So, What Do You Consider Yourself To Be In The Bdsm Lifestyle..?

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.

What do you consider yourself to be in the BDSM lifestyle..?

• A Dom

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • A Domme

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • A sub

Votes: 25 58.1%
  • A little

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • A Daddy Dom

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • A Switch

Votes: 22 51.2%

• Total voters
19 March 2015
As per title, what do you consider yourself to be within the BDSM lifestyle?
We are firm believers that the two can mix, swinging and BDSM/Fetish - and at the end of each spectrum the two can crossover.
The other ends of the spectrum - of course not.. but the milder of the two, yes.

With that, some learn to get into the lifestyle through all sorts of things such curiosity or it's something naturally present in the person anyway - whether Dom/Domme, sub, little or switch..

As a piggyback from this thread, Submissive I wanted to make a poll to see where you sit with this.

So if you vote, please explain your answer too. You know it makes sense! ;)
I'll add maximum of 2 multiple choice votes for the switches/Dom's/Dommes among us :D x

Lovernotfighter

MOTM

3 February 2016
City
York
Me I suppose a switch because they doesn't seem to a 'A daddish Dom switch, who's also a stingy masochistic experimentalist, role playing lover, rope top and bottom, who sometimes with a long term partner also becomes quite the sadist' sure that's a common rope right?

19 March 2015
Me I suppose a switch because they doesn't seem to a 'A daddish Dom switch, who's also a stingy masochistic experimentalist, role playing lover, rope top and bottom, who sometimes with a long term partner also becomes quite the sadist' sure that's a common rope right?
There is that :D

14 April 2016
City
London
Mostly Dom, and identify with that role most easily and had the most experience involving Domination. However I do have a switch side, that has had very little exploration.

Reactions: Lips_Pearls
19 March 2015
Interesting results so far!...
Dom 2
Domme 1
Sub 3
Daddy Dom 1
Switch 3

For the record, I am naturally Dom and HRH is naturally my submissive. It's something she certainly would not do with someone else, nor would I even allow it to happen.
We live it pretty much 24/7 and it's our lifestyle not something we choose to act out.
We have a very different view of Dom/sub relationship to how the 'net portrays it to be however..
:) x

10 March 2015
Myself (Mart), I tend to think more like an ALPHA male, the term Dom I feel is slightly more fetish-based than what I am into.
Jayne is situationally sub, it depends on who we are playing with, and what their dynamic is. She likes to be sub to me sometimes, and enjoys subbing to other ladies and select guys, although sometimes enjoying being Domme with ladies.

Therapon

Admin
11 August 2015
I'd agree that swinging and bdsm can mix provided that people do not take things to the extreme. As for labels well they are simply that, they give you an idea about the person but they should never be taken for granted or fixed as people often change thier "label" to suit the occasion or the person they are with. Yes I voted and I would class myself as a submissive but only in the bedroom and only with the right person.

28 December 2016
City
Leicester
We choose to live a D/s lifestyle. We realised a long loooong time ago that this side of our natures was actually a big part of the attraction between us without even being able to label it back then.
We have grown together and learnt together it really has been an expansion and recognition of our inner personalities I think more than anything through reading everything I could lay my hands on, talking to those we respected at munches, going to bdsm events and demos anything and everything that I thought could be of some value.
It's not something that we've really talked about or expressed beyond very private circles before, yet lately I've found myself wanting to be involved more publicly with this side of our lives. Maybe because I think we now have something of value to share with those that maybe want to seek advice or help I'm not really sure lol.
What we now share is something I am so very proud of and never that even possible in a relationship let alone think I'd be lucky enough to live.
So yep I am proud to be the Dominant to my beautiful submissive.
I think swinging and bdsm can cross over to a degree. The problem is I think there is so much assumption and missunderstanding on both sides that it is often very hard to achieve. Certainly we have never found anyone I'd share my submissive within the swing scene where bdsm may be involved. We did find a particularly willing submissive in the swing scene though that was a fun time! ;) lol
More willing, understanding within both scenes would be very nice for starters...

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
We choose to live a D/s lifestyle. We realised a long loooong time ago that this side of our natures was actually a big part of the attraction between us without even being able to label it back then.
We have grown together and learnt together it really has been an expansion and recognition of our inner personalities I think more than anything through reading everything I could lay my hands on, talking to those we respected at munches, going to bdsm events and demos anything and everything that I thought could be of some value.
It's not something that we've really talked about or expressed beyond very private circles before, yet lately I've found myself wanting to be involved more publicly with this side of our lives. Maybe because I think we now have something of value to share with those that maybe want to seek advice or help I'm not really sure lol.
What we now share is something I am so very proud of and never that even possible in a relationship let alone think I'd be lucky enough to live.
So yep I am proud to be the Dominant to my beautiful submissive.
I think swinging and bdsm can cross over to a degree. The problem is I think there is so much assumption and missunderstanding on both sides that it is often very hard to achieve. Certainly we have never found anyone I'd share my submissive within the swing scene where bdsm may be involved. We did find a particularly willing submissive in the swing scene though that was a fun time! ;) lol
More willing, understanding within both scenes would be very nice for starters...
That's a seriously fantastic post and many things I also agree with. And I certainly agree with your last sentence. (y) :)

Reactions: Therapon and Pearls
Lovernotfighter

MOTM

3 February 2016
City
York
I see a lot more people wanting to dip they're toes into the Bdsm scene ;)
I think it's because kinksters are becoming increasingly accepting of different 'softer' roles and play than was once the case, I can't remember the last time I heard 'switches should make they minds up' or 'babygirls should grow up' arguements. Sadly theirs still the bitter flavour of you can't Dom unless your this old, though I have a feeling those that shout that one aren't doing for any kinky reason.

Reactions: Pearls