how long have you used the internet?

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Oh yeah it's fantastic! They all are, Reloaded is truly amazing - serious action film you are right my friend!.. One of the best sets of films I own.

M

meet_the_fockers

Hmmm since about 95, 96 I think, used dial up.. I can still remember that annoying, noise, as it dialled..
No-one could ever phone our house, tinernet was always on. I chatted on Aohell, and my screen name was sarky pants! Ha know surprise there then.. Oh I did have a spell as naughty fairy!

Reactions: Pearls and Admin
L

Lovers_For_Life

Hmmm since about 95, 96 I think, used dial up.. I can still remember that annoying, noise, as it dialled..
No-one could ever phone our house, tinernet was always on. I chatted on Aohell, and my screen name was sarky pants! Ha know surprise there then.. Oh I did have a spell as naughty fairy!

Morning....
Somehow, this does not surprise me.... :rolleyes: And have things improved, since then.....?? ;)

Reactions: Admin
M

meet_the_fockers

Surprise you? My name or the fact people couldn't get through lol..
Improved oh yes I would say so! ;D

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
I know @Sloughslut it's mad isn't it? I remember of course dial-up then we had 256 then 512kb.. 1mb if you were lucky!
Now, my upload is faster than most people's downloads!
on 160Mb here and 10 years ago we would have laughed if someone said that, or even tested 2Gbps speeds like they have been in London... x

L

Lovers_For_Life

Surprise you? My name or the fact people couldn't get through lol..
Improved oh yes I would say so! ;D
Neither - and both.... :D:D:D
Improved..... I'm interested all ready......:rolleyes:
In fact, we need more like you, on here, Mizz F....!! Get your friends to join......;)

M

meet_the_fockers

Neither - and both.... :D:D:D
Improved..... I'm interested all ready......:rolleyes:
In fact, we need more like you, on here, Mizz F....!! Get your friends to join......;)
Oh I see used again for my freinds! I've dragged a few across.. I'll get working on my recruitment drive! :rofl:

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Agreed @Sloughslut - back then it was indeed satellite only and available for business. The rest of us minions were on awful dial-up that hogged the phone lines and was glitchy to say the least.

Ahh you're bottlenecked. So in essence, yes you need to upgrade your PC's.
To give you an idea, I run an 8 core i7 processor, 32 GB DDr3 RAM, high end SSD's (OCZ Vertex 3's which are THE fastest in the world) and very high end equipment.
This means I get every little drop of my bandwidth with little to no restrictions.
based on your PC's being about 7+ years old, I will assume they are likely to have HT - hyperthreading enabled, dual core chips.
probably less than 1GB ram and maybe 250GB HDD.
So you're actually bottlenecking.

I would suggest considering a PC upgrade as your digital life would be reborn. Trust me.
Admin xx

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
There black, does that help?

Sarah x x x

haha.. :D no. :p
If you need one custom built, I'm your man (y)
Don't buy from a well known PC shop, as they're extortionate. I get huge discounts and build them for next to nowt.
So if you are ever in a position where you want one or two built, by all means give me a shout..
:) x

Reactions: Pearls

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Ahh that's more than enough! Pop in an SSD now and you'll be well away.. :)
8GB of RAM is really what matters, processors too of course, but theoretically more ram = faster computer.
If you ever need any help with computing etc, please do feel free to give me a nod.
That goes to all too.. I am always around if anyone's stuck with Viruses, malware or anything PC related.

Admin :) x

Therapon

Admin
11 August 2015
I worked out very early in life and computed (before computers) that the bigger the glass = more wine...

Sarah x x x
Now that's a real techie talking. :lol:
My background was working on mainframes, those huge water cooled things that took up a computer hall, as for the internet, are we talking WWW access? I used to work on computer comms so really used the internet before it was know as the internet - :eek: