Here goes... Coronavirus.

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
19 March 2020
I can’t help but laugh at this. ? I shouldn’t but...
It’s very sad what’s happening in Italy though. ?

... and It'll be happening over here within 7-14 days :(

The UK Govt has made some interesting stats (click one of the two top "document" links:

Last edited:
19 March 2020
The UK Govt has made some interesting stats (click one of the two top "document" links:

You can see it's rising sharply now (this is the curve that the govt keep talking about and want to "flatten"). Comparing with other countries, the peak will shoot up and make our numbers so far look pathetic. The hospitals have a certain level of patients they can deal with, and by keep the peak as low as possible by isolating and delaying the transmission allows hospitals to deal with the influx of patients needing ventilators. If this peak goes up too high, too quickly we'll run out of equipment and people (young or old) will die.

J

Jurgen

Italy reaches almost 50,000 infected and 627 deaths in 24hrs

Statistics from Italy 19.03.2020: only five dead were younger than 40 years ... In Italy, the average age of those who died as a result of a coronavirus infection was 79.5 years. 70 percent of the dead had a negative medical history..

So, STOP THAT SHIT..STOP PANIK !!!! Can you hear me government and Media ?

D

Deleted member 11852

Italy and Spain is so bad because both countries are very family orientated and have an average of 3 generations living in the same house so its spreads through every house like wildfire.. W..:(

Reactions: MP386 and Jurgen
J

Jurgen

Italy and Spain is so bad because both countries are very family orientated and have an average of 3 generations living in the same house so its spreads through every house like wildfire.. W..:(
This is very true, a large population of old people, while young people, are leaving the country due to lack of work. And then we have envied the Mediterraneans for years because of their high age thanks to the climate and healthy cuisine. Therefore, more older people can die there. in the statistics also worse, because these countries have a disproportionately large number of old people.

Last edited by a moderator:
DandDforfun

MOTM

24 August 2019
City
Portsmouth
This is very true, a large population of old people, while young people, are leaving the country due to lack of work. And then we have envied the Mediterraneans for years because of their high age thanks to the climate and healthy cuisine. Therefore, more older people can die there. in the statistics also worse, because these countries have a disproportionately large number of old people.
I do seriously wonder if you will have the same ‘it’s ok to let them die’ attitude if you are lucky enough to get to their age! I don’t believe any life is of less value due to age I’m sure drs who are having to make these dreadful decisions do so with a very heavy heart !

J

Jurgen

I do seriously wonder if you will have the same ‘it’s ok to let them die’ attitude if you are lucky enough to get to their age! I don’t believe any life is of less value due to age I’m sure drs who are having to make these dreadful decisions do so with a very heavy heart !

I wonder where you read that I have a "let them die" attitude. I wrote the facts that show that the measures taken by governments around the world are excessive and that the virus alone is not the real reason for the media hype.

- School closings are counterproductive, because even my neighbor now takes care of the grandchildren as a grandpa. After all, dad and mom have to work.

-The economic order is probably being rearranged at the moment

-Please pay attention to the stock and precious metal markets

-After massive layoffs in the automotive sector thanks to Greta and climate hype, thanks to Corona the downward trend continues.

-Who benefits ... I'm sure you'll figure that out yourself.

Finally, I have a lot of old couples in the neighborhood who like to talk to me and they share my opinion.
I met an old couple in the mall, his frail wife pushed by him in the wheelchair. I asked her if it wasn't too risky to go to the mall now ... you should have heard the old woman.

People want panic, harsh measures and drama ... the young people wear masks and wear the hype, the old people show reason and remain calm and level-headed. That's it from my side.

DandDforfun

MOTM

24 August 2019
City
Portsmouth
I wonder where you read that I have a "let them die" attitude. I wrote the facts that show that the measures taken by governments around the world are excessive and that the virus alone is not the real reason for the media hype.

- School closings are counterproductive, because even my neighbor now takes care of the grandchildren as a grandpa. After all, dad and mom have to work.

-The economic order is probably being rearranged at the moment

-Please pay attention to the stock and precious metal markets

-After massive layoffs in the automotive sector thanks to Greta and climate hype, thanks to Corona the downward trend continues.

-Who benefits ... I'm sure you'll figure that out yourself.

Finally, I have a lot of old couples in the neighborhood who like to talk to me and they share my opinion.
I met an old couple in the mall, his frail wife pushed by him in the wheelchair. I asked her if it wasn't too risky to go to the mall now ... you should have heard the old woman.

