Bareback? Thoughts on it and why/why not?

• Thread starter Leather
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
  • Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
D

David08322

Personally I think it's good practice to wear a condom if you don't know them that well. It's still not 100% effective you can still catch an STI even if your wear a condom, or the condom can break. I usually wear to start and then try and have an open chat about sexual health, partners checks etc. If the risk is low I would then go BB, because lets be honest it is better. I get screened every time I have a new sexual partner and wont sleep with anyone taking drugs for my own peace of mind.

Reactions: Pearls and Admin

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Reasonable discussion - I expected more outrage :hmm:
Been actually quite calm... There have been some pretty heated discussions though...
One of the most memorable points, for me, was when a single lady (now gone for other reasons..) wanted to plant bombs on all football stadiums to kill as many football heads as possible.. o_O
But yes this one's not too bad. :whistle:

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
Been actually quite calm... There have been some pretty heated discussions though...
One of the most memorable points, for me, was when a single lady (now gone for other reasons..) wanted to plant bombs on all football stadiums to kill as many football heads as possible.. o_O
But yes this one's not too bad. :whistle:
Can't say I'm a fan of footie but, on balance, live and let live? :eek:

Reactions: Pearls
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
As I have said before if you want to play Russian Roulette then go for it, new meets and regular, it doesn't matter, the risks are exactly the same, I have read posts here about members who play bareback once they get to know a play mate, how naive, those play mates play with other new partners, possibly bareback. If you are gullible to think you are safe because you have met a few times then think again, don't take the word of someone that they are safe and clean.. Get tested if you have!
I have seen decent people who have been coaxed into playing bare back and got stung big time, she never did it again and left the scene because of this.
Like I have said if you want a disease then go for it..
If someone says to you, I am clean so lets not bother with a condom, think again!
If someone ever pressures you then walk away as that is abuse, end of.
Play Russian Roulette, then you know what will happen.

Reactions: Therapon
17 March 2017
City
Manchester
Very Interesting . I Think that safety is paramount and more reason to be familiar with your guests before you risk any ones health. I like all men love BB and hate condoms but as I respect new partners if it happens protection is tops for them and me. However if I saw regular peeps and know I can trust them I have got to say to enjoy them fully is swinging in its fullest sence.xxx

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Very Interesting . I Think that safety is paramount and more reason to be familiar with your guests before you risk any ones health. I like all men love BB and hate condoms but as I respect new partners if it happens protection is tops for them and me. However if I saw regular peeps and know I can trust them I have got to say to enjoy them fully is swinging in its fullest sence.xxx
Regular or new, the risks are exactly the same, those regulars are playing with new people and could go bareback, either way you are risking an iffy disease, end of (y)

17 March 2017
City
Manchester
Not sure what the disagree is huns ? xx

Reactions: Pearls
17 March 2017
City
Manchester
Regular or new, the risks are exactly the same, those regulars are playing with new people and could go bareback, either way you are risking an iffy disease, end of (y)
Well like a partner you learn to trust! i am only saying that some peeps have a regular couple etc so I am sure they trust one and other ? x

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Well like a partner you learn to trust! i am only saying that some peeps have a regular couple etc so I am sure they trust one and other ? x
They would trust but what happens when that regular partner plays with a new partner bare back and comes back to you in all innocence,

17 March 2017
City
Manchester
They would trust but what happens when that regular partner plays with a new partner bare back and comes back to you in all innocence,
Well I would hope that they said about a change ! as I would still ask every time any ways . not problem tho has im not doing any totally swinging yet xxxx

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
As I have said before if you want to play Russian Roulette then go for it, new meets and regular, it doesn't matter, the risks are exactly the same, I have read posts here about members who play bareback once they get to know a play mate, how naive, those play mates play with other new partners, possibly bareback. If you are gullible to think you are safe because you have met a few times then think again, don't take the word of someone that they are safe and clean.. Get tested if you have!
I have seen decent people who have been coaxed into playing bare back and got stung big time, she never did it again and left the scene because of this.
Like I have said if you want a disease then go for it..
If someone says to you, I am clean so lets not bother with a condom, think again!
If someone ever pressures you then walk away as that is abuse, end of.
Play Russian Roulette, then you know what will happen.

Ah, risk and the perception of risk...

Russian Roulette is a stable 1 in 6 chance of death - shagging without a jonnie does not result in instant death and, as the stats below hint, it is a more complex picture.

