Here goes... Coronavirus.

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
MP386

MOTM

9 November 2015
So I just got back from shopping. This is the first time I've been shopping whilst it's been sunny / mid afternoon. There were 'lots' of people out and around. I've learnt a few things.

- If you are wearing around your mouth and nose a i) wooly scarf ii) surgical mask iii) mask for spraying iv) mask for cosplaying your favourite anime character, then you are immune and can exclude yourself from the 2m social distancing rule and can even get right up and brush past people too!
- if you are an employee of a shop, you are also immune and also can exclude yourself. You can also stand in groups of 4-5 by the main entrance because you will not of course pass it on.
- bargain booze is now classed as an essential shop and had a queue of about 12 people standing outside. (I'm not a drinker but was still impressed!)
- if you are 2 police officers walking along the middle of a narrow path with lots of flat grass to your side but road to the other side of the pedestrian, you can remain walking alongside each other on the middle of the path, because yes, you are excluded as well (I wanted to film this, because I saw from about 15m what was going to happen, but I was just so knackered from the 2 hours of going from (closed) shop to shop!)
- the sun is out, so that means skimpy clothes are back on women!
- Most people get it, and will walk in single file alongside opposite sides of the path and will try to put as much room as possible between people.

i haven't tried it yet, but people will probably get offended if you stick your arm out and say 'this is less than 2m' because your arm is in their way. If I had the means, I'd be making long hoop plastic dresses with a diameter of 2m. Some 60's pop-sci-fi inspired psychedelic dresses
I can see some of your points but at least the people you saw wearing masks were making some effort , ok distance should still be observed, a lot of PPE masks are reusable , I use reusable masks regularly as part of my job , if it’s a filter mask they last quite a while in dusty atmospheres so use in the street shouldn’t be a problem if you fancy looking a bit of a plumb waking down the road in one , even the cheaper types can be reused by the same person construction types which are similar to most on the market if looked after properly don’t tend to break down , they generally only need replacing when dirty , I should add , scarves ?? You could argue at least they are covering nose and mouth as far I know guide lines say catch it in a tissue and bin it ... should be more than adequate..
the Police we had a patrol car outside the site the other day , they sat side by side eating their breakfast...it’s difficult in some jobs to actually distance ,ok on the beat no real excuse but what happens if they are required to make an arrest ? They will have to get up close and personal ... yes they should be leading by example especially if they are issuing fines ...
this brings me too
I think they should pick people up who are taking the piss with isolation and make them scrub our Hospitals germ free,during the day. See how many comply then? Just a thought..? ?
So for the fact someone potentially gets a little close to someone, you advocate sentencing them to a potential death sentence cleaning hospitals .... a little drastic to me ....
Or maybe we should reopen Tyburn Gallows and have public hangings for social distancing infringements.. ??

Think we all know we are living in exceptional times but if just basic hygiene measures are observed the human race will adapt and survive ...

19 March 2020
The American Center for Disease Control: "The science, according to the CDC, says that surgical masks won’t stop the wearer from inhaling small airborne particles, which can cause infection. Nor do these masks form a snug seal around the face. " and "The CDC also does not recommend N95 respirators—the tight-fitting masks designed to filter out 95% of particles from the air that you breathe—for use, except for health care workers. Doctors and health experts keep spreading the word. “Seriously people- STOP BUYING MASKS!” tweeted Dr. Jerome Adams, the U.S. Surgeon General, on Feb. 29 "

The World Health Organisation: "Only wear a mask if you are ill with COVID-19 symptoms (especially coughing) or looking after someone who may have COVID-19. Disposable face mask can only be used once. If you are not ill or looking after someone who is ill then you are wasting a mask "

MP386

MOTM

9 November 2015
The American Center for Disease Control: "The science, according to the CDC, says that surgical masks won’t stop the wearer from inhaling small airborne particles, which can cause infection. Nor do these masks form a snug seal around the face. " and "The CDC also does not recommend N95 respirators—the tight-fitting masks designed to filter out 95% of particles from the air that you breathe—for use, except for health care workers. Doctors and health experts keep spreading the word. “Seriously people- STOP BUYING MASKS!” tweeted Dr. Jerome Adams, the U.S. Surgeon General, on Feb. 29 "

The World Health Organisation: "Only wear a mask if you are ill with COVID-19 symptoms (especially coughing) or looking after someone who may have COVID-19. Disposable face mask can only be used once. If you are not ill or looking after someone who is ill then you are wasting a mask "
People will continue to buy them at extortionate prices if they feel it will stop them catching it , people just don’t look at the big picture or American advice it’s about me me me , hence all the panic buying ... it’s human nature at the moment ...
The government give the advice catch it ,bin it is sufficient ..
Masks are required in lots of industrial settings it’s difficult for us to get them to protect our health from normal working hazards ,we can continue working as per government guidelines, we are not ill or looking after anyone so I don’t agree that we are wasting masks when using them from that generalisation ..