People want panic, harsh measures and drama ... the young people wear masks and wear the hype, the old people show reason and remain calm and level-headed. That's it from my side.
Well I am unsure of your circumstances around the child care issues but I can assure you the view of schools closing is totally false - for all but a few who have a parent who is home and able to look after them. We still have around 3/4 of children falling into the extensive list of those to gain support and while not teaching on the traditional sense all teachers are pulling their weight and for the primary age section moving rapidly to gain new skills to teach on the internet learning platform.
I agree total hype and knee jerk reactions which in the long run the future generations will pay for. However with often most things written the care to life statistics come across very harsh for the unfortunate older population.

J

Jurgen

Well I am unsure of your circumstances around the child care issues but I can assure you the view of schools closing is totally false - for all but a few who have a parent who is home and able to look after them. We still have around 3/4 of children falling into the extensive list of those to gain support and while not teaching on the traditional sense all teachers are pulling their weight and for the primary age section moving rapidly to gain new skills to teach on the internet learning platform.
I agree total hype and knee jerk reactions which in the long run the future generations will pay for. However with often most things written the care to life statistics come across very harsh for the unfortunate older population.

As a final word from me, curfews are deprivation of liberty. we should all be aware of what is being "temporarily" abolished here. And afterwards we shouldn't let ourselves go with "why, the last few months went great". The traditional way in which governments keep their emergency powers illegitimate is to declare endless emergency situations.

I am just wondering at what point the population would carry the dropping of an aerosol bomb, same like shooting down a passenger plane in "terror case" ( remember Saddam Husseins mass destroy weapons

Be vigilant, democracy is under threat.

J

Jurgen

. However with often most things written the care to life statistics come across very harsh for the unfortunate older population.

No, they know their situation and act accordingly, at least the majority that I know.

19 March 2015
As a final word from me, curfews are deprivation of liberty. we should all be aware of what is being "temporarily" abolished here. And afterwards we shouldn't let ourselves go with "why, the last few months went great". The traditional way in which governments keep their emergency powers illegitimate is to declare endless emergency situations.

I am just wondering at what point the population would carry the dropping of an aerosol bomb, same like shooting down a passenger plane in "terror case" ( remember Saddam Husseins mass destroy weapons

Be vigilant, democracy is under threat.
I have to ask you this... why do you think democracy is under threat?
Also if I may, can I ask your nationality? For context. Thanks man.

Reactions: Therapon
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
The elderly are panicking, not all but think of the ones that are alone, my neighbour who is over 70 was crying in my arms on Monday because he’s worried he will die and leave a son who won’t be able to look after himself for many reasons. I have just been to see my Mam for the last time who lives in sheltered accommodation and many there are living in fear. I’ve come home worrying about these vulnerable people who are our back bone and what I just witnesses is not calm it’s pure fear of not knowing their own future right now.

J

Jurgen

I have to ask you this... why do you think democracy is under threat?
Also if I may, can I ask your nationality? For context. Thanks man.

....not only Noam Chomsky said that neoliberalism is destroying our democracy, also Rainer Mausfeld also warns of strategies and Methods of preventing democracy and reducing democracy. If you have never heard either of them before, or if you have never dealt with the instruments of power, my explanations will be too long. Stephen Hawking also expressed concerns about the privatization of the NHS. In short I see concerns in the simplicity of influencing masses for the benefit of the elites.

My nationality ...? Own thoughts and opinions have no nationality ...as said, each to his own , I don't want to convince anyone, everyone has to find out for themselves.

Reactions: Lips_Pearls
J

Jurgen

The elderly are panicking, not all but think of the ones that are alone, my neighbour who is over 70 was crying in my arms on Monday because he’s worried he will die and leave a son who won’t be able to look after himself for many reasons. I have just been to see my Mam for the last time who lives in sheltered accommodation and many there are living in fear. I’ve come home worrying about these vulnerable people who are our back bone and what I just witnesses is not calm it’s pure fear of not knowing their own future right now.

This is bad, and of course such people have to be helped, but not with curfews for the whole nation. Why is there no money to put the old man and his son in a care facility at short notice ..? .. there is enough money for war equipment and tax gifts for our rich? Banks and companies are already in the lifeboat and the government pledges aid, the little guy is allowed to die.
NHS nurses work in poor conditions for a small wage. Everything is supposedly too expensive, they want to privatize your NHS , private clinics are making huge profits now by renting beds to the taxpayers, means, to the NHS... Curfews, panic, and restrictions on freedom are not the right means ... it would have been prudent action on the part of the state, means for the elderly, nurses who can visit the elderly at home, benefits from social services ... but everyone has no money !! Why ? In times of crisis?

