Benefits

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
Lovernotfighter

MOTM

3 February 2016
City
York
Smoking makes ppl lazy and therefore they cannot work? I don't see the point
May you please point me to your scientific evidence base for this, and it would also be most kind of you explain who the vast majority of smokers manage to stay in employment.

D

Deleted member 6684

May you please point me to your scientific evidence base for this, and it would also be most kind of you explain who the vast majority of smokers manage to stay in employment.
For the third time in this thread, it's meant to be sarcasm to your post to ask why smoking needs benefits, LNF

5 July 2016
City
Ossett
It's interesting to note that successive waves of immigrants to this country are typically billeted in the worst available housing that no-one else wants - hence the Jews at Golders Green or the Huguenots in Whitechapel, the Windrushers to Brixton or the Somalis put on the North Peckham estates.

I remember when I worked in housing that people who wanted a transfer (overcrowding or whatever) had a 10+ year wait in some London boroughs OR could elect to move to somewhere shitty but have a real home (like Frome in Somerset) where there was a glut of council housing 'cos no-one wanted it.

Your bottom line is correct, we need more social housing.

I cannot form an argument for the above as I am not educated enough in these geographical areas.

In our location a lot of council estates are racially/religiously segregated. Some areas maybe Hindu others Muslim others Eastern European others White British. It's absolutely bonkers.
None are particularly appealing in my opinion but last year when we were about to be made homeless, we would've temporarily taken anything until we found something else (luckily I was able to find us something in the nick of time).

B x

Reactions: Pearls
Lovernotfighter

MOTM

3 February 2016
City
York
For the third time in this thread, it's meant to be sarcasm to your post to ask why smoking needs benefits, LNF
I never once said smokers needed benefits I seem to remember making a counter moral point to yours. This is in the debates section of the forums after all.

Lovernotfighter

MOTM

3 February 2016
City
York
I cannot form an argument for the above as I am not educated enough in these geographical areas.

In our location a lot of council estates are racially/religiously segregated. Some areas maybe Hindu others Muslim others Eastern European others White British. It's absolutely bonkers.
None are particularly appealing in my opinion but last year when we were about to be made homeless, we would've temporarily taken anything until we found something else (luckily I was able to find us something in the nick of time).

B x

I believe that's the result of questionable housing policy that was common across west yorkshire, Leeds and Bradford are much the same.

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
It's addiction that's self induced. Sorry mate..I stand by that ..In that fags and alchohol is not something benefits should fund.
It's a whole 'nother debate but, again, there is a school of thought and a fair bit of evidence that says addiction is an illness not a choice.

But, that's another conversation :)

5 July 2016
City
Ossett
Buddy. .. I said that as a sarcasm as to why smoking justifies benefits to LNF's point
I think everybody misunderstood your point there :rofl:(y)

I get what you mean I think.

You do not want to fund people who smoke who choose not to work.

I get that, but I don't think it's reasonable to say to an honest person who has been made jobless and is actively looking for work, that they should not smoke whilst being unemployed.
It's just not quite that simple and pretty impossible to enforce (y).

B x

D

Deleted member 6684

I think everybody misunderstood your point there :rofl:(y)

I get what you mean I think.

You do not want to fund people who smoke who choose not to work.

I get that, but I don't think it's reasonable to say to an honest person who has been made jobless and is actively looking for work, that they should not smoke whilst being unemployed.
It's just not quite that simple and pretty impossible to enforce (y).

B x
Thanks for understanding.

Why cannot it be enforced? In the US, you get cash vouchers that governs on what one can spend the cash on. Why is it not enforcible?

Reactions: Pearls and Baldrick
5 July 2016
City
Ossett
I believe that's the result of questionable housing policy that was common across west yorkshire, Leeds and Bradford are much the same.

Ah yes I forgot you are quite local to me. You will know exactly what I mean about racial segregation in social housing. Huddersfield also has various council estates where you will generally find it occupied mostly by just one ethnic group.

Yes very poor housing policies. Instead of intergrating people into the communtity we segregate them and split one community into several. Utterly bonkers :confused:.

B x

D

Deleted member 6684

It's a whole 'nother debate but, again, there is a school of thought and a fair bit of evidence that says addiction is an illness not a choice.

But, that's another conversation :)
Yes, agree to that as well but that's a health are burden and falls on NHS. Agree it's a different debate

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
Yes, agree to that as well but that's a health are burden and falls on NHS. Agree it's a different debate
A burden on the NHS? Smokers already subsidise the NHS through mahoosive taxes on tobacco.

What about people who... are overweight?

?

Lovernotfighter

MOTM

3 February 2016
City
York
Ah yes I forgot you are quite local to me. You will know exactly what I mean about racial segregation in social housing. Huddersfield also has various council estates where you will generally find it occupied mostly by just one ethnic group.

Yes very poor housing policies. Instead of intergrating people into the communtity we segregate them and split one community into several. Utterly bonkers :confused:.

B x
I'm aware of it even though it's not something that really happened in North Yorkshire or York.

5 July 2016
City
Ossett
Thanks for understanding.

Why cannot it be enforced? In the US, you get cash vouchers that governs on what one can spend the cash on. Why is it not enforcible?
Ah the US is hardly a shining example of a good benefits system.

Give addicted people food vouchers (essentially animalising them and taking a certain level of freedom) and I guarentee that some of the people will either find a way of trading their food vouchers for their addiction (tabacco, alcohol or whatever) or they will turn to crime.

B x

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
Another debate there :eek:
Lol, quite - but we can go around penalising various groups who cost us too much money/aren't deserving enough/whatever which is fine until we realise that, Oh, maybe I might fit into one of those categories...

And that can change your perspective.

Reactions: Baldrick and Pearls
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Lol, quite - but we can go around penalising various groups who cost us too much money/aren't deserving enough/whatever which is fine until we realise that, Oh, maybe I might fit into one of those categories...

And that can change your perspective.
my perspective won't change.
It's simple, help people who need help.
Don't let people like my sister receive £600 per week and a luxury life style on benefits. This is wrong.