Here goes... Coronavirus.

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
19 March 2015

Unfortunately in German, but the traslator should translate the most important questions. Death rate 2.1%, 80% of them are over 80 years old with a poor medical history. The survival rate, when infected, even it should break out is 97.9% like nearly any other annual flu. Protect our elderly and act as normal, wash your hands as grandma told you already as you was a little child..and everything is okay
You know that this is a pneumococcal type disease and not influenza yes?

Reactions: Therapon and Pearls
J

Jurgen

You know that this is a pneumococcal type disease and not influenza yes?
Have you read what the virologist says? No ..? And we live in capitalism, one can assume that he cannot put too much into perspective, otherwise it will no longer receive state subsidies.

Reactions: Therapon
19 March 2015
Have you read what the virologist says? No ..? And we live in capitalism, one can assume that he cannot put too much into perspective, otherwise it will no longer receive state subsidies.
So by your thought process, only the elderly die and it’s a flu?
I think I’m happy to trust our CMO and PM tbh. Our amazing NHS are leading the way and advising our government. I know who I trust most.

Reactions: Tiger and Pearls
J

Jurgen

I don't want to change your mind here, everyone should decide for themselves. The brainwashing media work, at least flawlessly, like all too often. In my opinion, everyone is overreacting , panic buying, Restrictions of freedom ... it remains the cui bono.

J

Jurgen

...and by the way.The virologist Prof. Christian Drosten who has been researched SARS-CoV-2 as well as hardly anyone else , is not a fool. Everyone is now asking for advice from the director of the Virology Institute at the Berlin Charité.

19 March 2015
I don't want to change your mind here,
You won’t. ??

I don't want to change your mind here, everyone should decide for themselves. The brainwashing media work, at least flawlessly, like all too often. In my opinion, everyone is overreacting , panic buying, Restrictions of freedom ... it remains the cui bono.
I think some of it is immediate knee jerk reaction by the public. Mass hysteria. But I don’t think this is anything to be sniffed at tbh.

Reactions: Therapon and Pearls
19 March 2020
Whatever the statistics may be (lots of the numbers are not peer reviewed, and change daily), there appears to be two drugs that doctors can administer to help you to not die whilst your body deals with the infection. This is not a cure, but a way to help the immune system fight more effectively. It's progress of some sort, and just hours earlier it was tentatively reported that USA has found a drug that may also help, but it was with a very small sample of patients (N=3).

These are exciting times and I hope all those who initially panic shopped are now realising it was unnecessary! Supermarket workers seem upbeat at least and report most shoppers are positive and adhere to the rules.

19 March 2020
I wonder how we will both get on as key workers..we have to go in..maybe we will get a permit so we’re allowed out the house..what about people going for food shopping..is someone going to follow you..W..(n)

I've seen in Spain that police drive around telling people to go home, and have also used drones with loudspeakers to fly over public places telling people to go home. Pharmacy and food shopping is allowed even in lockdown. Just today, one of the senior chief medical officers said children can still go out and play but as a family unit, not with vulnerable people, or adults.

As I understand, the government (yet) can't legally enforce a full-on quarantine, e.g. where it arrests people who go out (I could be wrong on that!), so it's shutting places where people are likely to spread it to discourage people going out. As a key worker, you'd go to work as normal I assume.

The dystopia is here!

19 March 2015
I've seen in Spain that police drive around telling people to go home, and have also used drones with loudspeakers to fly over public places telling people to go home. Pharmacy and food shopping is allowed even in lockdown. Just today, one of the senior chief medical officers said children can still go out and play but as a family unit, not with vulnerable people, or adults.

As I understand, the government (yet) can't legally enforce a full-on quarantine, e.g. where it arrests people who go out (I could be wrong on that!), so it's shutting places where people are likely to spread it to discourage people going out. As a key worker, you'd go to work as normal I assume.

The dystopia is here!
Yes agreed. This is going down in the history books for today’s kids to learn tomorrow. Mental stuff.

25 July 2016
City
Tamworth
Would we visit a swinging club while the country is trying to deal with a virus. No we wouldn’t.
It’s up to each individual to weight up the risks and make their own mind up. While we are not in the high risk group, Mrs Brum dies suffer with bad chest infections during the winter months. So I have to be extra careful. So we Wight the pros and cons and the cons won. Swinging will still be here in 12 months and we are happy to wait

19 March 2020
Would we visit a swinging club while the country is trying to deal with a virus. No we wouldn’t.
It’s up to each individual to weight up the risks and make their own mind up. While we are not in the high risk group, Mrs Brum dies suffer with bad chest infections during the winter months. So I have to be extra careful. So we Wight the pros and cons and the cons won. Swinging will still be here in 12 months and we are happy to wait
I think all the swinging sites should disable the 'meeting / events ' feature as a stand of solidarity. Even if people _want_ to meet, it should be made more difficult to do it. Now is a unprecedented time where we need to work together as a community to save lives tomorrow, not as individuals seeking gratification.

Reactions: Pearls and Therapon
19 March 2015
I think all the swinging sites should disable the 'meeting / events ' feature as a stand of solidarity. Even if people _want_ to meet, it should be made more difficult to do it. Now is a unprecedented time where we need to work together as a community to save lives tomorrow, not as individuals seeking gratification.
Really? Well that is a bit flaky tbh.

Reactions: Pearls
19 March 2020
Italy reaches almost 50,000 infected and 627 deaths in 24hrs
I was reading that what didn't help Italy was the annual "Battle of Oranges" festival mid February where lots of people gathered and threw oranges at each other! It's a big thing over there and the largest food fight in the world! But sadly this year, it would have allowed lots of people to unknowingly infect others,

19 March 2015
I was reading that what didn't help Italy was the annual "Battle of Oranges" festival mid February where lots of people gathered and threw oranges at each other! It's a big thing over there and the largest food fight in the world! But sadly this year, it would have allowed lots of people to unknowingly infect others,
I can’t help but laugh at this. ? I shouldn’t but...
It’s very sad what’s happening in Italy though. ?