Local Phrases

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
D

Deleted member 1030

Having grown up in Swansea, with a mum from Birkenhead (and regular visits to family there) and a step-dad from Essex - which is where my Swansea-born dad moved to and where I now live with my Cockney wife (do keep up), I've picked up all sorts of phrases and sayings.
I still use Welsh-isms such as "it's all uphill down here", "who tied that dog loose?" and, of course "Tidy" (meaning great/good/nice/satisfactory) but I often use Birkonian/Scouse comments (especially when watching the footy) such as "Go 'ead, lad" "Auld get" and "yer can fook right off". Due to my current location, I'm constantly telling people to "leave it ahht!" and to "shaat ap!". However, I'm most proud that Lisa has picked up some things from me too, particularly that she says "mun" at the end of a sentence! :lol:

I absolutely love accents and colloquialisms and I've even got a few favourite jokes that depend on accents/local phrases. Unfortunately, these don't work very well in print (n)

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Having grown up in Swansea, with a mum from Birkenhead (and regular visits to family there) and a step-dad from Essex - which is where my Swansea-born dad moved to and where I now live with my Cockney wife (do keep up), I've picked up all sorts of phrases and sayings.
I still use Welsh-isms such as "it's all uphill down here", "who tied that dog loose?" and, of course "Tidy" (meaning great/good/nice/satisfactory) but I often use Birkonian/Scouse comments (especially when watching the footy) such as "Go 'ead, lad" "Auld get" and "yer can fook right off". Due to my current location, I'm constantly telling people to "leave it ahht!" and to "shaat ap!". However, I'm most proud that Lisa has picked up some things from me too, particularly that she says "mun" at the end of a sentence! :lol:

I absolutely love accents and colloquialisms and I've even got a few favourite jokes that depend on accents/local phrases. Unfortunately, these don't work very well in print (n)
So you are now and still living in Swansea? I thought you were out of here? o_O

Reactions: Pearls
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015

So where you live :whistle::whistle:

Reactions: Admin
M

meet_the_fockers

Hmm
Ta laa
Im going offie for some bifters
Kopped off wi him
Our lid
Come ead
Trabs
Traineees
Eww dats minging
Jarg
Knock off
Sack it la
Swerve it
Woolyback
Manc!!
Scally soft lad
Woolly back.
Me ma
Me da
Me bessie
The baby
Bevvie
Dey do dat do dont dey dough... :D
I'm winding yer up yer daft bints, come ead lets get on it ;) i dont speak at all like dis :D x

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Hmm
Ta laa
Kopped off wi him
Our lid
Come ead
Trabs
Traineees
Eww dats minging
Jarg
Knock off
Sack it la
Swerve it
Woolyback
Manc!!
Scally soft lad
Woolly back.
Me ma
Me da
Me bessie
The baby
Bevvie
I'm winding yer up yer daft bints, come ead lets get on it ;) i dont speak at all like dis :D x
Erm english :rofl::rofl: what is a trab :p

Reactions: Deleted member 1402
18 October 2015
City
Nantwich
Coudnt stop a pig in an alley
Some one with now legs

Have you got your baggin
Did you bring a packed lunch

18 October 2015
City
Nantwich
Hmm
Ta laa
Kopped off wi him
Our lid
Come ead
Trabs
Traineees
Eww dats minging
Jarg
Knock off
Sack it la
Swerve it
Woolyback
Manc!!
Scally soft lad
Woolly back.
Me ma
Me da
Me bessie
The baby
Bevvie
Our lid read our kid?

M

meet_the_fockers

Only 30 miles away from you our kid lol
You are well bugger me we should get on it big time. Ill get offie, you get some banging tunes on ill bring our lid.. stop off for some smokes.. sound mate come ead .. im wearing me traineeees .. i aint coming as no orange bird.
Its gunna be boss ye know mate..
On it like wallace n grommit.
Ai la swerve da bizzies on da way round yeah see ya in 10 la. ;)