Dick pics (And pussies) - genitalia - as avatars.... (hot topic?)

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.

Should we enforce a site-wide ban on dick pic avatars?

• Total voters
M

meet_the_fockers

I've hinted to a couple of young men who've jumped in my mail, box and nearly poked my eye out, that perhaps something else, may be more appealing!! Let's just say Wasn't the reply I hoped for!
They seemed to think their crowning glory was an endearing feature.. Guess the hints and powers of persuasion ain't gonna cut it.. With some young hormone driven.. Whipper snappers.. So initially I said no, now I'm changing my mind. I vote yes ban them! X

17 July 2015
City
London
I've hinted to a couple of young men who've jumped in my mail, box and nearly poked my eye out, that perhaps something else, may be more appealing!! Let's just say Wasn't the reply I hoped for!
They seemed to think their crowning glory was an endearing feature.. Guess the hints and powers of persuasion ain't gonna cut it.. With some young hormone driven.. Whipper snappers.. So initially I said no, now I'm changing my mind. I vote yes ban them! X
I hope their reply wasn't rude, insulting or bad mannered! That is a far bigger crime in my book

Therapon

Admin
11 August 2015
Actually I think the issue is not just one thing.... Most comment agrees that non cock avitars get more positive response from women. But implementing a ban is a reduction of freedom... Maybe its the freedom to be a dick but freedom is very important to swingers. I know you have gone to the trouble to have a democratic vote but that vote didn't encourage people to think about the freedoms involved. To go back to the original problem of the couple who could not stop being confronted by an avitar they found offensive because they were being followed. Would a more liberal approach be to allow each individual to have the ability to block all images and messages from someone they find offensive. This option increases personal choice as opposed to reducing it.

I voted not have dick pics as avatars simply because I would personally prefer them to be in the users album, if I want to know what they look like then I can find out there, assuming the user wishes to display their bits. Additionally my understanding is that the ethos of this site is to be different from all the other sites where dick pics and blocking are rife and as such many people have moved here to get away from that type of setup. As for freedom and a liberal approach I'd say that the site as an entity itself is doing that by giving us the user the option to belong to a site where dick pic avatars are not used, if I don't like that I have the freedom to use another site.

Reactions: Admin and Troy9
M

meet_the_fockers

I hope their reply wasn't rude, insulting or bad mannered! That is a far bigger crime in my book
Lol slightly, but I'm a tough old bird! They neither.. recieved the reply they expected, that tail was tucked well and truly between their legs ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Pearls

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Maybe its the freedom to be a dick but freedom is very important to swingers. I know you have gone to the trouble to have a democratic vote but that vote didn't encourage people to think about the freedoms involved.
Yes well I was waiting for someone to mention freedom.

And@Troy9 allow me to explain something in comparison, did anyone question freedom on our rules against fisting images? Or watersports?
As a free swinger, shouldn't you be able to upload images of your arm deep in a vagina?
Or bloodyplay for the fetish peeps? Why not allow blood play?
Or needles, hooks, mid-pierce photos?

No.. Because we cannot accept it.
Is that a reduction in freedom? Some will say yes, others will agree that it's necessary to block certain things like that.. scat? perfect example.

What everyone must remember here, is that this whole discussion is not about having dick pics, or pussy pics... in your albums!
It's about having a 9 inch fully erect penis staring you in the face, in someone's avatar every single time you logon and check your personal page.
Or a stretched pussy with labia fully exposed...
Swinging site for adults this is, of course one purpose of it to be able to arrange consensual sex with like-minded adults.
But that doesn't mean to say people want to see erect cocks all over their home page, when they login, check their alerts and status's - only to be met with cock pic avatars.

And let me say one thing, the guys who DID have them, who now do not - after reading this thread, actually realised how it looked to others.

Freedom? If we allowed everyone to have their own personal slice of freedom to express whatever they wished on this site, we'd be quickly shut down. I can tell you that much.
How many people do you think like bloodplay, needleplay, scat, deep-arm fisting, watersports and even as far as to say some things that the average swinger may find deeply offensive?

Freedom to express, of course, but do people really want to be on a modern site where you have a following system, only for their followers page to be filled with pic upon pic of erect cock pics?

Clearly not, if the results in this vote are anything to go by...

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Oops I see replies were made while I was writing mine.. Sorry for the bombardment. :p

Also I fully agree with this statement from Therapon;

I voted not have dick pics as avatars simply because I would personally prefer them to be in the users album, if I want to know what they look like then I can find out there, assuming the user wishes to display their bits. Additionally my understanding is that the ethos of this site is to be different from all the other sites where dick pics and blocking are rife and as such many people have moved here to get away from that type of setup. As for freedom and a liberal approach I'd say that the site as an entity itself is doing that by giving us the user the option to belong to a site where dick pic avatars are not used, if I don't like that I have the freedom to use another site.

17 July 2015
City
London
Well of greater importance... Even greater then freedom... Is the building of a great site that serves the wider swinging community. If it is not too utopian a dream... A place where everyone is respectful of each other even if they want different things, where no offence is given or taken... Where people can laugh and have fun... And where you can make new aquaitnaces.... Meet and become great friends. This site is certaily in that utopian ball park, I just hope this change enhances that rather then detracts from it.

