Facebook Data Leak And Farming/harvesting

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
19 March 2015
I think I should become a hacker and get into computer security... but then I might wind up poisoned with an horrific nerve-agent in some sleepy English city :eek:
Yes! How frightening. They'd hunt you down and find all the dooberies on your PC too! Oooer..... :p
hacking back in the day was "fun" , now it's bloody lucrative!

T

The_Bibas

I think you'll find the issue is bigger than you.

It affects governments and large corporations and how they interact. :)

Ahhhhhh so it is totally bollocks then. Corrupt people using corrupt means to corrupt people...
As I said Feck all I can do about . Don't give a flying feck about it....
Sheep leading sheep hun

Xx

Reactions: Pearls
4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
As part of the Channel 4 investigation, executives said Cambridge Analytica and its parent company Strategic Communications Laboratories (SCL) had worked in more than 200 elections across the world, including in the Czech Republic.

"We've just used a different organisation to run a very, very successful project in an Eastern European country where... no-one even knew they were there," company executive Mark Turnbull said.

Cambridge Analytica's website also says it was involved in political campaigning in Italy in 2012, on behalf of a "resurgent political party last successful in the 1980s".

"CA's suggested reforms allowed the party to perform beyond its initial expectations at a time of turbulence in Italian politics," it says.

But the role of SCL goes back much further. It claims to have helped the Orange Revolution in 2004 in Ukraine which helped bring the pro-Western President Viktor Yushchenko to power.

"SCL succeeded in maintaining the cohesion of the coalition to ensure a hard-fought victory," an old post on the SCL website reads.

More recently, SCL says it was hired by the Ukrainian government to provide "localised communications campaigns" to help them win back control of Donetsk during the conflict in eastern Ukraine.

"The final project report was delivered to the President of Ukraine...this report was pivotal in later national decisions," the company says.

The global reach of Cambridge Analytica

9 September 2017
I don't think people, particularly those in this country, realise how much they are monitored by the authorities.
From CCTV cameras on every street corner to personal data collection at every opportunity, it really baffles me that the general public is happy to sleepwalk their way to 1984.

The stuff most people are aware of really is the snowflake on the tip of the iceberg.

Governments rely on people behaving like sheep and trotting out the mantra "If you've got nothing to hide then you've got nothing to worry about"
Well!! If you've got nothing to worry about is it ok for me to march uninvited into your house at any time I like and have a good rummage through your drawers?
What do you mean "No"?
What's the issue if you've got nothing to hide?

Did you know government agencies now have the power to look into your bank accounts, without your permission or knowledge if they merely "suspect" any sort of financial or criminal impropriety?
When authorities give themselves permission to invade people's private affairs on a whim because someone says they suspect foul play then we should all look at the lessons of history that show how evil totalitarian states begin.

For me personally, none of this matters as I've never done anything wrong and I've only ever put anything on the net that I'd freely say to anyone that knows me. Nothing would shock my mum :whistle::unsure::ninja:

19 March 2015
This is a video explaining some of it, if you think it's important enough to sit and watch it.

In my personal opinion, I think this has somewhat been twisted in a typical journalistic way to make CA appear worse than Satan himself. You can see it's very biased reporting and some things out of context if you watch and listen carefully.
However, it does show what is achievable with the right access, the right knowledge and know how.

Now here's something to think about;
The recent alleged "Russian" involvement in the poisoning case (Novichok inquiry) in Wiltshire, plus also the discovery of an ex-Russian spy cum defector, raises a question doesn't it?
We know propaganda is decisively effective if deployed correctly. So what's to say that these spies and their unfortunate demise are not a trick by the Home Office, MI5 et al, in order to sway opinion towards the Russians, when we're at a time that Putin is gaining popularity across many countries outside of Russia?
Who is to say that CA are not a part of this but now are facing exposé, as part of a deliberate whistleblowing campaign, in order to hide some of these spies and some of what our own government are doing?
Fact is, we have no idea.

19 March 2015
essay..lol. I will write a book.. will post a few links later you can read and digest , back to sleep if you think the uk is not monitoring people's movements ..cc

By doing this - Which is incredibly cheap and simple, you can get people’s MAC addresses, IP (not really a huge thing is IP really) but also device specific details too. A gateway into digital life behind the screen.

