The Contraception Thread

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Millennials
Said it before. Will say it again. :) x
Actually I will also add - the digital age quite simply has not helped.
So, I will continue to be as unbiased as usual, but this is definitely a fact that people seem to, conveniently, forget. x

Reactions: Never_say_Never
14 February 2017
City
Luton
Do you still use a condom or no?
I'm thinking about the implant but I need to get opinions and experiences. So far, so good! (y)
We always practice safe sex. When it's just the 2 of us then no, we don't use condoms.
I was worried about the implant for a good couple of years before I had it. But I'm useless at remembering to take pills, the depo injection made me pile on 4 stone in as many months which I'm still struggling to lose. The coil made sex incredibly painful for me and my partner could feel it. I love the freedom of the implant, 3 years of not having to worry about anything!

Reactions: Pearls and AutumnH
7 January 2017
City
Birmingham
We always practice safe sex. When it's just the 2 of us then no, we don't use condoms.
I was worried about the implant for a good couple of years before I had it. But I'm useless at remembering to take pills, the depo injection made me pile on 4 stone in as many months which I'm still struggling to lose. The coil made sex incredibly painful for me and my partner could feel it. I love the freedom of the implant, 3 years of not having to worry about anything!

Same here. My GP offered to put me on the pill, but I can barely remember what day it is let alone remember to take a pill at teh same time every day!
But the implant sounds good! (y)

27 May 2016
City
Grimsby
Same here. My GP offered to put me on the pill, but I can barely remember what day it is let alone remember to take a pill at teh same time every day!
But the implant sounds good! (y)

It's probably a case of trial and error. I had one implant, that caused my periods to go berserk, turned me into a hormonal mess, and found me sat one morning, at breakfast, on holiday, crying hysterically because I couldn't find any cheese! :eek:

I had it removed soon after, much to B's relief!

T

Tigress

All I would say is how I feel about (some) other children is completely different to how I feel about my own. They are growing into amazing people and a joy to take out and share the world with. Off to Durham with my 18 year old for two nights next week and I'm really looking forward to it x

Reactions: Pearls and AutumnH
7 January 2017
City
Birmingham
It's probably a case of trial and error. I had one implant, that caused my periods to go berserk, turned me into a hormonal mess, and found me sat one morning, at breakfast, on holiday, crying hysterically because I couldn't find any cheese! :eek:
Wow! That's mental :confused:

Look guys, I'm not anti-child or anti-family. I'm really not, but what works for you just doesn't work for me.

For so long I have had so many people tell me "oh you'll change your mind" "I'll pray for you" "you're missing out on a wonderful thing" "that's so selfish of you" etc. And I always have to be so explicit and brutal to shut these kinds of people down.

This topic was about contraception and my ignorance to methods other than condoms, and not my decision to not procreate. You have kids, brilliant! Good for you, I'm not judging and I'm sure you're not judging me.

Can we please get back on topic about and close the door on how wonderful parenthood is and all love and support each other again x

Look, I've even brought the marmite as a peace offering

IDShot_540x540.jpg

P

peakcouple

We're old enough to remember the days when the pill was only available to married women, so R used the cap/diaphragm when she started regular sex. G's first regular girlfriend used a cap too. Otherwise it was condoms and even 'pull outs' sometimes with our early partners, we were both incredibly lucky to avoid pregnancies!

Reactions: Therapon and Admin
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
What I would like to add to this is, I am a believer that natural is best, now hormonal contraception, some have said they don't have periods but is this natural and can this affect us in later life with the menopause, I believe so.
I have used the coil and pill in my younger days but decided to go natural later on with the diaphragm and it worked well until I had @Admin neutered :D
Now going through the meopause :rolleyes: I have had no problems apart from the dreaded sweats at night, when I speak to other women struggling with it and having awful mood swings and other issues it makes me think is this an effect from years of hormonal contraception? Possible ;)

Reactions: Miss-Sexy-Legs
N

No longer with us

What I would like to add to this is, I am a believer that natural is best, now hormonal contraception, some have said they don't have periods but is this natural and can this affect us in later life with the menopause, I believe so.
I have used the coil and pill in my younger days but decided to go natural later on with the diaphragm and it worked well until I had @Admin neutered :D
Now going through the meopause :rolleyes: I have had no problems apart from the dreaded sweats at night, when I speak to other women struggling with it and having awful mood swings and other issues it makes me think is this an effect from years of hormonal contraception? Possible ;)
I totally agree with you
I had an ectopic pregnancy at 25 which resulted in me losing both tubes so never had to use contraception
I am also going through the menopause and the only effect it has had on me is my sex drive has increased dramatically :whistle:

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
I totally agree with you
I had an ectopic pregnancy at 25 which resulted in me losing both tubes so never had to use contraception
I am also going through the menopause and the only effect it has had on me is my sex drive has increased dramatically :whistle:
Yes me too but I didn't want to mention that, @Admin is loving every second since me turning a certain age :whistle:

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Yes me too but I didn't want to mention that, @Admin is loving every second since me turning a certain age :whistle:
This is true. :D
From a man's perspective though, I worry about such things as mentioned (HRT et al) and I have always said to @Pearls that I think natural is the best possible way for her, if she can do it.
I just believe it can cause too many complications later in life.