11 November 2019
I can see some of your points but at least the people you saw wearing masks were making some effort , ok distance should still be observed, a lot of PPE masks are reusable , I use reusable masks regularly as part of my job , if it’s a filter mask they last quite a while in dusty atmospheres so use in the street shouldn’t be a problem if you fancy looking a bit of a plumb waking down the road in one , even the cheaper types can be reused by the same person construction types which are similar to most on the market if looked after properly don’t tend to break down , they generally only need replacing when dirty , I should add , scarves ?? You could argue at least they are covering nose and mouth as far I know guide lines say catch it in a tissue and bin it ... should be more than adequate..
the Police we had a patrol car outside the site the other day , they sat side by side eating their breakfast...it’s difficult in some jobs to actually distance ,ok on the beat no real excuse but what happens if they are required to make an arrest ? They will have to get up close and personal ... yes they should be leading by example especially if they are issuing fines ...
this brings me too

So for the fact someone potentially gets a little close to someone, you advocate sentencing them to a potential death sentence cleaning hospitals .... a little drastic to me ....
Or maybe we should reopen Tyburn Gallows and have public hangings for social distancing infringements.. ??

Think we all know we are living in exceptional times but if just basic hygiene measures are observed the human race will adapt and survive ...
Their not respecting nobody else’s..I know it won’t happen but wouldn’t they listen then though?

19 March 2020
i've just realised, it's very smart of the governments around the world to use numbers of hospital cases / deaths rather than percentages to keep people indoors. 55242 cases sounds a lot scarier than 0.081% of the uk population.

Reactions: Dangerous690
MP386

MOTM

9 November 2015
Their not respecting nobody else’s..I know it won’t happen but wouldn’t they listen then though?
That will always happen so if someone comes to close for comfort the easiest thing is move away , we queue to get in supermarkets at distance but when inside that goes out the window ... I would think some sort of one way system with a mandatory gap should work ... but can you imagine how long it will take to get around maintaining a gap ? ... and as with all things only some will get penalised when others get away without punishment so the fines system isn’t really fair ...

11 November 2019
That will always happen so if someone comes to close for comfort the easiest thing is move away , we queue to get in supermarkets at distance but when inside that goes out the window ... I would think some sort of one way system with a mandatory gap should work ... but can you imagine how long it will take to get around maintaining a gap ? ... and as with all things only some will get penalised when others get away without punishment so the fines system isn’t really fair ...
I can honestly say I’ve not been out to get close to anyone,ive been going out with dog with mask on,I’ve had newspapers delivered and I’m eating what’s here at the moment..knowing me I’ll be the last out of isolation so I’m trying to keep up with the news?just in case I miss my EDR.

MP386

MOTM

9 November 2015
I can honestly say I’ve not been out to get close to anyone,ive been going out with dog with mask on,I’ve had newspapers delivered and I’m eating what’s here at the moment..knowing me I’ll be the last out of isolation so I’m trying to keep up with the news?just in case I miss my EDR.
Everyone has to deal with it as they think is best for them ...
Should things change we adapt to change be that for the better or worse ...
Don’t think anyone has any real answers to how and when things will end ....

MP386

MOTM

9 November 2015
Seems the Americans are changing their advice ,telling people to make mask out if whatever they have lying around..... I’m wondering how effective tights over the head would be aka “old skool bank robber”
B8611C37-B7E5-4AC5-8415-91AD41EC1ECD.gif

Reactions: Lips_Pearls
19 March 2015
The birds are singing louder and more often now! Maybe I'm noticing more due to the reduction in background noise. It sounds like it's 30 years ago. It's beautiful to hear.
I agree. I said to HRH recently - there’re more birds around and they’re singing loudly. I’ve put food out for them and I’ve seen a double/massive increase in bird activity in our garden.

11 November 2019
I feel for everybody who have elderly or unwell loved ones..these scum don’t care for nobody but themselves... are so selfish!!??

Reactions: Colin
19 March 2020
It doesn't include today's data as it isn't published yet, but this chart shows the total amount of new hospital cases over time, and the good news is it's starting to round off and flatten out which means we're nearing the peak within the next few days to a week or so.

thecurve.png

Also Raab hasn't spoken to the PM for a few days. This doesn't look good!

Last edited:
11 November 2019
It doesn't include today's data as it isn't published yet, but this chart shows the total amount of new hospital cases over time, and the good news is it's starting to round off and flatten out which means we're nearing the peak within the next few days to a week or so.

View attachment 70958

Also Raab hasn't spoken to the PM for a few days. This doesn't look good!
Let’s all hope so???