Eu....stay Or Go?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1402
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
  • Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
W

MOTM

24 October 2018
The whole thing has been a farce from the beginning.. These mp, s now it's like the lunatics taking over the asylum.. Politics in this country is an absolute joke.. None of the parties are fit to run the country and I think its only going to get worse.. There only bothered about getting into power.. The British public don't matter.. Its such a sorry state of affairs.. Like they said in dad's army.. WE'RE ALL DOOMED.. .. W..

W

MOTM

24 October 2018
I know this is off topic but when I was driving through a section of average speed cameras this morning 4 foreign lorries came flying past me..I have just read an article that says due to an Eu loophole foreign drivers in this country are not getting fined for speeding on U.K. Roads because Europe legislation makes it too difficult to trace drivers...I think the question is why are they allowed on our roads and that's not in any kind meant as a racist statement but as a safety statement...they have basically got a free pass to drive how they want on our roads whereas uk residents get fined for a couple of mile an hour over....that's it rant over....W..(n):(

MP386

MOTM

9 November 2015
I know this is off topic but when I was driving through a section of average speed cameras this morning 4 foreign lorries came flying past me..I have just read an article that says due to an Eu loophole foreign drivers in this country are not getting fined for speeding on U.K. Roads because Europe legislation makes it too difficult to trace drivers...I think the question is why are they allowed on our roads and that's not in any kind meant as a racist statement but as a safety statement...they have basically got a free pass to drive how they want on our roads whereas uk residents get fined for a couple of mile an hour over....that's it rant over....W..(n):(
There’s a couple of sections on the M20 to and from the Channel Tunnel and Dover Docks ... the foreign plated lorries haven’t grasp the concept of average speeds... so it’s happening all over ...oh and the most people apparently avoiding paying the Dart Charge is overseas drivers .... and that’s owned and run by the French...

Last edited:
W

MOTM

24 October 2018
There the one's in the article.. There was 900 UK drivers fined£100+ and 400 foreign lorries that got away with it.. It was the m20 but how many are doing it throughout the UK.. This country is a joke..

10 July 2018
says due to an Eu loophole foreign drivers in this country are not getting fined for speeding on U.K. Roads because Europe legislation makes it too difficult to trace drivers...
Not quite a loophole… just that we (as in the UK) have a different way of deciding who’s responsible. If anything, it’s the UK who are the anomaly.

In most of the EU, the registered owner of a vehicle can be - not always is - held responsible for the use of a car in a crime. So if A lends his car to B and B then commits a traffic offence, B is the one liable to criminal prosecution, and A is obliged under law to tell police who was driving it… and if not, A can get done for it as if he was driving.

So, Monsieur Poirot (Belgian) lends his car to a (Belgian) friend. Said friend speeds, police don’t know who was driving; Poirot can prove it wasn’t him but keeps shtum about who was driving. Poirot can often be held legally liable for the offence.

In the UK, we decided ages ago that it was solely the driver at the time of the offence who’s responsible.

So, I in the UK lend my car to a friend in the UK. He speeds, police don’t know who was driving; I can prove it wasn’t me but I keep shtum about who was driving. I can possibly be done for perverting course of justice but I’m not liable for the speeding offence.

The only difference if it’s Poirot’s car whose Belgian friend drives in the UK is that Poirot can’t be done for perverting the course of justice from Belgium.

Almost all so called ‘loopholes’ identified by newspapers are just reporters not liking, or not understanding, the law, as it stands.

This one was our choice to not do what the rest of Europe did and make the registered owner liable for the acts of the driver. Plenty of arguments for and against it, but it’s not a loophole; it’s how the law’s supposed to work.

Reactions: Welshcouple59
W

MOTM

24 October 2018
It still sends out the wrong message.. Just before Xmas a foreign van driver hit 7 cars in our street.. The police turned up said they had checked the driver out and everything was legal.. Now 8 months later my daughters insurance company still hasn't sorted the claim because the driver wasn't insured and the police have said it's for the insurance to sort out.. Something needs to change..

10 July 2018
It still sends out the wrong message..
Oh, I agree, completely. I just suspect we disagree on the message being sent : - )

I think the message being sent is ‘don’t trust the newspapers when they tell you “it’s a loophole” ‘ : - )

Just before Xmas a foreign van driver hit 7 cars in our street.. The police turned up said they had checked the driver out and everything was legal.. Now 8 months later my daughters insurance company still hasn't sorted the claim because the driver wasn't insured and the police have said it's for the insurance to sort out.. Something needs to change..

As far as I’m aware, driving in the UK without insurance is a criminal offence, in and of itself. However, yes, it’s nuts that the police won’t take action to enforce that, including - if necessary - extraditing under the European arrest warrant… while we’re still part of it!

Reactions: Pearls
19 March 2015
And everyone knows that as a general use of thumb, I don’t answer the question xx

(Only pop into this thread when there’s something where I think I can genuinely add light to a discussion, not heat. x )
Indeed and that’s fine - to do as you wish in the thread I mean.
Given my stance, I too only try to add anything that I feel could be contributory in a good way or to help highlight or ask questions etc.

26 October 2018
Hands up everyone who thought yesterday’s proceedings in parliament were a total farce !! We have now turned Brexit into Hotel California! Ffs three years to get to this pile of crap !!
Seething from Lincoln :mad::mad::mad:

Reactions: Deleted member 6485
19 March 2015
See, thing is, when you decide to overturn and attempt to overturn democracy - it sets a real and very dangerous precedent.