Reactions: Therapon and Pearls
7 December 2017
City
Bristol
Why you really need to get off FB

Cambridge Analytica, a British firm, has been caught out with over 50 million users' profiling, analytics, data, information, friends information and more data than you can throw a stick at.

You've probably heard something about it in the news, but do you really know what it means and most of all, what it means for you?

They harvested data and information using an API and their very clever (it really is) technology.
They (Cambridge Analytica, or for this thread CA) promised to FB that they anonymised the data and destroyed it, after FB execs requested it.
However, it seems CA actually sold the data to 3rd parties, which is a practice frowned upon by FB in a big way.

They have broken laws and created a massive issue over exploitation, I.D theft, personal data leak and so much more.
As some of you know, we don't have any FB accounts after deleting them a good few years ago. But we use them for the site.
Are you on there? Do you know what's happened with your information?
Do you understand what they've done & what has actually happened?

If so will you remain on there or shut your account down including all associated data?
Over to you... :)
I have FB, I don't quite understand this fully but should I remove all personal details, my account is open for all to see.

19 March 2015
I have FB, I don't quite understand this fully but should I remove all personal details, my account is open for all to see.
That's only a decision you can make, but I'd be very wary. We left FB a long time ago and will never go back. That said, we also have no digital footprint as such personally. It's something I would be wary of. It's not so much what they have - as they have that, it's done. It's how specific it's all been in targeted propaganda.

Reactions: Pearls and Lulu
7 December 2017
City
Bristol
That's only a decision you can make, but I'd be very wary. We left FB a long time ago and will never go back. That said, we also have no digital footprint as such personally. It's something I would be wary of. It's not so much what they have - as they have that, it's done. It's how specific it's all been in targeted propaganda.
So nothing I can do?
Are we talking media, locations or all?

7 December 2017
City
Bristol
You can limit who sees your info on FB, but also be mindful of what Apps you use especially any 3rd party FB Apps as that's the key issue here. x
I don't think I use apps.
If I change my settings will that help?

19 March 2015
I don't think I use apps.
If I change my settings will that help?
Yes but it's deeper than that. You could change it all to only you, and what access it gained through your account. But this is definitely deeper than that sadly. x
If that concerned; I'd close it.

Reactions: Pearls and Lulu
27 July 2017
But this is definitely deeper than that sadly.

It comes down to mass surveillance facebook is only one of many where data about you it looked at and stored , I wouldn't worry to much about it just take it as living in a surveillance state, obviously don't apply for a high ranking job..lol.. its called "computer network exploitation" {CNE} harvesting {sounds so innocent} all your data using such programs as xkeyscore, tempora and many more in the usa they use "heartbeat" and many more with names like . starwars, stringray, which make them harder to google..lol .if you are going to worry then watch this lov the anonymous part. anyone think you have nothing to worry about..

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
This is a video explaining some of it, if you think it's important enough to sit and watch it.

In my personal opinion, I think this has somewhat been twisted in a typical journalistic way to make CA appear worse than Satan himself. You can see it's very biased reporting and some things out of context if you watch and listen carefully.
However, it does show what is achievable with the right access, the right knowledge and know how.

Now here's something to think about;
The recent alleged "Russian" involvement in the poisoning case (Novichok inquiry) in Wiltshire, plus also the discovery of an ex-Russian spy cum defector, raises a question doesn't it?
We know propaganda is decisively effective if deployed correctly. So what's to say that these spies and their unfortunate demise are not a trick by the Home Office, MI5 et al, in order to sway opinion towards the Russians, when we're at a time that Putin is gaining popularity across many countries outside of Russia?
Who is to say that CA are not a part of this but now are facing exposé, as part of a deliberate whistleblowing campaign, in order to hide some of these spies and some of what our own government are doing?
Fact is, we have no idea.
There is one big question hanging in the air here:

Sure, Cambridge Analytica claims to be able to influence opinion and tip elections... but can it?

19 March 2015
forget cne hacking or web design the future..is encryption ..with a y..
I said the same thing to one of our sons earlier actually. As I stated to him; DDoS, hacking, web design/dev, coding is all great fun = but encryption, bounty hunting (no not killing type), day zero hacks and deployment are really where the future is and where the money lies too.

