Facebook Data Leak And Farming/harvesting

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
19 March 2015
But, with all due respect, that is not really a simple solution for some people. Some folks use it to keep in touch with family and friends or to keep updated on various activities/groups etc.
For those people, would the above extension help?
Gawd don't be so touchy! It was a tongue in cheek comment sheesh.. Get another coffee QM :p
Anyway yes.
What this does is isolate.
Whereas a technical option would be to suggest; VPN, Proxy, ToR or a browser that will not allow tracking via cookies and JS or HTML embedded elements, which let's face it is a headache, what this does is totally isolate the tab and FB into it's own nursery.
That way no tracking JS or cookies can be used when you leave that tab and move on elsewhere. Therefore becoming untraceable.
So, and this is what you would expect from FF, this is similar to an in tab private browsing session, but totally isolated and without the need to constantly try and open a new in-private session, rather have it by default using the said extension.
Good find. :)

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Have to roll eyes.. How the hell did anyone survive without FB. We have family in America that we speak to regular through video calling from a phone.
So many people in panic mode over this, get a grip its bloody social media mun. If in doubt shut it down, simples.. It's a good platform for advertising and business but anything else, sorry too many moaners, bullies, look at me types and bullshiters. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: Baldrick
4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
Have to roll eyes.. How the hell did anyone survive without FB. We have family in America that we speak to regular through video calling from a phone.
So many people in panic mode over this, get a grip its bloody social media mun. If in doubt shut it down, simples.. It's a good platform for advertising and business but anything else, sorry too many moaners, bullies, look at me types and bullshiters. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Lolz.

Quite.

It's just 'cos it's easy to sign up to, it's probably already got all your friends on it and it provides a sense of 'being connected'.

I've never had a FB account. I don't save passwords on my computers. I change the settings on my browser.

I opt out, as far as possible.

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Lolz.

Quite.

It's just 'cos it's easy to sign up to, it's probably already got all your friends on it and it provides a sense of 'being connected'.

I've never had a FB account. I don't save passwords on my computers. I change the settings on my browser.

I opt out, as far as possible.
I don't have an account, or any other social media apart from a business one x

5 July 2016
City
Ossett

To be honest I skimmed over the article and didn't really understand much of it.
I don't think my Facebook information particularly valuable to anybody, all my info is quite vague.
If somebody wants to know what my Aunties Sisters uncles Roomates Dog is called, then I suppose it could be useful :confused:.

B x

10 July 2018
Good to see that FB are being hit with the maximum fine that the ICO can issue. £500,000 over this data leak.
Yep, can’t disagree. About as serious a fuckup as possible, and should have been stung as hard as possible.

Not on Facebook, so the only way my data was involved was if/when people’s address books were scooped. Oddly, I came off some years ago precisely because I had issues with their privacy stuff. Not that I thought they’d been scraping data, but because I was fed up having to change the settings ever couple of weeks... and because I assumed they were flogging my data.

Reactions: Pearls
19 March 2015
Yep, can’t disagree. About as serious a fuckup as possible, and should have been stung as hard as possible.

Not on Facebook, so the only way my data was involved was if/when people’s address books were scooped. Oddly, I came off some years ago precisely because I had issues with their privacy stuff. Not that I thought they’d been scraping data, but because I was fed up having to change the settings ever couple of weeks... and because I assumed they were flogging my data.
Completely agreed. Pretty much my stance too. (y) they needed a whopping smack to make a serious example of them.

10 July 2018
Completely agreed. Pretty much my stance too. (y) they needed a whopping smack to make a serious example of them.
This thread has always stuck in my head, especially since the Information Commissioner has, in general, been prudent with fines.

But the IC hit two firms hard this week:

1/ ICO levels first ever GDPR fine against AggregateIQ - The company has 30 days to audit its data practises, or face the maximum £17 million fine

2/
Equifax hit with maximum £500,000 fine after massive security breach - The firm narrowly avoids facing a multi-million pound fine under GDPR

Reactions: Pearls and Therapon
19 March 2015
This thread has always stuck in my head, especially since the Information Commissioner has, in general, been prudent with fines.

But the IC hit two firms hard this week:

1/ ICO levels first ever GDPR fine against AggregateIQ - The company has 30 days to audit its data practises, or face the maximum £17 million fine

2/
Equifax hit with maximum £500,000 fine after massive security breach - The firm narrowly avoids facing a multi-million pound fine under GDPR
Yes I too read about this and thought;
Good about time and finally good to see great use of GDPR.
Shame that the other site is yet to have itself dragged over hot coals. We’ve people on here who have gone through hell and under current legislation they’d be toast.
Time. Time is our friend. X

19 March 2015
Most of the content will be **** but the user info is a different matter.
It’s the user info that’s worth £bn’s... ouch.
Over Cambridge Analytical FB lost a few BN overnight! This will hit them where it hurts.
Backdoor entries.
No, that is not a pun. :D

Therapon

Admin
11 August 2015
It’s the user info that’s worth £bn’s... ouch.
Over Cambridge Analytical FB lost a few BN overnight! This will hit them where it hurts.
Backdoor entries.
No, that is not a pun. :D

Yes they might actually do something this time but I guess only the minimum required. Never been a fan of sickbook.

19 March 2015
Yes they might actually do something this time but I guess only the minimum required. Never been a fan of sickbook.
Same. Came off a long time ago and well you know what I was involved in years back with them.
Anyway, it will be, as per, too little too late. Now, that doesn’t bother me and I won’t lose one iota of sleep over it. But so many people are on there! They have little idea as to how their data is used and how often it’s exploited. Bad days again for data protection.
Lulz! And webmasters are shitting bricks over GDPR!
It’s good for businesses, just so many choose not to see it as so.

Reactions: Deleted member 6485