if we were all the same! Let bygones be bygones.

Having said all that & no prizes for guessing who I’m referring towards, for reasons known only to themselves, they took a dislike to me, have repeatedly criticised me and what I do constantly, yet! they’ve played the victim card over and over again!

With that type of person there is no reasoning with them! & with respect, I no longer have the patience or energy to deal with them anymore!