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
This is bad, and of course such people have to be helped, but not with curfews for the whole nation. Why is there no money to put the old man and his son in a care facility at short notice ..? .. there is enough money for war equipment and tax gifts for our rich? Banks and companies are already in the lifeboat and the government pledges aid, the little guy is allowed to die.
NHS nurses work in poor conditions for a small wage. Everything is supposedly too expensive, they want to privatize your NHS , private clinics are making huge profits now by renting beds to the taxpayers, means, to the NHS... Curfews, panic, and restrictions on freedom are not the right means ... it would have been prudent action on the part of the state, means for the elderly, nurses who can visit the elderly at home, benefits from social services ... but everyone has no money !! Why ? In times of crisis?
Your not keen on this country are you?
As for the old man and his son. I think he’d rather stay in the comfort of his home with good neighbours around him. ??

J

Jurgen

Your not keen on this country are you?
As for the old man and his son. I think he’d rather stay in the comfort of his home with good neighbours around him. ??

What ..? I'm not keen on this country ? Okay ... silly me,I sorry for saying my opinion here
-I have a " let them die attitude "
-I'm not keen on this country

I'm done .....

..and yes if the old man would prefer to live at home, fine ,but it is not neighbors cuppa tea to care for him ..the guy paid tax his whole live and can expect a wee bit care from his state . My Opinion

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
What ..? I'm not keen on this country ? Okay ... silly me,I sorry for saying my opinion here
-I have a " let them die attitude "
-I'm not keen on this country

I'm done .....

..and yes if the old man would prefer to live at home, fine ,but it is not neighbors cuppa tea to care for him ..the guy paid tax his whole live and can expect a wee bit care from his state . My Opinion
You just seem very angry at this country I may be wrong.

MyKinkyWorld

Handsome and Debonair
25 November 2017
I read the posts and I would have liked to reply to many of them, but I'll write only that till now we are crying almost 5000 people who are sons, parents, grandparents of someone. I love to remind myself that we are on this world because of them who have raised us and therefore we are going on trying to save each life, because everyone deserves this. There are not more or less important people. For me there are people. For me this is democracy. And if I have to stay at home I do it, because this is a moral duty before than a duty from the law. Voltaire wrote the our rights end where other people's rights begin so my rights to go out, to enjoy myself end when they meet the people's right of living.
This is only my opinion.

DandDforfun

MOTM

24 August 2019
City
Portsmouth
I read the posts and I would have liked to reply to many of them, but I'll write only that till now we are crying almost 5000 people who are sons, parents, grandparents of someone. I love to remind myself that we are on this world because of them who have raised us and therefore we are going on trying to save each life, because everyone deserves this. There are not more or less important people. For me there are people. For me this is democracy. And if I have to stay at home I do it, because this is a moral duty before than a duty from the law. Voltaire wrote the our rights end where other people's rights begin so my rights to go out, to enjoy myself end when they meet the people's right of living.
This is only my opinion.
... and I really like this opinion, it is about respect for all, everyone is entitled to life and as a society we should respect this - but sadly bad times can bring out the worse in many and the shopping situation is just disturbing, showing how people have unfortunately moved to a very ‘me’ attitude rather than ‘us’

19 March 2015
....not only Noam Chomsky said that neoliberalism is destroying our democracy, also Rainer Mausfeld also warns of strategies and Methods of preventing democracy and reducing democracy. If you have never heard either of them before, or if you have never dealt with the instruments of power, my explanations will be too long. Stephen Hawking also expressed concerns about the privatization of the NHS. In short I see concerns in the simplicity of influencing masses for the benefit of the elites.

My nationality ...? Own thoughts and opinions have no nationality ...as said, each to his own , I don't want to convince anyone, everyone has to find out for themselves.
I have of course heard of them, know of them and read their works.
I ask because you write in American English which makes me also think about the way we normally are: keep calm and carry on. Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way.
This.... how can I say.... irrational? Response is not typical British calm level headedness. You may think I’m not right with this, but I see that you don’t have that calmness and level headed ness we’re renowned for.
I cannot fathom why you’d see a serious viral outbreak, pandemic, as a way of governments closing ranks and squeezing us with control and power. I find that an odd suggestion given the nature of this pandemic. But that’s just me.