Just think, each day in I.T you think you are ahead, there is someone years ahead of you.
Frightening game in the end.
There's so much involved even in say SSL certifications that is mind blowing. How the chains work, how the packets are transmitted, how easy it is to eavesdrop.
As @Corfu_Connie_john have mentioned previously - there are watchers and sniffers (not that kind either lol) monitoring traffic. We'd be green to think otherwise.
But it's not you or I, who enjoy sex with our friends lol or spanking or even tying people up and flogging them, that they're after... no... they're after the more sinister side of these sites and what some of it can bring.
Sadly we've been on the brunt of that and while I can't and won't go into details, it was a frightening experience. 100% not cricket in the least and something I never expected to deal with at all.

Additionally, they're after serious organised crime and terror related things that can be used from our dedicated servers for example, by using the centres to transmit offensive material and terror related propaganda and so forth.
Think I am starting to ramble now, but that's because this is such a broad subject.

T

The_Bibas

Seriously who cares... Jesus people have a wank if you need a release ...

Bloody hell
X

5 July 2016
City
Ossett
Right then the promise nobody asked me to keep........:)

Data gathering has been rife for hundreds of years by our governments. As an example I literally knew nothing about my family tree beyond my Grandparents but using just census information, births, marriages and deaths, I have been able to trace my family back two hundred years. Not only that I have been able to paint a modest picture of their lives and their incomes based on this information.

Fast forward to the present day and just imagine what the government and third parties can do now. It doesn't matter if you use Facebook or not, somebody can still profile you based on your everyday actions albeit with a bit more work. An email address is a big key to this.

As an example only and I emphasise this is complete fiction, let's use @Admin as a guinea pig:-
When you sign up to a site you generally use your email address and a create a password. Now a lot of people use the same password for many things.
This evil admin might think "hmm I wonder if Baldrick uses the same password for his email address". He tries to log in to my email and is succesful. He will then find receipts of websites I've used to shop online and he might try to login to those sites using the same password. Perhaps he's found what bank I use and tried to login to that but I've been a bit more savvy here and used a different password. Well no problem for evil admin cos he can request a password reset to my email address he's hacked and boom he's in my bank. Obviously and I emphasise again that this is fiction however it is reasonable to presume that there are people out there who can do this.

Do you think you don't leave a digital footprint? Are you online now? Do you think that your location cannot be pinpointed by the boffins? Hell even @Admin has the technology to trace my IP address, walk down my street and maybe even pinpoint and knock on my front door.
Do you shop online? Ever used your bank/credit cards online? Do you have online shopping accounts with retailers? Have you noticed how they can personally tailor products you might like to buy? This is through buying history and data collection. I even get products advertised to me through the Xbox and Playstation based on games I have played!

What about all these terms and conditions we all click yes to? Just why does Candy Crush need access to my media and friends lists? O2 once put my phone bill up by 2.5%. As I argued I'm in a contract and I agreed to £40 a month and no more they pointed out the T&C's I had agreed to saying they can alter my charges as and when they see fit :eek:.

Anyway the point is that unless you live isolated, in a tent in the wilds, bathing in streams and have a diet of berries and woodland creatures, then you are completely traceable by somebody with the right set of skills. There is no stopping this digital revolution now, not while the governments and corporations can benefit from it.

The truth is out there.......

B x

Last edited:
27 July 2017
unless you live isolated, in a tent in the wilds, bathing in streams and have a diet of berries and woodland creatures,

That will be us then... but as you say your footprint is bigger then you think..

facebook like many should have used a "blockchain" to help user but hay ...

The truth is out there.......so is everything and i mean everything you have put on the internet..lol..

Therapon

Admin
11 August 2015
Having worked for a large telecoms business in the Internt access area, whatever systems you use you can be located, whatever site you use can be traced, what you type can be read. I also had MOD clearance and have worked in areas where my minder was armed and to put it simply, if you use the internet your information is, if required, available. Does it bother me, no because the reality is no-one is really bothered until you do certain things to trigger a protocol. So the likes of facebook are trivial in the bigger picture.