The Totally New Quiz Results And League Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 1030
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
  • Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
D

Deleted member 1030

Cue grainy footage of helicopters with a 1960’s soundtrack. The Doors or The Stones will do. Maybe Hendrix’s version of All Along The Watchtower.
A man, wearing only a pair of military issue boots, sips from a bottle of Jack Daniels.

Saigon…. I was still in Saigon.
Every time I wake up, I think I’m going to be back in the Cockwell Inn on quiz night. They say war is hell….. they haven’t tried answering questions on Science and Nature.... they attacked us in the very first round, we didn’t stand a chance. We lost good quizzers trying to work out how many sides a heptadecagon has. If that's how Quizmaster fought the war, I began to wonder what they really had against Edgar Wright. It wasn't just insanity and silly questions; there was enough of that to go around for everyone.

It was brutal. @Biofilm @Pearls and @Ms_kinky_Emma fought the rear guard, while the main phalanx of troops consisted of @Mel007 @debE @Nigel&Julie and @Vanezza . The deadly duos of @TherLegs and @Baldricknkaz fought a brave campaign but, catching the last helicopter out and rising above the horror, was @emyr

No one got the link, though :sneaky:

“I love the smell of Monterey Jack cheese in the morning” Quizmaster said, sniffing the air. “It smells like……. Victory!”

quizleague060717.png

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1030

So, Trevor, the opening weekend of the league season is finally with us, after several postponements and abandonments (due to floodlight failure). Thoughts?
Well, Gary, wasn't it just? It's always, like I say, quite frankly marvellous, wasn't it? It was a quiz of two halves, real end to end stuff. like I always say, you know what I mean.
Haha not sure I do, Trevor. Cup holders @Vanezza started the quiz shakily but were simply magnificent in midfield, after spending a lot of the close season in the Days of the Week threads.
Well, that's very much the modern game, Gary, not like our day, eh?
Think Cloughie would have had a thing or two to say about that, Trevor.
Of course, don't forget - we won the World Cup in 1966, Gary. That tells you everything. No Fishnet Friday back then. We had rickets, though.
League new boy @StokeChoke made an impressive debut, beating @Mel007 who had a few communication difficulties, it seemed?
Yes, Gary, facetime can really take its toll. Even Lionel Messi would agree there, isn't he great, though?
Quite. Do you think the mind games played by @Baldricknkaz had any effect on their draw with @Biofilm ?
Absolutely, Gary, the boy Balders was quite vocal about employing a naked Kaz to bamboozle the attack and I think there was a bit of a suggestion of jelly babies, at one point. I think that's why they narrowly beat a solid performance from both @TherLegs and @debE
The reigning league champions, fresh from being in Europe, @Nigel&Julie flattered to deceive in the first half and missed a few open goals, but staged a magnificent comeback in the dying seconds of the game to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. Is it time, do you think Trevor, to make the Bonus question harder?
I think so, Gary. Maybe more herons, who knows? If they can do it on the continent, I don't see why we can't have it here. There's been talk of Stephen Fry, so we just don't know. Isn't it?
Thank you, Trevor. Before we go, just time to look at the league table;
quizleague121017.png
Of course, it's early days and there's still everything to play for, with many teams yet to play. See you next week.....

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
So, Trevor, the opening weekend of the league season is finally with us, after several postponements and abandonments (due to floodlight failure). Thoughts?
Well, Gary, wasn't it just? It's always, like I say, quite frankly marvellous, wasn't it? It was a quiz of two halves, real end to end stuff. like I always say, you know what I mean.
Haha not sure I do, Trevor. Cup holders @Vanezza started the quiz shakily but were simply magnificent in midfield, after spending a lot of the close season in the Days of the Week threads.
Well, that's very much the modern game, Gary, not like our day, eh?
Think Cloughie would have had a thing or two to say about that, Trevor.
Of course, don't forget - we won the World Cup in 1966, Gary. That tells you everything. No Fishnet Friday back then. We had rickets, though.
League new boy @StokeChoke made an impressive debut, beating @Mel007 who had a few communication difficulties, it seemed?
Yes, Gary, facetime can really take its toll. Even Lionel Messi would agree there, isn't he great, though?
Quite. Do you think the mind games played by @Baldricknkaz had any effect on their draw with @Biofilm ?
Absolutely, Gary, the boy Balders was quite vocal about employing a naked Kaz to bamboozle the attack and I think there was a bit of a suggestion of jelly babies, at one point. I think that's why they narrowly beat a solid performance from both @TherLegs and @debE
The reigning league champions, fresh from being in Europe, @Nigel&Julie flattered to deceive in the first half and missed a few open goals, but staged a magnificent comeback in the dying seconds of the game to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. Is it time, do you think Trevor, to make the Bonus question harder?
I think so, Gary. Maybe more herons, who knows? If they can do it on the continent, I don't see why we can't have it here. There's been talk of Stephen Fry, so we just don't know. Isn't it?
Thank you, Trevor. Before we go, just time to look at the league table;
View attachment 42342
Of course, it's early days and there's still everything to play for, with many teams yet to play. See you next week.....
Hilarious! :D :D
Thank you as always QM and well done everyone....

Anyone else read that in a commentators voice? :p x