17 July 2015
City
London
Don't worry I don't feel bombarded... We are just having a debate. And I'm sure you realise I'm not arguing for dick avitars, but the freedom of people to choose them and that has to be balanced againts the freedom of people to chose NOT to see them. You make a good point about other types of photos, watersports etc but an even better point about too much freedom leading to anarchy. I could argue that those things are more fetish then swinging but I think that would be splitting hairs as they are all part of the wider lexicon of sex. I hope you see from my previous post where my loyalties lie.... In creating the best site possible... But I think it is good to air these issues

Reactions: Admin and Pearls

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
I hope you see from my previous post where my loyalties lie.... In creating the best site possible... But I think it is good to air these issues
Yes absolutely of course I do! And I think it's great to be able to debate like this with so much engagement from everyone.
No one's views would be rubbished or brushed off, as everyone is perfectly entitled to share their views... Each one is also discussed and mulled over.
It's called (as you know Troy) healthy debate, which so many sites just don't have anymore. Vanilla and non-vanilla.

M

meet_the_fockers

Don't worry I don't feel bombarded... We are just having a debate. And I'm sure you realise I'm not arguing for dick avitars, but the freedom of people to choose them and that has to be balanced againts the freedom of people to chose NOT to see them. You make a good point about other types of photos, watersports etc but an even better point about too much freedom leading to anarchy. I could argue that those things are more fetish then swinging but I think that would be splitting hairs as they are all part of the wider lexicon of sex. I hope you see from my previous post where my loyalties lie.... In creating the best site possible... But I think it is good to air these issues
This was my first opinion, to be honest... I thought hey come on now, it's up to the user surely to have the right to choose. I'm all for a little persuasion though.. Alas as I said previously, I've tried several times to, persuade, nag..., usually, our younger members who've jumped in my mail box proudly displaying that upstanding member.. to ditch their appendage, avatar, in favour of perhaps a torso, bum, oiled up chest shot.. Ok I'm getting carried away here.. To no avail the replies I've recieved as I said have been ooo la la.. So in this instance I've tried and failed. So unfortunately I think it should no longer be a users choice.. Hey ho keep him under wraps shove him in an album..first impressions an all that!! :D

B

blindfoldedandkinky

Should you really be on a swingers site if you are offended but pictures of a nudity and a sexual nature?....that is another thing question to mull over x

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Should you really be on a swingers site if you are offended but pictures of a nudity and a sexual nature?....that is another thing question to mull over x
Its not about that, people love to look at pics, we all do but this is about an avatar and people find them offensive, have as many as you want on your profile gallery for people to have a look as its down to choice then xx

Reactions: Admin
B

blindfoldedandkinky

If you find a particular avatar offensive then maybe your taste is different to the person in the profile so why be friends with them?
Surely you would go for interacting with people with similar tastes....

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
If you find a particular avatar offensive then maybe your taste is different to the person in the profile so why be friends with them?
Im not on about me and if someone was to follow me with a dick avatar then its on my profile, this is down to members and as you can see by the votes, Its what they want xx

M

meet_the_fockers

Guess it depends, what you seek really? This site is predominantly social, yes sure people are meeting for sex all the time.
As are we, but I also chat to an awful lot of people, socially I wouldn't meet for sex, but we are firm freinds. Hence there profile picture appears everytime I natter to them.. I get on with them we laugh.. But I'd rather have the choice.. To veiw their album if I'd like to go down the curious root of veiwing their cock.
Or of course there's the other blunt route.. A cock avatar depicts a bit of a cock, with very little imagination? :)

22 August 2015
City
Haxey

I don't think anyone on here is offended by nude photo's (i know were not) but the choice to view them has to be our own, we personally find avatar's like Pearls and meet-the-fockers and your own to be the one ones that spark the interest, leave you wanting to see more,, make you go into the profile to find out more..just our opinion. x

M

meet_the_fockers

I don't think anyone on here is offended by nude photo's (i know were not) but the choice to view them has to be our own, we personally find avatar's like Pearls and meet-the-fockers and your own to be the one ones that spark the interest, leave you wanting to see more,, make you go into the profile to find out more..just our opinion. x
Ooooo you dirty things you! :D

TownhouseTwosome

VIP Member
5 April 2015
I personally think that your avatar should be a personal choice, however I also think that as part of the sign up process, new members should be encouraged to select a more tasteful, sexy pic as this will draw more people to their profile and leave the genital pics for their album to be viewed by those who want to see them. I don't like cock/pussy shot profile pics, not because I'm a prude (hell no!) I just don't want it to be the first thing I see when viewing a profile. I like a bit of intrigue and actually when arranging meets, I rarely do so with people who have an abundance of genital shots and nothing else. When I see a cock shot I'm like, 'yeh well done, you can hold an erection,' then move on. Yawn yawn yawn. xxx

M

meet_the_fockers

I personally think that your avatar should be a personal choice, however I also think that as part of the sign up process, new members should be encouraged to select a more tasteful, sexy pic as this will draw more people to their profile and leave the genital pics for their album to be viewed by those who want to see them. I don't like cock/pussy shot profile pics, not because I'm a prude (hell no!) I just don't want it to be the first thing I see when viewing a profile. I like a bit of intrigue and actually when arranging meets, I rarely do so with people who have an abundance of genital shots and nothing else. When I see a cock shot I'm like, 'yeh well done, you can hold an erection,' then move on. Yawn yawn yawn. xxx
Oh god do I have remove my flange pics again? :rolleyes: