Photo Verification For All Onsite?

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.

Shall the site consider enforcing PV (photo verification) to all members?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

meet_the_fockers

Seeing the numbers, I'm guessing that sooner or later PV will be required.
What about those of us with verifications that prove we are genuine, but who will not PV?
Baring in mind even a fairly tech-inept Neanderthal like me could fake one, what happens when a PV is proved to be fake, how could people have any faith in the system then?
This is one of the reaons people are encouraged to vote. Who knows which way the vote would go..

Reactions: Pearls

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Seeing the numbers, I'm guessing that sooner or later PV will be required.
What about those of us with verifications that prove we are genuine, but who will not PV?
Baring in mind even a fairly tech-inept Neanderthal like me could fake one, what happens when a PV is proved to be fake, how could people have any faith in the system then?
It's these points that need discussing and addressing.
Yes people do fake PV's as it stands now, but they do get spotted, rejected and either another request is made, or the account is banned etc. Usually when people fake one, they instantly rouse my suspicions - why fake one?
I've heard excuses from having no pens in the house, to no paper so used digital editing. :confused:

But it's points like this that need addressing and discussing. :)

Fetishswingers

VIP Member
6 October 2015
It's these points that need discussing and addressing.
Yes people do fake PV's as it stands now, but they do get spotted, rejected and either another request is made, or the account is banned etc. Usually when people fake one, they instantly rouse my suspicions - why fake one?
I've heard excuses from having no pens in the house, to no paper so used digital editing. :confused:

But it's points like this that need addressing and discussing. :)
I been told there always someone trying to out do the system/new rules soon as such. No one likes change he says x

Reactions: Pearls and Therapon

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
I been told there always someone trying to out do the system/new rules soon as such. No likes change he says x
Yes this is true, someone will always try it. Which is why it will never be 100% foolproof, but it does help already across the site.
We do need to know which way to go though and need to hear pro's and con's from all sides. :) x

10 March 2015
I think its great that these ideas are floated on the forums first, and I appreciate the efforts being made by admin to make the site more secure, although for every improvement in security, it could be said that its another restriction on those of us who are genuine. Its a tough call to make, and I for one don't envy the difficulties that these sort of choices raise for the admin team. I think sometimes we all take sites like this for granted, without realising just how much "behind the scenes" work is involved.

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
for every improvement in security, it could be said that its another restriction on those of us who are genuine.
Exactly and this is another thing we have to think about, and we have every step of the way here.
We do not want to lose genuine, friendly and active people, over a decision that could make or break this site as she currently stands.
It's a bold move and not something we're going into, with our eyes closed. We have to take on board every single argument for, and against and consider it and what actions and reactions it would have.
Not easy at all. It's very easy to say - "yes make it PV across the board" without thinking about the ramifications and what it means for those already here, and prospective members too.
I think its great that these ideas are floated on the forums first, and I appreciate the efforts being made by admin to make the site more secure, although for every improvement in security, it could be said that its another restriction on those of us who are genuine. Its a tough call to make, and I for one don't envy the difficulties that these sort of choices raise for the admin team. I think sometimes we all take sites like this for granted, without realising just how much "behind the scenes" work is involved.
Thank you for your kind words Mart. It's never easy and making decisions like this make it a lot harder. But it's always appreciated when people do actually realise the work that goes on in the background. Thank you. :)

Reactions: Pearls and Therapon
10 March 2015
Of course, goes without saying - people will be given chance, it won't be a do or die thing. If this were implemented all newbies would be given chance and time to do so, before being banned. (y)
Hmmm... well, I thought I'd scroll back, and see the various opinions on this... looks like we will be saying our goodbyes at some point, as I cant see it being fair that it would be "one rule for newbies, and a different rule for established members".
To echo the dude on "Hill Street Blues" (ask your parents lol)...

"Let's be careful out there".

Or, perhaps more appropriately, from Jerry Springer...

"Look after yourselves, and each other."

(Drops mic).
:tiphat:

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Hmmm... well, I thought I'd scroll back, and see the various opinions on this... looks like we will be saying our goodbyes at some point, as I cant see it being fair that it would be "one rule for newbies, and a different rule for established members".
To echo the dude on "Hill Street Blues" (ask your parents lol)...

"Let's be careful out there".

Or, perhaps more appropriately, from Jerry Springer...

"Look after yourselves, and each other."

(Drops mic).
:tiphat:
It completely depends on whether this goes ahead or not. It's not something we're just going to go ahead and do without taking into consideration everything.
So I wouldn't panic just yet. If implemented, this is not something that would happen overnight due to logistics.

Reactions: Therapon and Pearls

Fetishswingers

VIP Member
6 October 2015
It completely depends on whether this goes ahead or not. It's not something we're just going to go ahead and do without taking into consideration everything.
So I wouldn't panic just yet. If implemented, this is not something that would happen overnight due to logistics.
Could this be BREXIT Series 2 lol x

Last edited:
Reactions: Pearls
24 November 2015
You lot make me laugh on the no vote p v , 90% of us on here have either a driving licence or passport and these are held for 10years on record so that checks can be made , most get that you were involved in an accident call, where do you think they get your telephone number from next time ask them , I did and was told the national database so in that they have your no so they can trace your address and as some say they have verifications and pictures on their profiles so why not take a few seconds to get p v

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
You lot make me laugh on the no vote p v , 90% of us on here have either a driving licence or passport and these are held for 10years on record so that checks can be made , most get that you were involved in an accident call, where do you think they get your telephone number from next time ask them , I did and was told the national database so in that they have your no so they can trace your address and as some say they have verifications and pictures on their profiles so why not take a few seconds to get p v
Exactly, It's not hard and I love how all the SG never have an issue.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.