In 2015 (year I can get most recent figs. for) the total number of new STI diagnoses was 434,456; a decrease of 3.4% from 449,642 in 2014.

Large, disproportionate increases in diagnoses were seen in men who have sex with men, including a 21% increase in gonorrhoea and a 19% increase in syphilis. Although this may be partly due to increased testing, Public Health England said “high levels of condomless sex probably account for most of this rise”.

Young people are more likely to be diagnosed with an STI than older age groups. In 2015, among heterosexuals diagnosed, 15 to 24-year-olds accounted for 62% of those with chlamydia, 52% with gonorrhoea, 51% with genital warts, and 41% with genital herpes

Ok, here's some averages for number of times you'd likely have unprotected, penetrative sex before contracting something:

CHLAMYDIA
Living With It: Uncomfortable…then you take some pills and it’s gone.
Curable: Yes (2-4 Weeks)
RAW Score: 36 Partners
Condom Protects: Yes

GONORRHEA
Living With It: Painful. Hope for no pus. Then you take some pills and it’s gone.
Curable: Yes (within a month)
RAW Score: 179 Partners

SYPHILIS
Living With It: Itchy. Then 15 years later you go insane and kill yourself… (no, seriously.)
Curable: Yes
RAW Score: 1841 partners (no, that’s not a typo)
Condom Protects: No

HPV (HIGH-RISK STRAINS)
Living With It: A nuisance. A few years of awkward conversations. Hopefully just one (painful) operation for women.
Curable: No, but it typically leaves on its own after a few years. There is also a vaccine for women and men now (get it!).
RAW Score: 4 Partners

GENITAL HERPES
Living With It: There’s a good chance you already have it.
Curable: No, but who cares?
RAW Score: 13 Partners
Condoms Protect: No

HIV
Living With It: Expensive and stressful, but assuming you’re not African, you’ll live.
Curable: No
RAW Score: 1,250 Partners (significantly fewer partners if engaging in anal sex)
Condoms Protect: Yes

PREGNANCY
Living With It: Completely and irreversibly life-changing
Curable: Uhh… err…
RAW Score: 100 sexual encounters
Condom: 85% effective

Food for thought...

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Ah, risk and the perception of risk...

Russian Roulette is a stable 1 in 6 chance of death - shagging without a jonnie does not result in instant death and, as the stats below hint, it is a more complex picture.

In 2015 (year I can get most recent figs. for) the total number of new STI diagnoses was 434,456; a decrease of 3.4% from 449,642 in 2014.

Large, disproportionate increases in diagnoses were seen in men who have sex with men, including a 21% increase in gonorrhoea and a 19% increase in syphilis. Although this may be partly due to increased testing, Public Health England said “high levels of condomless sex probably account for most of this rise”.

Young people are more likely to be diagnosed with an STI than older age groups. In 2015, among heterosexuals diagnosed, 15 to 24-year-olds accounted for 62% of those with chlamydia, 52% with gonorrhoea, 51% with genital warts, and 41% with genital herpes

Ok, here's some averages for number of times you'd likely have unprotected, penetrative sex before contracting something:

CHLAMYDIA
Living With It: Uncomfortable…then you take some pills and it’s gone.
Curable: Yes (2-4 Weeks)
RAW Score: 36 Partners

GONORRHEA
Living With It: Painful. Hope for no pus. Then you take some pills and it’s gone.
Curable: Yes (within a month)
RAW Score: 179 Partners

SYPHILIS
Living With It: Itchy. Then 15 years later you go insane and kill yourself… (no, seriously.)
Curable: Yes
RAW Score: 1841 partners (no, that’s not a typo)

HPV (HIGH-RISK STRAINS)
Living With It: A nuisance. A few years of awkward conversations. Hopefully just one (painful) operation for women.
Curable: No, but it typically leaves on its own after a few years. There is also a vaccine for women and men now (get it!).
RAW Score: 4 Partners

GENITAL HERPES
Living With It: There’s a good chance you already have it.
Curable: No, but who cares?
RAW Score: 13 Partners
Condoms Protect: No

HIV
Living With It: Expensive and stressful, but assuming you’re not African, you’ll live.
Curable: No
RAW Score: 1,250 Partners (significantly fewer partners if engaging in anal sex)
Condoms Protect: Yes

PREGNANCY
Living With It: Completely and irreversibly life-changing
Curable: Uhh… err…
RAW Score: 100 sexual encounters
Condom: 85% effective

Food for thought...
Crack on then. (y)

Reactions: stumpysteve