Also, @Tigerinthesunshine I again contacted SH:24 | Free home STI test and got nowhere... which is a shame. I'll try again but that'll be it.
In the meantime, after reading @AutumnH 's post I contacted Condoms, Lube & Home STI Test Retailer | Freedoms Shop yesterday and the lady I spoke with was very helpful and we are negotiating what we can do to help each other out and possibly help get some things distributed here and so on.
Will know more today, so watch this space. :)
We're of course, strong advocates of sexual health so it is something we wish to pursue and ASAP.

Reactions: No longer with us
P

peakcouple

Rose too has reached that 'certain age' and appreciates not having to use contraception (except for swinging). She misses her hormone surges where she felt very needy for sex but hasn't lost the enjoyment of it all by any means.

This thread makes me think of a bizarre conversation I had with a past girlfriend. Met her on a blind date; her friend was going out with an RAF friend and he asked if I'd like to join them in his room. The women were both army nurses. After a few drinks my friend wanted to fuck his girlfriend, so I took my new friend to my room. She forthrightly asked if I had any condoms and I replied yes, so we undressed. While we were cuddling afterwards the conversation went something like this -
"Glad you had a condom because I'm not allowed to take the pill, I'm an RC." (This was before AIDS) "And I'm not allowed to have condoms either."
"I've heard contraception isn't allowed for RCs."
"Yes, in fact it's a mortal sin."
"Isn't sex outside marriage a sin too?"
"Yes, but it's not a mortal sin so it isn't as bad. At confession I can be forgiven for having casual sex but not for using contraception."
"But we've just used contraception!"
"No, you did, I didn't, so I haven't committed a mortal sin."
"But haven't I committed a mortal sin too?"
"Well that doesn't matter, you're not RC are you?"

We did a lot more 'sinning' over the next few months, but as far as she was concerned none of it was mortal - for her anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Rose too has reached that 'certain age' and appreciates not having to use contraception (except for swinging). She misses her hormone surges where she felt very needy for sex but hasn't lost the enjoyment of it all by any means.

This thread makes me think of a bizarre conversation I had with a past girlfriend. Met her on a blind date; her friend was going out with an RAF friend and he asked if I'd like to join them in his room. The women were both army nurses. After a few drinks my friend wanted to fuck his girlfriend, so I took my new friend to my room. She forthrightly asked if I had any condoms and I replied yes, so we undressed. While we were cuddling afterwards the conversation went something like this -
"Glad you had a condom because I'm not allowed to take the pill, I'm an RC." (This was before AIDS) "And I'm not allowed to have condoms either."
"I've heard contraception isn't allowed for RCs."
"Yes, in fact it's a mortal sin."
"Isn't sex outside marriage a sin too?"
"Yes, but it's not a mortal sin so it isn't as bad. At confession I can be forgiven for having casual sex but not for using contraception."
"But we've just used contraception!"
"No, you did, I didn't, so I haven't committed a mortal sin."
"But haven't I committed a mortal sin too?"
"Well that doesn't matter, you're not RC are you?"

We did a lot more 'sinning' over the next few months, but as far as she was concerned none of it was mortal - for her anyway.
I actually find that quite funny :D naughty sinners you! :sneaky:
Glad Rose coped well with that certain age.. :whistle:

Reactions: Pearls
B

bbwsoiree

As pearls said above hun.. think long and hard, the hormonal inplant worked fine for me, for years.. no side effects, its a fairly long term solution..
On the otherhand it made my daughter have 3wks of bleeding out of 4.
Mr F had the snip after his our first child at 28!! Way to young in my eyes.. his Dr tried in vain to put him off... but he was adamant.. difference being we had, had a child.. x
I was put on the implant a while ago,it lasts 3 years,just had my 2nd put in January,I'm lucky I have no periods (rare spotting about twice a year) it has worked brilliantly for me,I'm now too old and large to go on the pill,also was too scatty to remember the dam things lol
I've never looked back as it agrees with me,however my daughter too has lots of bleeding throughout the month.it works for some and not others
As for durex when I go for my my regular sti testing,I always ask for a bag of skins durex,I find them the best for swinging as never tear or slide off x

14 February 2017
City
Welwyn Garden City
I wasn't maternal "at all" at 30 then I hit 31 and wow it all went off in my head and body...... so pleased I didn't do anything more permanent as I too considered it. I now have two gorgeous (sometimes!) boys.... although my eldest has told me I can't do a Bridget Jones on him and turn up at the Reading Festival this year!!! FTF I soooo want to go..... :)
Now I've entered this new phase in my life though I worry about the whole STD thing, I was going to try female condoms..... but am also getting the mirena coil fitted... double whammy. Anyone had experience with the female condoms??

Reactions: Pearls