Eu....stay Or Go?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1402
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
  • Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
D

Deleted member 1402

I was on team leave this week, but now back to don't know. If we stay and other countries join the EU such as Turkey, with nearly a population of 80 million, how many of them will want to come over?
Being very selfish, I'm petrified of what will happen to the NHS, I really really rely on it.

Reactions: Admin

Therapon

Admin
11 August 2015
I was on team leave this week, but now back to don't know. If we stay and other countries join the EU such as Turkey, with nearly a population of 80 million, how many of them will want to come over?
Being very selfish, I'm petrified of what will happen to the NHS, I really really rely on it.

This is a scare tactic, even if Turkey was to join the EU it is decades off completion. Add to that the fact Cyprus is still a divided island, the other part being Greek, this would also need to be resolved first. Further to that we still have a veto, the Dutch do not want Turkey to join they also have a veto. So it just another dirty tactic to scare people into voting in a specific way. Both sides are playing dirty.

D

Deleted member 1402

This is a scare tactic, even if Turkey was to join the EU it is decades off completion. Add to that the fact Cyprus is still a divided island, the other part being Greek, this would also need to be resolved first. Further to that we still have a veto, the Dutch do not want Turkey to join they also have a veto. So it just another dirty tactic to scare people into voting in a specific way. Both sides are playing dirty.
From the leaflets I've had, I can see this. So how the hell do they expect us to decide? Do I just not vote? It's doing my nut in and I'm one of them freaks who'll start having sleepless nights and anxiety :confused:

Reactions: Therapon

Therapon

Admin
11 August 2015
From the leaflets I've had, I can see this. So how the hell do they expect us to decide? Do I just not vote? It's doing my nut in and I'm one of them freaks who'll start having sleepless nights and anxiety :confused:

No you need to vote one way or the other, how you do that is your personal choice. All I would say, for me the thing that might sway me is the ability for my son to be able to move and work freely within the EU. This vote has far reaching consequences and it isn't about funds for the NHS or immigration, they are just topical issue and no matter what way the vote goes these issues will not disappear they will just re-appear with a different emphasis.

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
And to counter this post Miss VV;
for me the thing that might sway me is the ability for my son to be able to move and work freely within the EU.
That's from one perspective as a UK citizen. What about a non UK citizen who wants in to our country?
That's exactly why immigration is getting more and more problematic. Pulling out means the free movement within the EU will stop and we will have more control over the numbers game.

Just thought I'd confuse you even more :D
This vote has far reaching consequences and it isn't about funds for the NHS or immigration, they are just topical issue and no matter what way the vote goes these issues will not disappear they will just re-appear with a different emphasis.
I think this should be considered for: "it isn't *just about funds for the NHS or immigration." As they are among the top 5 or so issues for the EU... Along with trading, laws and our manageability of our own laws, funding to the tune of £55m per day etc..
(y)

H

heavenNhell

the only differance between us being in or out is the speed that YOUR rights and freedoms will be taken away by the haves because taken away the will be make no mistake as technology gets ever better at producing stuff with less and less human input so those without work will grow . we are on a planet with finite resources as the scarcity of such resources grows so will the price and the haves as they have proven time after time in history will happily sit back and watch us the poor the weak the old fight over the scraps

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
the only differance between us being in or out is the speed that YOUR rights and freedoms will be taken away by the haves because taken away the will be make no mistake as technology gets ever better at producing stuff with less and less human input so those without work will grow . we are on a planet with finite resources as the scarcity of such resources grows so will the price and the haves as they have proven time after time in history will happily sit back and watch us the poor the weak the old fight over the scraps
Very true and that class divide has always existed, even moreso now. That 1% issue.

H

heavenNhell

as for the £55m being used for the NHS/ schools if you believe that PT Barnum! is right it will be used to bribe the voters who will either keep them in power or put them in power no matter who is in parliament left right or center as thats what it is all about power power to protect them and theres and pull up the drawbridge behind them

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
@VoluptuousVixen this may again be relevant. The 'leaves' cannot really argue this as it's definitely on the cards if stay happens as we're already feeling the start of it now.

A group that wants lower immigration has forecast if Britain votes to remain in the EU, net migration will exceed 250,000 a year for at least 20 years.
The Migration Watch report said a "cautious estimate" for annual net migration by 2035 was 265,000, with 60% of migrants coming from the EU.
It said there was complacency about the impact of rapid population growth which it said "could change the UK forever".

Remain said leaving the EU and damaging the economy was not the answer.
Immigration has been a key battleground in the referendum campaign ahead of the vote on EU membership on 23 June.

