how long have you used the internet?

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
28 May 2015
Agreed Terminator 2 was a great sequel.
Matrix Revolutions was.....erm...not.

There was a matrix video game which provided a detailed account of what another crew were doing at the same point in time as Neo and tied in really well with the films. I can't remember what the ship was called though :confused:

B x
I love all three! hehehe I'm a huge sci-fi fan. :) I had "Matrix: The Path of Neo" and "Matrix On-line" for the PC at one point.

Reactions: Therapon
5 July 2016
City
Ossett
I love all three! hehehe I'm a huge sci-fi fan. :) I had "Matrix: The Path of Neo" and "Matrix On-line" for the PC at one point.
Enter the Matrix was the game I had. You could play as Niobi or Ghost on board the ship Logos. It was a spin off but it all tied into the movies.

B x

Reactions: Drac Morbis
25 February 2016
I guess I must be the oldest member on here. After building my first computer in 1980 from a kit (Acorn Atom, £120 in kit form for 2 KB of RAM and 8 KB of ROM, no hard drive as it used a cassette recorder for data storage) I progressed to a BBC micro the following year. I bought a Prestel adaptor, see pic, which wasn't the Internet but it allowed connection to the Post Office's ViewData system. I could download, but not upload, as no server space was allocated to subscribers. The speed of the adaptor was 1200/75 baud (download/upload speeds). The adapter was a modem the size of a thin brick...

Acorn_ANE02_PrestelAdapterA.jpg

That was 1981, 36 (gulp) years ago...

I used to program in 6502 assembler, and later 8086 assembler code. Much later I got into PHP an JS, but like @Vex I just modified prewritten scripts for my own use.

Attachments

• Argus_500_1.JPG
    Argus_500_1.JPG
    10.5 KB · Views: 50
27 February 2017
City
Spalding
Oh the days good old days before when all we had was black n white or green screens for that matter the endless hours sat coding VB, Turbo Pascal, C++ and so on how things have changed now :tiphat:

Reactions: Baldrick
D

Deleted member 3411

Hmmm let me see. First internet action as we know it was 1995 using a Phillips XT pc that had a 250meg here drive and windows 3.1 . Then windows proper came out and I sorted a bigger pc. Was signed up for the old msn, and ICQ. it was while looking through that I discovered a woman who liked cyber sex talk.. . Been around since. Spent many hours in Paltalk when it was fun, but could never get on with chat rooms such as msn and Yahoo, both of which are now gone.
Earliest use of a pc though? Hmmm well my brother is the geek so he goes back to 1970, but my first interaction was using a base station at collage in Stevenage creating a paper tape...by hand...that ran a simple equation via land line to the computer in St Albans.

Reactions: Baldrick
D

Deleted member 1030

In about 1999, I started going to my local library and paying 50p per half hour to play Yahoo chess or download chords for songs that my band could play. Then, two years later, I got a set-top box that plugged into my TV and the phone line to open up the world of private online viewing. There were so many naked people!!! I didn't leave my flat for a fortnight!!!

5 July 2016
City
Ossett
I guess I must be the oldest member on here. After building my first computer in 1980 from a kit (Acorn Atom, £120 in kit form for 2 KB of RAM and 8 KB of ROM, no hard drive as it used a cassette recorder for data storage) I progressed to a BBC micro the following year. I bought a Prestel adaptor, see pic, which wasn't the Internet but it allowed connection to the Post Office's ViewData system. I could download, but not upload, as no server space was allocated to subscribers. The speed of the adaptor was 1200/75 baud (download/upload speeds). The adapter was a modem the size of a thin brick...

View attachment 39792

That was 1981, 36 (gulp) years ago...

I used to program in 6502 assembler, and later 8086 assembler code. Much later I got into PHP an JS, but like @Vex I just modified prewritten scripts for my own use.
Ah 1980 before I was even a twinkle in my Pa's Plums.
I don't know what the techie talk means but I remember my first schools had Acorn and BBC computers, only one at once mind.

B x

Reactions: Therapon
25 February 2016
Oh the days good old days before when all we had was black n white or green screens for that matter the endless hours sat coding VB, Turbo Pascal, C++ and so on how things have changed now :tiphat:
Black and white or green screens? I started out with systems that used teletype machines and punched paper tape readers/writers on the side!

28 May 2015
I used to code starting in GW-Basic, then Q-Basic, then later extensively in Turbo C++ when I ran a BBS in the early 90's. :)

@AlmeriaH haha Nice. My first modem was a Hayes 1200 baud that plugged into a wall socket. But shit man, it opened doors! Got "on-line" with Proidgy in like 1999 or so, then later started messing with BBSes. :D

26 July 2016
City
Bolton
Well it looks like I pre date you all as I first learned BBC Basic and helped a fledgeling company get started called Systime Computers of Leeds. I was in my teens and far too young to be employed by them but worked on in a minor way the computer that finally went on the space shuttle. Sadly my farther though that messing with computers had no real value other than a glorified type writer so I was made to put my mind into law books and stop pissing about with my future.

M

Mel007

I worked for Apple in the 1980 when the mac was launched.1984 to co inside with 1984 the book.. the advert was awesome .. look it up . An alternative to IBM.
I was education manager and worked with Cambridge university. They had developed the intranet a World Wide Web as they called it to communicate with other universities throughout the world . I was there when they were testing it from the lads in Cambridge . This will be huge.. they said . Xxx

Reactions: BoltonBiFemCpl
D

Deleted member 1030

I worked for Apple in the 1980 when the mac was launched.1984 to co inside with 1984 the book.. the advert was awesome .. look it up . An alternative to IBM.
I was education manager and worked with Cambridge university. They had developed the intranet a World Wide Web as they called it to communicate with other universities throughout the world . I was there when they were testing it from the lads in Cambridge . This will be huge.. they said . Xxx
I think you may have just won the thread :D(y)

5 July 2016
City
Ossett

I think you may have just won the thread :D(y)
Agreed, Mel built the internet :eek:

BNK
X

Reactions: Deleted member 6485
25 February 2016
Well it looks like I pre date you all as I first learned BBC Basic and helped a fledgeling company get started called Systime Computers of Leeds. I was in my teens and far too young to be employed by them but worked on in a minor way the computer that finally went on the space shuttle. Sadly my farther though that messing with computers had no real value other than a glorified type writer so I was made to put my mind into law books and stop pissing about with my future.

The Acorn Atom which I started on predated the BBC.... I learned Atom Basic which was even more quirky than that of the BBC. It even had the 6502 assembler built in, as did the Beeb. A lovely piece of kit!

To all non-technical readers - BBC in this thread refers to the British Broadcating Corporation. Just to clear up any doubts as to why I got my hands an a BBC at such a tender age.

Reactions: Drac Morbis