Net migration to the UK rose to 333,000 in 2015, according to Office for National Statistics estimates released in May - the second highest figure on record - figures which the Leave campaign argue illustrates the inability of the UK to control migration while being in the EU.
Source;
EU referendum: Warning over net migration if UK votes to Remain - BBC News

Migration Watch report papers;
The Outlook for Migration to the UK

D

Deleted member 1402

@VoluptuousVixen this may again be relevant. The 'leaves' cannot really argue this as it's definitely on the cards if stay happens as we're already feeling the start of it now.

Source;
EU referendum: Warning over net migration if UK votes to Remain - BBC News

Migration Watch report papers;
The Outlook for Migration to the UK
yes, been really looking into this, there are 2 million Turks due to come soon, Imagine when they join the EU along with the other countries in the queue? Bye bye green spaces, which are all being swamped up by new housing developments in my borough.
I'm all for having a multi cultural Britain, but we're bursting at the seams, kids canno longer get into the schools they want, Dr's and hospitals are at breaking point, rescorces everywhere have been slahed to buggery the past few years, how we gonna manage with millions of more people?

Reactions: Admin and Pearls

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
yes, been really looking into this, there are 2 million Turks due to come soon, Imagine when they join the EU along with the other countries in the queue? Bye bye green spaces, which are all being swamped up by new housing developments in my borough.
I'm all for having a multi cultural Britain, but we're bursting at the seams, kids canno longer get into the schools they want, Dr's and hospitals are at breaking point, rescorces everywhere have been slahed to buggery the past few years, how we gonna manage with millions of more people?
This is the biggest issue and argument for leave as well as laws etc.. It's a seriously huge question and one that the stay campaign run away from a lot. x

D

Deleted member 1402

This is the biggest issue and argument for leave as well as laws etc.. It's a seriously huge question and one that the stay campaign run away from a lot. x
I'm in a grumpy ranting mood, this country needs get a grip, sort our homeless out, landlords and their ridiculous rents, Policing, social services (adult and children) and stop bowing down to others.

H

heavenNhell

turkey IS NOT about to join the eu they have been trying to meet the thirty five criteria since thier last attempt in the 1980s so far they have fullfilled one ! thats right one so it aint gonna happen soon . The scaremongering story you are seeing spolashed all over the right wing press is about holiday visas for turkish nationals it will allow them to travel for a holiday with out having to apply for a visa for one month within the boundarys of the shengen agreement so doesent apply to the uk .id they wish to travel for any other reason (work buisness imigrate ) they have to aplly for a visa valid for three months but hey dont let a scary headline get in the way of the truth eh her goebells would of been proud of how gullible some folk are to propaganda

D

Deleted member 1402

turkey IS NOT about to join the eu they have been trying to meet the thirty five criteria since thier last attempt in the 1980s so far they have fullfilled one ! thats right one so it aint gonna happen soon . The scaremongering story you are seeing spolashed all over the right wing press is about holiday visas for turkish nationals it will allow them to travel for a holiday with out having to apply for a visa for one month within the boundarys of the shengen agreement so doesent apply to the uk .id they wish to travel for any other reason (work buisness imigrate ) they have to aplly for a visa valid for three months but hey dont let a scary headline get in the way of the truth eh her goebells would of been proud of how gullible some folk are to propaganda
I never said they are ABOUT to join, they are in the queue to join. I went two years ago and the change was drastic from when I first went 10 years ago. They be in before we know it.
What I did say is that 2 million are due to be sent over.
Gullible? ?? Perhaps, but neither side are giving good enough reasons, so I'm currently not going to vote, but IF I did choose leave, then that's my choice.

D

Deleted member 1030

Please try and keep this debate civil :)
One of the strengths of this site is friendliness and the fact that we can disagree over things like this without resorting to name-calling or reductive arguments. Thank you.

Reactions: Pearls
D

Deleted member 1402

Please try and keep this debate civil :)
One of the strengths of this site is friendliness and the fact that we can disagree over things like this without resorting to name-calling or reductive arguments. Thank you.
I've been called worse, hence why I have left it.
We should not judge others for a difference in opinions. It's a touchy subject for some, seen some awful comments on social media sites.

D

Deleted member 1402

Like you, I am confused, you are right though about comments made on social media, its getting crazy out there, I did say out, tbh I'm not going to vote as have no clue what the best way forward is xx
With the poster above, that makes me not want to vote. I then think we've manged ok in the EU so far, why change? Then I think of other countries wanting to join EU and millions wanting to come here when we're running out of room.